Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe
(11-21-2016, 05:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: That isn't how any food establishment really works. Some will provide a bit of a stipend but they don't let their employees start making policy for who they give free food to. It isn't unique to Mike Brown, and as I said, not relevant to anything on the field other than an emotional knee jerk to just look for things to hate. I mean look how much play an unsubstantiated third person story is getting.

Hate Mike Brown for not firing Marvin, or for letting Hue leave, but this seems like knit picking.
They're not a food establish, they're a billion dollar business who makes 75% of their money in media contracts.

Even if you want to make the argument that it's a protocol issue, it's still one that should never reach Mike Brown. Let the vendor and appropriate supervisor concern themselves with the issue.  Mike Brown should focusing his attention on all sorts of important things.  Missing hot dogs isn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
Too bad Mikey Boy didn't choke to death on one of his own wieners.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:33 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This seems like the correct thing to do, especially for the security workers.

I worked security at the stadium for Tenable back in 2008 as a side gig for fun. I quit after one game (Browns) because the pay was horrible and the job was distracting me from watching the game.  Mellow

There definitely wasn't any free food. Not even a discount. The best part of the whole experience was that while I was applying at PBS, Caleb Miller came in and asked for an application.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:17 PM)Rattler Wrote: Too bad Mikey Boy didn't choke to death on one of his own wieners.

Guessing he doesn't eat stadium food.  We know he wouldn't allow a freebie, not even for himself, and there's no way he'd drop $5 on anything not involving upkeep on the Lumina.  Probably brings a baloney sandwich in a paper sack (and, Food Fair baloney, not that fancy Oscar Meyer stuff) and eats it in the corner of the suite while Troy and Katie eye him with contempt and wonder why he just doesn't die already.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, its about as petty as it gets. 

He is seriously having a meeting about FIFTEEN hot dogs being ripped off and given to security guards. FIFTEEN. 
Let it be known that I wouldn't walk across the street to meet Mikey Brown. This story may be true. However, as with almost all stories, there is another side to it. Take the recent presidential campaign media crap for example.  Though I wouldn't put it past Mikey Tightwad Brown to do this, I would like to hear the rest of the story before drawing a definitive conclusion. Yawn
Reply/Quote
So i was watching the horrible version of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" last night and i could help but think..

[Image: the-island-of-dr-moreau-brando-on-dais.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: So i was watching the horrible version of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" last night and i could help but think..

[Image: the-island-of-dr-moreau-brando-on-dais.png]

Makes me think of Apocalypse Now.  The horror.

[Image: apocalypse_now_marlon_brando.jpg]
Reply/Quote
is doug available to kick
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How about you give them away to anyone who wants them? People that worked the game that is.  You're not devaluing the product to potential customers, nor are you losing sales.  If they're going to get thrown away what it does it matter?

The team is worth a billion dollars, how about you don't concern yourself with $1.75 worth of hot dogs that were hitting the trash.  You ought to be supplying those workers with a free lunch regardless.  The phrase "bigger fish to fry" seems all to relevant here.  A subject as ridiculous as hot dogs should never make its way to upper management to begin with.

At last count by Forbes, it was actually worth $1.75 billion.  Even more reason that he should not have time to concern himself with hot dogs.  Like many other Mike Brown stories, it just goes to show how petty he is.
(11-21-2016, 05:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: That isn't how any food establishment really works. Some will provide a bit of a stipend but they don't let their employees start making policy for who they give free food to. It isn't unique to Mike Brown, and as I said, not relevant to anything on the field other than an emotional knee jerk to just look for things to hate. I mean look how much play an unsubstantiated third person story is getting.

Hate Mike Brown for not firing Marvin, or for letting Hue leave, but this seems like knit picking.

Mike Brown is not running a food establishment.  He is not a local McDonald's franchisee, he owns a multi billion sports franchise.  One that is failing miserably on the field at the current time.  His mind should be on things much larger than a pack of hot dogs... should someone in the organization have dealt with it?  Probably so, but it certainly should not be the owner.  As I said above, it just goes to show how ultimately petty the man is.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:43 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote:  
At last count by Forbes, it was actually worth $1.75 billion.  Even more reason that he should not have time to concern himself with hot dogs.  Like many other Mike Brown stories, it just goes to show how petty he is.

