Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gotta give Andy props
First I want to make it clear than I am not a Dalton fan as a player but I am as a person. He really is a good guy, just time to move on from Andy the player. I wanted us to clinch the 1st pick today but with the way Andy, Boyd, Eifert and others stepped up in the fourth you have to respect that. We were getting our butts handed to us by a depleted Miami team who may be worse than us. But these guys didn’t hang their heads and quit. So thanks Andy for your time hear and continuing to fight. At least you played cough Green cough.

With that said, I’m glad we have the first pick, just hope we don’t screw it up. I’m not loving the QB class Burrow included. So I won’t be mad if we drop a couple spots for more picks and get the OT. I would prefer to fix the line first anyway. If we get a QB, fine but I would prefer a beefed up line and a LB that’s worth a damn.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I want to make it clear than I am not a Dalton fan as a player but I am as a person. He really is a good guy, just time to move on from Andy the player. I wanted us to clinch the 1st pick today but with the way Andy, Boyd, Eifert and others stepped up in the fourth you have to respect that. We were getting our butts handed to us by a depleted Miami team who may be worse than us. But these guys didn’t hang their heads and quit. So thanks Andy for your time hear and continuing to fight. At least you played cough Green cough.

With that said, I’m glad we have the first pick, just hope we don’t screw it up. I’m not loving the QB class Burrow included. So I won’t be mad if we drop a couple spots for more picks and get the OT. I would prefer to fix the line first anyway. If we get a QB, fine but I would prefer a beefed up line and a LB that’s worth a damn.

Burrows does worry me with lack of success except for this year but I understand if they draft him.. at same time I agree he is not the only way we rebuild this team with the 1st pick.. if someone wants to unload picks to us for either Burrow or Young so be it.. The one good thing the Bengals front office does is keep it close to the vest.. that will increase speculation maybe we are going for Young instead of Burrows and might increase trade down interest...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been as critical of Andy's play as anyone, but I will say He wen't down swinging.

It will be fitting if next week's game against Cleveland is his Bengal Swan Song it will be fitting, as that is who he began the journey against.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I want to make it clear than I am not a Dalton fan as a player but I am as a person. He really is a good guy, just time to move on from Andy the player. I wanted us to clinch the 1st pick today but with the way Andy, Boyd, Eifert and others stepped up in the fourth you have to respect that. We were getting our butts handed to us by a depleted Miami team who may be worse than us. But these guys didn’t hang their heads and quit. So thanks Andy for your time hear and continuing to fight. At least you played cough Green cough.

Agree 100 percent. Now that we've locked up the number 1 pick, nothing would make me happier than to plant that little puke behind center for the Stains into the PBS turf, and send the Brownies home with an embarrassing L.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree 100 percent. Now that we've locked up the number 1 pick, nothing would make me happier than to plant that little puke behind center for the Stains into the PBS turf, and send the Brownies home with an embarrassing L.

He will probably play lights out next week trying to prove he’s got what it takes to win so he can get a job somewhere next year. Beating the Browns next week would be a win-win for all of us.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree 100 percent. Now that we've locked up the number 1 pick, nothing would make me happier than to plant that little puke behind center for the Stains into the PBS turf, and send the Brownies home with an embarrassing L.

Yes indeed.  I'm no fan of Baker Mayfield and to see him tossed around would make me happy. 

(12-23-2019, 12:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He will probably play lights out next week trying to prove he’s got what it takes to win so he can get a job somewhere next year. Beating the Browns next week would be a win-win for all of us.

Agree 100%.  I hope Andy Dalton's last game as a Bengal features him throwing for well over 400 yards for at least five touchdowns, no interceptions, and a perfect quarterback rating. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Agree 100%.  I hope Andy Dalton's last game as a Bengal features him throwing for well over 400 yards for at least five touchdowns, no interceptions, and a perfect quarterback rating. 

Easy there FIK, if he has numbers like that, this team will keep him and sign him to a huge contract.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Easy there FIK, if he has numbers like that, this team will keep him and sign him to a huge contract.

1 game winning streak = status quo
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Easy there FIK, if he has numbers like that, this team will keep him and sign him to a huge contract.

nah he still has another year under contract
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is in agreement, time for AD to be traded this offseason.

It amazes me how some choose to trash him knowing he is leaving with Bengals records, would have them all if he stayed one more year as a starter (stats, not playoff wins).

Be classy Bengals fans, AD never quit and is not near as bad as some have said.

Wish him well.

I hope he lands on a team like Whittworth and excels and gets that playoff win and more.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 01:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think everyone is in agreement, time for AD to be traded this offseason.

It amazes me how some choose to trash him knowing he is leaving with Bengals records, would have them all if he stayed one more year as a starter (stats, not playoff wins).

Be classy Bengals fans, AD never quit and is not near as bad as some have said.

Wish him well.

I hope he lands on a team like Whittworth and excels and gets that playoff win and more.

My prediction is backup for the Texans and makes some noise with a Deshaun Watson injury.
Reply/Quote
Andy has been a solid player and one of the best human beings in Bengal history.

The Family did not provide him with the best coaching or personnel which has led to this season.

The Family is not willing to change their patterns of conduct or do what is needed to compete for a Super Bowl.

It is a shame that the Bengals have not been owned by the Rooney family instead of the Brown family. Literally everything would be different.

I would love to see Andy and or AJ go to another team and win a Super Bowl.

God bless both of these fine young men and best wishes to them.

So sorry for Burrows having to walk into this hot mess.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've been as critical of Andy's play as anyone, but I will say He wen't down swinging.

It will be fitting if next week's game against Cleveland is his Bengal Swan Song it will be fitting, as that is who he began the journey against.

He is going to curb-stomp the Browns next week...if nothing else, take the over.  Although weather could play a part.  I hope the weather holds out and Andy goes out on a high note.  
Reply/Quote
Andy played good against a 3 win team nothing more and against a career back up QB. In the second half of the game in the first half he put up 3 points in typical Andy fashion.

As a person yeah he is a decent guy when he is not calling out the fans. In Andy's defense he learned it from his coach ZT that called out the WR last week.
Reply/Quote
For all of those that want Andy out of here, apparently PAT fans want Andy Dalton to help bridge the gap between Brady and the next PATS franchise QB if Brady does not resign. And many PAT fans blame bad Andy play on scheme and coaching.

Just like I keep reading that ML is a great coach and M. Brown was the reason he could never get over the hump.

I hope Andy lands some place where he can start and get a play off win; he will probably get his first play off win before the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote