Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zimmer Won Play-Off Game Before Bengals
When Jay Gruden and Zimmer moved on to Head Coaching jobs, someone posted a thread who would win a Play-Off Game first of them or Bengals. The thread may very well have been on mothership site on Bengals.com Jungle Noise that was shut down. We can now see it was Coach Zimmer who got there first by rebuilding the Vikings until they beat Saints in New Orleans in Play-Offs. When Zimmer took over the Vikings were not close to such a thing. He once coached under Bill Parcels and he has been a good coach at Dallas, Cincinnati and Minnesota. As Forrest Gregg brought some Vince Lombardi to Bengals, Zimmer brought some Bill Parcels to Bengals and now Vikings.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Zimmer accomplished that during the 2017 season when the Vikings beat the Saints in the divisional playoff. Then beating the same team this season in the playoffs. I think Zimmer is a good head coach. I wish the Bengals would have made him head coach instead of letting him go to the Vikings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Will always root for Zim to have a great and rewarding career. He is a good coach and happy for his playoff win. Although I doubt they get past the 49ers this weekend, it will be great if they do and I don't put it past them to make the SB if they can win in SF - as my SB predictions are 49er's and Ravens.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will always root for Zim to have a great and rewarding career. He is a good coach and happy for his playoff win. Although I doubt they get past the 49ers this weekend, it will be great if they do and I don't put it past them to make the SB if they can win in SF - as my SB predictions are 49er's and Ravens.

If Mahomes, Hill, Kelce are healthy, beware Coach Reid and THE CHEIFS. 

Zimmer made The Vikings Defense PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS again. From there 1960's and 1970's era.  Everybody on FOX had Saints winning by a lot of points. They didn't factor in Zimmer on Defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah, Zimmer accomplished that during the 2017 season when the Vikings beat the Saints in the divisional playoff.  Then beating the same team this season in the playoffs.  I think Zimmer is a good head coach.  I wish the Bengals would have made him head coach instead of letting him go to the Vikings.

At the time the Tree Sloth did want to get rid of the playoff loser hand clapper and hire someone who actually stood for accountability. That would put to much strain on the fat old man. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Good for him! I wish he was our HC. The defense was ready to chew through the bench for him. Imagine the entire team was motivated like that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 07:20 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Good for him! I wish he was our HC. The defense was ready to chew through the bench for him. Imagine the entire team was motivated like that.

Are you insinuating the Vikings defense would eat ass for Zim? That's disgusting!

Reply/Quote
LOL at the avatar HarleyDog
Reply/Quote
I can't say I'm surprised at the thread title. Zimmer can coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will always root for Zim to have a great and rewarding career. He is a good coach and happy for his playoff win. Although I doubt they get past the 49ers this weekend, it will be great if they do and I don't put it past them to make the SB if they can win in SF - as my SB predictions are 49er's and Ravens.

Zim and that Defense will have to play great once again against the 49ers if they want to pull off another win.

That Shanahan is a great offensive mind, but hey, didn't expect the Vikes to play THAT well against the Saints either.

Congrats to Zim and the Vikes moving on, hope they go all the way to the Supe and win the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:12 PM)kevin Wrote: When Jay Gruden and Zimmer moved on to Head Coaching jobs, someone posted a thread who would win a Play-Off Game first of them or Bengals.  The thread may very well have been on mothership site on Bengals.com Jungle Noise that was shut down.  We can now see it was Coach Zimmer who got there first by rebuilding the Vikings until they beat Saints in New Orleans in Play-Offs.   When Zimmer took over the Vikings were not close to such a thing. He once coached under Bill Parcels and he has been a good coach at Dallas, Cincinnati and Minnesota.  As Forrest Gregg brought some Vince Lombardi to Bengals, Zimmer brought some Bill Parcels to Bengals and now Vikings.

What are you talking about?  He took over a team that was in the postseason two years prior and the conference championship a couple of years earlier.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What are you talking about?  He took over a team that was in the postseason two years prior and the conference championship a couple of years earlier.

