Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown missed playoff win
Mike had COVID and was unable to see the most consequential game of his ownership in person. He’s really old so I am glad he is doing ok now. However, not that I am a superstitious person(the power is in the socks..cough cough) but maybe he should stay in Cincinnati this weekend just in case

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This was never confirmed
Reply/Quote
Dang that's really sad. Some of my first post game thoughts were of him and what it must mean to him after all these years. Hopefully he's around for a few more successful runs!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This was never confirmed

According to Paul Daugherty of the Enquirer

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:51 PM)pally Wrote: According to Paul Daugherty of the Enquirer

Yes but I never confirmed this
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yes but I never confirmed this

Fair enough.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Didn't Hobson write an article saying this 5 days ago on Bengals.com ?

No big deal but just thought this was confirmed.

Know Hobson spins a lot of things but certainly he would not spin this sort of thing, especially being a company man.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not now mike not like this, absolutely wrong time. Redeem yourself first!
Reply/Quote
Oh and I am superstitious and not attending game this year to do my part, and I love Nashville.

But as said before I bought season tickets right after Bengals last playoff win and had them for 30 years without any playoff success.

Had some great seasons though, but anyway when I sold them this year decided to not attend for 1 whole year to try and help out lol.

So far it has worked and not chancing it now and showing my face in Nashville. Yet suspect MB will be present but that did not hurt us against the Chiefs so just thinking its me lol.

Yet after attending over 300 NFL games its not too bad watching on TV at my age now, yet miss my seats.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yes but I never confirmed this

LOL it was also on WLW this morning.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So it was never a Bo Jackson curse, it was a Son of Paul curse?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Get Well Mike Brown theres more games to watch this season still... And Hopefully your presence will be required.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Didn't Hobson write an article saying this 5 days ago on Bengals.com ?

No big deal but just thought this was confirmed.

Know Hobson spins a lot of things but certainly he would not spin this sort of thing, especially being a company man.

You can just shorten it up like most of us and call him Hobspin.
Reply/Quote
Wow. That’s a bummer. I can’t imagine he has missed many games
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow. That’s a bummer. I can’t imagine he has missed many games

He hasn't.  He missed his first regular-season game in franchise history last season because of COVID restrictions so he didn't travel to Cleveland. The only other game he missed was a preseason game, the week his Dad died. Pretty remarkable record

Reply/Quote
Disappointing that he wasn't in the locker room post game for that celebration but that explains why. Must have been gut wrenching for him to miss it.
Reply/Quote
Damn shame that we finally get him his playoff win and he couldn't even be there for it.

Get better Big Mike! Thanks for keeping the Bengals in Cincinnati!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will just have to get him another win tomorrow.

Problem solved.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well he is there in Nashville this week, so if we lose we all know who to blame.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:32 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Disappointing that he wasn't in the locker room post game for that celebration but that explains why. Must have been gut wrenching for him to miss it.

I’ve been pretty rough on him over the years, but this sucks. Hope he makes it to Nashville…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote