Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Brown should get rid of the post game who dey chant
(10-25-2021, 01:36 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Just imagine 126 year old Mike Brown rolling up to 5-2 head coach Zac Taylor in his trusty practice cart and saying “when we win, I no longer want to see the team chanting Who Dey.”

Create that scene inside your head and tell me it doesn’t seem absolutely ridiculous.

I just can't comprehend that.

WHO DEY 'til the last DEY!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Anyone that has ever watched JB lead The Who Dey chant would have to be dead inside to want it removed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yawn

Poor troll is running out of material as the Bengals improve.

But, yeah, lets suggest the Bengals do away with tradition just because Frank Booth made up some opinion in his head about what the players think.

I believe I was the one who correctly pointed out earlier in the season that the Bengals run game had a troubling time on 3rd and short before anyone else noticed it

so no, not a troll
Reply/Quote
I'd understand this post if the players looked annoyed doing the chant. They've looked enthusiastic about everything they do, including the chants I've seen. Like Wyche said, the Saints have Who-Dat which is just as old, and they have a bigger losing history than we do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nope.

Reply/Quote
Man, this is a bad one.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I believe I was the one who correctly pointed out earlier in the season that the Bengals run game had a troubling time on 3rd and short before anyone else noticed it

so no, not a troll

First of all that has nothing to do with being a troll.  When you say EVERYTHING is wrong with a team you are eventually going to be right about something

Second of all I don't think that is even true.  The Mixon haters have been saying for a long time that we can't convert short yardage situations.  When exactly do you claim you made this comment?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all that has nothing to do with being a troll.  When you say EVERYTHING is wrong with a team you are eventually going to be right about something

Second of all I don't think that is even true.  The Mixon haters have been saying for a long time that we can't convert short yardage situations.  When exactly do you claim you made this comment?

week 1 gameday thread. The running game averaged 4 yards a carry, and it still felt almost ineffective because they couldnt convert the 3rd and short stuff
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Idk, it looked to me like most of the players do it because they have to. I truly think only a couple of the players enjoy it

Plus, I know it’s from the 80’s, but it’s also associated with bengals history. And I don’t want old bengals stink on this team. Specifically the Marvin Lewis era

I don’t know. This is a new team here, and I think they should just retire it from the post game stuff.

Let it be a fan thing/home stadium chant for the fans

Get da F outta here with that..... 
Reply/Quote
I must admit that I feel like I’m in a cult when my coworkers say who dey instead of good morning.
Reply/Quote
Yes the chant is old and somewhat corny but that's what makes it too cool.

And agree with Shake that if the players did not look all in and happy while chanting,  it would be time to 86 it.

Plus my Who-Dey forehead tattoo would be out of style if we nixed it.

Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey    

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good thread
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:58 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I must admit that I feel like I’m in a cult when my coworkers say who dey instead of good morning.

Did you forget to remove your face paint again?

[Image: th?id=OIP.NayohVj7qoVxo3HHjYgAiQHaJ-&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why don't we get rid of the Bengals fight song that is played after touchdowns too? After all, it sounds old, collegiate and corny. And I love it. Especially the way they sing it at Louisville's Bengals bar with the "F" Pittsburgh at the end......
Reply/Quote
This has got to be one of the most tone-deaf/bad-at-reading-the-room/unwanted threads in the history of the boards.

If at least it was presented as a hypothetical, "should we do away with it? Because it's a new team and all?" then maybe, buut being presented as a call to action is just a massive SMH.

You don't have to keep all traditions going, but some are just too deep and meaningful.

Gotta have it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote