Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown nearly brought to tears
They said Mike Brown was so happy he was nearly brought to tears after we kicked the game winning field goal.

I'm not gonna lie I was right there with him ( but it may or may not have been due to watching that insanity at the end of the game). So that being said I really didn't think much of this when I read that about Mike Brown.

But in what might be a very real window to win a superbowl in my opinion. With a crucial offseason to build the Oline and add pieces and depth to the defense. Mike Brown might be seeing the fruits of the free agency spending and be ready to open the checkbook. To not only retain our own guys but to add that crucial piece or two so that we can fill the rest in the draft.

I know we have the playoffs and I'm not trying to write us off this year and I'm certainly going to enjoy the ride. But things are looking very good going forward. I also know that it looks like with Burrow and Chase the window could be open awhile but I would love to make a run at a superbowl with Boyd and Mixon on the squad also I think the core of the defense is there and that doesn't always happen no matter how much free agency spending.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They said Mike Brown was so happy he was nearly brought to tears after we kicked the game winning field goal.

I'm not gonna lie I was right there with him ( but it may or may not have been due to watching that insanity at the end of the game). So that being said I really didn't think much of this when I read that about Mike Brown.

But in what might be a very real window to win a superbowl in my opinion. With a crucial offseason to build the Oline and add pieces and depth to the defense. Mike Brown might be seeing the fruits of the free agency spending and be ready to open the checkbook. To not only retain our own guys but to add that crucial piece or two so that we can fill the rest in the draft.

I know we have the playoffs and I'm not trying to write us off this year and I'm certainly going to enjoy the ride. But things are looking very good going forward. I also know that it looks like with Burrow and Chase the window could be open awhile but I would love to make a run at a superbowl with Boyd and Mixon on the squad also I think the core of the defense is there and that doesn't always happen no matter how much free agency spending.
The most impressive thing about our current roster is that we enter 2022 with the 5th most cap space in the NFL.

Matter of fact: Of the top dozen in cap space entering 2022; Cincy is the only one that has locked up a playoff spot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The most impressive thing about our current roster is that we enter 2022 with the 5th most cap space in the NFL.

Matter of fact: Of the top dozen in cap space entering 2022; Cincy is the only one that has locked up a playoff spot

Gotta love that !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want to see Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to Mike Brown. I want to see Mike look at the trophy, point heavenward, and say, “This is because of you, Dad!”
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to see Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to Mike Brown. I want to see Mike look at the trophy, point heavenward, and say, “This is because of you, Dad!”

With Joe Burrow doin' that finger pistols dance of his in the background.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:06 AM)jason Wrote: With Joe Burrow doin' that finger pistols dance of his in the background.

Kay Adams said she would dance the Griddy with him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let’s win the Super Bowl this year. Then get Mike to keep that wallet open this offseason to improve on the SB champs. And watch some talented players want to play for Cincy so bad they’ll take less money to play with Burrow like they do with Brady. Then we win all the Super Bowlz! I can dream.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:10 AM)pally Wrote: Kay Adams said she would dance the Griddy with him

In my head I think I dance like Ja'Marr Chase, but in actuality it's much closer to Joe's finger pistols.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:13 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let’s win the Super Bowl this year. Then get Mike to keep that wallet open this offseason to improve on the SB champs. And watch some talented players want to play for Cincy so bad they’ll take less money to play with Burrow like they do with Brady. Then we win all the Super Bowlz! I can dream.

Guys like Mike Hilton and Hendrickson have already said they came here to play because of him, and the up and coming feel to it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:10 AM)pally Wrote: Kay Adams said she would dance the Griddy with him

I got on YouTube and watched a tutorial on The Griddy. Ten minutes of trying and all I have to show for it are calf cramps...
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown was nearly in tears but what happened just moments before tells the tale. Right before the Bengals kicked the emotional game winning field goal to give them the AFC North title, a marketing employee whispered in Mike's ear, "We win this game Mike the sales and revenue you will get with Run the North T-Shirt and caps merchandise will be astronomical"

Mike watched the kick and win and smiled and a tear ran down his cheek, followed by the sentence "Run the presses and get that merchandise rolling"

Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to see Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to Mike Brown.  I want to see Mike look at the trophy, point heavenward, and say, “This is because of you, Dad!”

Wouldn't mind seeing Mikey give Goodell the two finger salute and Stone Cold Stunner his xss, but that may just be me.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Gotta love that !

Plus, we could create more (if we choose) if we waive Waynes ($11 million), XSF ($3 mil), or even Hopkins ($6 mil). That is $14-$20 mil. Could sign an AWFULLY good o-lineman for that.  Maybe two. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:30 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Plus, we could create more (if we choose) if we waive Waynes ($11 million), XSF ($3 mil), or even Hopkins ($6 mil). That is $14-$20 mil. Could sign an AWFULLY good o-lineman for that.  Maybe two. 

absolutely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:06 AM)jason Wrote: With Joe Burrow doin' that finger pistols dance of his in the background.

I'd rather see Mikey shove a Terrible Pissrag in Roger's face as he literally snatches the Lombardi from that biased ****sucker. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They said Mike Brown was so happy he was nearly brought to tears after we kicked the game winning field goal.

I hope so because Burrow can't continue to take the number of hits he's taken this year.

I think even MB can see he has all the pieces except for the OL so time to go after it aggressively in the offseason.  MB loves his QB's and he knows he's one play away from it being over, and at his age I truly believe he wants to hoist that Lombardi before checking out.  Time is now.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:28 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I got on YouTube and watched a tutorial on The Griddy.  Ten minutes of trying and all I have to show for it are calf cramps...

Well, you've still got a little less than two weeks to work on your playoff edition Griddy.  Remember: No pain, no gain.

Me, I'll stick with this Gritty.

[Image: b9cfd42c-e48c-4509-8748-5ccee58c321d-AP1...&auto=webp]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Smoking a cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:30 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Plus, we could create more (if we choose) if we waive Waynes ($11 million), XSF ($3 mil), or even Hopkins ($6 mil). That is $14-$20 mil. Could sign an AWFULLY good o-lineman for that.  Maybe two. 

Who is he again ?
Reply/Quote