Before Zimmer the Vikings started 1-7 and finished last at 5 wins. Enter Zimmer. I could say the Bengals use to be a good team, that doesn't mean they have been lately. Zimmer took over a last place team. Vikings Fans and Players give Zimmer credit for the rebuild he did in Minnesota, as do some Bengals Fans on here, Why Can't You ???

Fact remains he did rebuild the last place Vikings into a Play-Off Game winner before Bengals have. Again, that was a question when Zimmer and Gruden left Bengals, which of the 3 would win a Play-Off Fame First ? The Answer is Zimmer.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What are you talking about?  He took over a team that was in the postseason two years prior and the conference championship a couple of years earlier.

The Vikings This Decade
2010: 6-10
2011: 3-13
2012: 10-6 (0-1 postseason)
2013: 5-10-1
ZIMMER ARRIVES
2014: 7-9
2015: 11-5 (0-1 postseason), Division Champ
2016: 8-8
2017: 13-3 (1-1 postseason), Division Champ
2018: 8-7-1
2019: 10-6 (1-0 postseason so far)

Before he arrived... 1/4 winning seasons, 3/4 losing seasons, 0 postseason wins, 0 division titles. 24-39-1 regular season record.
After he arrived... 4/6 winning seasons, 1/6 losing seasons, 2 postseason wins so far, 2 division titles. 57-38-1 regular season record.
That's a big difference. Also worth noting....

Vikings Defense This Decade
2010: 18th scoring defense
2011: 31st scoring defense
2012: 14th scoring defense
2013: 32nd scoring defense
ZIMMER ARRIVES
2014: 11th scoring defense
2015: 5th scoring defense
2016: 6th scoring defense
2017: 1st scoring defense
2018: 9th scoring defense
2019: 5th scoring defense

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Vikings have historically choked in the playoffs & Super Bowls. Just never committed to win it all, would be nice to see someone else finally win it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:33 PM)kevin Wrote: If Mahomes, Hill, Kelce are healthy, beware Coach Reid and THE CHEIFS. 

Zimmer made The Vikings Defense PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS again. From there 1960's and 1970's era.   Everybody on FOX had Saints winning by a lot of points.  They didn't factor in Zimmer on Defense.

It's THE CHEFS
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 06:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Vikings This Decade
2010: 6-10
2011: 3-13
2012: 10-6 (0-1 postseason)
2013: 5-10-1
ZIMMER ARRIVES
2014: 7-9
2015: 11-5 (0-1 postseason), Division Champ
2016: 8-8
2017: 13-3 (1-1 postseason), Division Champ
2018: 8-7-1
2019: 10-6 (1-0 postseason so far)

Before he arrived... 1/4 winning seasons, 3/4 losing seasons, 0 postseason wins, 0 division titles. 24-39-1 regular season record.
After he arrived... 4/6 winning seasons, 1/6 losing seasons, 2 postseason wins so far, 2 division titles. 57-38-1 regular season record.
That's a big difference. Also worth noting....

Vikings Defense This Decade
2010: 18th scoring defense
2011: 31st scoring defense
2012: 14th scoring defense
2013: 32nd scoring defense
ZIMMER ARRIVES
2014: 11th scoring defense
2015: 5th scoring defense
2016: 6th scoring defense
2017: 1st scoring defense
2018: 9th scoring defense
2019: 5th scoring defense

Pretty drastic change from before no question, in a good way.

This makes it even more obvious we should of gave Zim the Head Coaching job here before he headed to Minny.

Big time mistake once again from this FO. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:40 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Vikings have historically choked in the playoffs & Super Bowls.  Just never committed to win it all, would be nice to see someone else finally win it.
idk if some franchise is gonna get its first suberbowl win i perfer it be us next. lol  (i dont it to be us last)
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:33 PM)kevin Wrote: If Mahomes, Hill, Kelce are healthy, beware Coach Reid and THE CHEIFS. 

Zimmer made The Vikings Defense PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS again. From there 1960's and 1970's era.  Everybody on FOX had Saints winning by a lot of points. They didn't factor in Zimmer on Defense.

Kyle Rudolph's push off didn't hurt either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shocker, a team hired a good coach that we shoulda had and hes been successful. Meanwhile Zac will be fired and Marvin will be back with Hue
Reply/Quote