Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown has failed us....
Mike Brown should publicly go after this situation or his team will continue to get cheated when it matters most.

If the league and refs know they can do this to him and his team without a peep out of him in the public, they will continue to do it. They are receiving no repercussions for their screwing us over in the playoffs, so why would they stop. I will guarantee you next year the same teams will have a new way to cheat. And the league will do nothing.

All they have to do is take their draft picks for circumventing the rulebook and the spirit of the game. Basically the NFL is being ruined and Goedell is doing nothing to stop it. The fans are not stupid we see what is happening.

The NFL in my opinion now has zero credibility.

Mike Brown needs to fight for his team and the fans. Being public about it will draw the necessary attention to the problem, as opposed to what Phil Simms and Mike Carey did to the national audience which was basically cover it all up.

As far as Burfict is concerned: I could see Rooney bending Goedells ear about putting the hammer to Burfict.(I would imagine behind closed doors) The Steelers have always enjoyed being the bullies and it is probably killing them that the Bengals are bringing the wood to their players in these games. Attempting to take out our best players by using the league. I mean what about Shazier he has gotten up and danced over injured players on several occasions after big hits. Why isn't he being suspended for the intentional targeting on giovanni?(Targeting-helmet to helmet outside the tackle box.) Most not be good for business.

Reply/Quote
Hi, my real name is Mike Brown, owner of the Cincinnati Bengals using the pseudonym grampahol . Here are my thoughts.. Well sh#t!

The Bengals motto: There's always next year
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't neccisarily agree with the OP. Dehner was just saying that the FO is actually quite upset with the league's handling of the officiating and Burfict's suspension. Just because Mikey doesn't do things to make us feel better or obtain our approval doesn't mean he does nothing. I have little doubt that someone form the team will have discussions with the powers that be about issues stemming from the game.
Reply/Quote
All the owners were too busy getting paid off by the guy in Los Angeles to be worried about their own teams. Nervous
Reply/Quote
I'm winning the powerball jackpot and buying the team STAT. Your team will be in good hands soon. Cool

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:56 AM)samhain Wrote: I don't neccisarily agree with the OP.  Dehner was just saying that the FO is actually quite upset with the league's handling of the officiating and Burfict's suspension.  Just because Mikey doesn't do things to make us feel better or obtain our approval doesn't mean he does nothing.  I have little doubt that someone form the team will have discussions with the powers that be about issues stemming from the game.

We understand that he's upset, hell who isn't?
But he needs to come out and publicly defend his players and call out the opposing team for their actions, call out the targeting that the Steelers have done to our players (IE Mitchell) and berate the Steelers for their lack of control from their own players and coaches. Right now, MB is letting the media say what they want, and they are focusing on Burfict's hit on Brown and Adam's lack of control, not the cheap shots that he's been taking from other Steeler players and coaches and the officiating crew. I would hope that we never see this crew officiating another Bengals game from here on out.

Amazingly, it will make the players appreciate that he will go to bat for them, and the fans will also be happier knowing that he does seem to care about what happened and is doing all that he can to win in the post season. These players care about winning in Cincinnati, but it's hard to care when it doesn't seem like the top brass only cares about it being a business.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:47 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I'm winning the powerball jackpot and buying the team STAT.  Your team will be in good hands soon.   Cool

Get rid of the ***** 'B' logo and bring back the TIGER
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Get rid of the ***** 'B' logo and bring back the TIGER

And make them play in pink gingham to toughen them once they're on the field and paint the field orange with black stripes and make Hobson change his nickname from Butch to Dour Looking So-so Writer.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I hate the NFL right now. I know I won't watch another game this season. No reason to. I'm a Bengals fan. And we helped let ourselves get ****** out of the playoffs.

I'll be back for next season, but it won't be the same. This one hurt way too bad.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: And make them play in pink gingham to toughen them once they're on the field and paint the field orange with black stripes and make Hobson change his nickname from Butch to Dour Looking So-so Writer.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: And make them play in pink gingham to toughen them once they're on the field and paint the field orange with black stripes and  make Hobson change his nickname from Butch to Dour Looking So-so Writer.

LOL
Reply/Quote