Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mike Brown split screened on TV with another Owner at a Superbowl-we can only imagine
A Super bowl Week with the Mike Brown led Bengals as one of the participants may have to be left to our imaginations as to what it would be like.

The week plus long lead up of Media attention, rehashing Bengal History, Marvin & Mike's history together being rehashed by the Media, how close we came twice to winning in the 80's, Joe Montana, Paul Brown's legacy getting spotlighted and the no Playoff wins for Marvin slogan being obliterated by the Playoff wins that got them there.

Game day we see Mike Brown in his box being split screened with the other Owner in his box before and during the Super Bowl game. Maybe Katie, her husband and other members of Mike's extended family in attendance. On the World Stage and under a Spotlight just like we saw Robert Kraft and Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie last night.

A Marvin coaching decision or big play by Dalton or an INT by Jackson III or forced fumble by Carl Lawson ices the game in the waning moments for the Bengals.

The Red Light of the camera turns on for the camera pointing at Mike Brown in his box as he nervously jumps up and into Katie's arms as that last play goes his way. Then the replay showing how crushed the other Owner was on that same play.

Mike heads down to accept the Trophy as ticker tape sticks to his head and brown suit.

He gets his 30 or so seconds to speak to the crowd and Bengal fans being totally exonerated.

His way worked and 31 other teams and GM's have been vanquished by Mike and Marvin.

This would be the Pinnacle of what Bengal fans hope for coming to pass as the World watches.

Unfortunately this dream scenario may only be able to live in our imaginations. Have to struggle and stretch the mind to even picture it.

Seems impossible to many and I wonder if to Mike himself.

Would be off the charts amazing if it happened though.

Off the charts.

Reply/Quote
It would be the pinnacle for sure if the Bengals won it.

Would be too busy screaming and running naked in the streets to hear what MB had to say though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: image.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It would be the pinnacle for sure if the Bengals won it.

Would be too busy screaming and running naked in the streets to hear what MB had to say though.

It could lead one to climb a light pole if one was so inclined.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It would be the pinnacle for sure if the Bengals won it.

Where do you live? I don't want to be anywhere around for that..... Hilarious
Ah hell, who am I kidding, I'd join ya!!
Reply/Quote
He’d be napping.
Reply/Quote
I was going to say something about dreaming but i see OP covered that at the end.

Then i thought about it a little more.

That scenario would be a miracle on par with the return of Jesus Christ.

Reply/Quote
wouldn't be a miracle just takes a good healthy season and cohesion from the team..

we have been to a superbowl before we will get back again. Every year you don't win the SB is a bad year right? every season 31 teams have a bad year and only 1 has a great one
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:44 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He’d be napping.

Would be a disaster for Mike if the Super Bowl he won was in Cincinnati and his reliable old Car got turned over by excited Cincinnati fans.  Tongue
Reply/Quote

Yep, I'd likely be calling sick for at least a day, maybe two.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I'd likely be calling sick for at least a day, maybe two.

I'd be calling in drunk

But I'd be willing to bet a very large amount of money, that is if I had a very large amount of money, that Mike Brown will never be split screened with another owner at a Super Bowl. Unless he's a guest of the actual owner of whatever other team.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be calling in drunk

But I'd be willing to bet a very large amount of money, that is if I had a very large amount of money, that Mike Brown will never be split screened with another owner at a Super Bowl. Unless he's a guest of the actual owner of whatever other team.

I don't know man.  I think that we were much closer than many are willing to admit, back in 2015.  I hate to keep playing "what if..", but had Andy not went down, Bengals may have achieved home field advantage...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be calling in drunk

You make it sound so dirty..... Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I'd likely be calling sick for at least a day, maybe two.

Yeah, I almost cringe to think about what I would do.  

When I was in my early twenties, I used to go to Mardi Gras every year and drink/do other irresponsible stuff for 3-5 days straight depending on how much time and money I had on hand at the moment.  No letting up, just straight drunken insanity for days on end.

That's how I envision it going down, if it ever does.  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know man.  I think that we were much closer than many are willing to admit, back in 2015.  I hate to keep playing "what if..", but had Andy not went down, Bengals may have achieved home field advantage...

You got that right. I don't think I even watched another playoff game after that or the SB that year.. I lost my taste for it after that meltdown.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think we are that far away, with the coaching changes and the correct draft and a couple of quality free agents and I think we will be right in the mix.
If the eagles can do it, so can we
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 08:28 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I honestly don't think we are that far away, with the coaching changes and the correct draft and a couple of quality free agents and I think we will be right in the mix.
If the eagles can do it, so can we

While I really want to believe in that statement, what you witnessed last night was a display of coaching not seen in Bengal land since the days of Sam Wyche.

In order for the Bengals to get there, and win, it will take not only all of the new assistants doing their best job ever, but the perfect execution on the part of the players, as well as Marvin Lewis' best coached game ever.  

I dunno, maybe someone cuts the cord from Marvin's headset?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rep to you, OP. Loved the confetti, and brown suit observation Hahaha!

I just envision him always looking like the president of the Sandy Hook Elks Club.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: It could lead one to climb a light pole if one was so inclined.  Tongue

Is that what they call it these days? Pervert
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 04:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would be a disaster for Mike if the Super Bowl he won was in Cincinnati and his reliable old Car got turned over by excited Cincinnati fans.  Tongue

There’s no way his car is reliable. It lets him down over and over again at the most important times and he’s too scared to replace it. It’s been so just there for so long.
Reply/Quote