It's a Bengal tradition to get worked up over hot dogs.

Sometimes a wiener is just a wiener...

[Image: 2881-PalmerDog2_hed.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If you think the Mikey story is bad about 300 families were put out on the street when Jerry Jones moved over to Arlington and those people were given almost no notice. I knew a bunch of them and even hired a few when I was hauling scrap metal for a living in the area. I lived in a motel about a mile down the road right behind the stadium where the Rangers play. That motel at the time was a real dump and about 70% of the rooms were vacant. Soon as those poor folks were booted out that same motel couldn't find enough rooms fast enough. Most of their belongings went straight to dumpsters and most of those people were never allowed back in to retrieve their stuff. Big fences went up and a day or so later everything was leveled to make parking spaces over a mile from the stadium.   To my knowledge the Bengals didn't displace anyone from their homes ,but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it happened . You own an NFL franchise there's probably nothing that wouldn't stop the wrecking ball to build a stadium or the parking lots including women and children . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's a Bengal tradition to get worked up over hot dogs.

Sometimes a wiener is just a wiener...

[Image: 2881-PalmerDog2_hed.jpg]

This was Carson's protest, his confession.. and it went over all of our heads.

He quit over wiener policy. 

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The bothersome part is the fact that Mike Brown would even be aware of the "theft" of 15 hot dogs.  I get what you're saying, and completely understand that someone in the organization would bring it up to the vendor, "we became aware of this, please don't let it happen again".  For this to go all the way to Mike Brown though?  The guy runs an almost $2 billion company, one that is failing miserably this year, and he is concerned with $7-8 worth of hot dogs?

I would like to think that the General Manager of the team, and CEO of the organization, would have higher priorities and better things to occupy his time.

But the loss of revenue from the contraband dogs ensures the Lumina can't get the economy oil change at Jiffy Lube  Ninja
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Great! now that is 15 less hot dogs for leverage to try to entice a new coach or FA to come here. Brown you freaking little prick ass scrooge, thousands of people in Cincy on the streets or just down on their luck not knowing where or how they will get their next meal. Stop throwing shit away like you do with this franchise and help people. D.I.C.K................
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to eviscerate someone for a story that hasn't been proven to be true. If he keeps this same coaching staff next year, that's going to be what makes me mad. That's provable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They're not a food establish, they're a billion dollar business who makes 75% of their money in media contracts.

Even if you want to make the argument that it's a protocol issue, it's still one that should never reach Mike Brown. Let the vendor and appropriate supervisor concern themselves with the issue.  Mike Brown should focusing his attention on all sorts of important things.  Missing hot dogs isn't one of them.

To your point, missing field goals is.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: "Numerous things that go on such as the way Houston interacts with my family; we're treated in a first-class way," Joseph said. "They helped us when my wife lost our baby daughter in a miscarriage. But they help with anything you ask of them because they are a very caring organization with positive attitudes about its players. In Cincy, we're told how much Gatorade we could take home. In Houston, we get what we request. You get soap and deodorant at your request. You don't have a roommate on road trips."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a8fe64/article/johnathan-joseph-texans-are-a-firstclass-franchise?module=HP11_headline_stack

Tell it to Devon Still......
Reply/Quote
Anybody that really believes this hot dog story, or that Mike Brown would waster five minutes talking about 15 hotdogs..... I've got this bridge for sale....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody that really believes this hot dog story, or that Mike Brown would waster five minutes talking about 15 hotdogs..... I've got this bridge for sale....

X2

If there was an issue about 15 hot dogs it would have been addressed by someone in the concessions department.  I guarantee Mike Brown did not devote any meeting time to it.

People around here just believe anything negative posted about Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My friend says that EVERYTHING in that organization is accounted for, EVERYTHING. 

Perfect example of the Bengals front office famous level of accountability. :andy:
Reply/Quote