Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Clay's NFL Roster Grades
ESPN Analyst Mike Clay broke down every position group across the league. Here is the main spreadsheet but there are separate ones for Offense and Defense on his Twitter.

As for how I feel about the ratings he's a little high on the Bengals IDL but low on the Edges but all in all not to bad.

Edit: Mike Clay also has a easy to peruse Free Agency list pinned.
Double Edit: Yes it took me more than one try to spell Peruse.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hargraves was a huge part of that eagles idk, he makes the Niners d that much scarier
Reply/Quote
Love it and love how all four AFCN teams are in the top half of the league.

Unfortunate that it's so tough in the division but I actually love that we play in such a tough decision because I love good football and it makes us earn the division title while also preparing and strengthening us for good teams in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: ESPN Analyst Mike Clay broke down every position group across the league. Here is the main spreadsheet but there are separate ones for Offense and Defense on his Twitter.

As for how I feel about the ratings he's a little high on the Bengals IDL but low on the Edges but all in all not to bad.

Edit: Mike Clay also has a easy to peruse Free Agency list pinned.
Double Edit: Yes it took me more than one try to spell Peruse.
Agree, slightly high at IDL, but Reader is a beast 
Burrow is slighted at 3.8 and should be at least a 3.95 imho
Would give the OL a 2.65 and could be in the 3's if Carman pans out or a good draft pick is added at RT.  
See he is much lower on Bengals S's than some as well, but they are all are mostly unproven, so get it. yet would at least give them a 1.2
Edge could be a little higher imo but maybe the depth is holding down his grade. Think Hubbard is so underrated by stat geeks

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It’s interesting. It’s the current rosters. It’s why we are so low @ TE & S. The Chiefs are the 7th best roster. They are low at RB,WR, & Edge. So is their coaching the difference? The Dolphins defense #1? Their defense’s rankings weren’t stellar last year. What’s changed? Cowboys #2? I guess not much of a approval at QB & Coach? Broncos OL pretty good? Perine see this chart? LA Rams dead last roster? Actually not surprised as they went all in and did win a SB but could have lost to us easily and be where the Bills are.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 01:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree, slightly high at IDL, but Reader is a beast 
Burrow is slighted at 3.8 and should be at least a 3.95 imho
Would give the OL a 2.65 and could be in the 3's if Carman pans out or a good draft pick is added at RT.  
See he is much lower on Bengals S's than some as well, but they are all are mostly unproven, so get it. yet would at least give them a 1.2
Edge could be a little higher imo but maybe the depth is holding down his grade. Think Hubbard is so underrated by stat geeks

Pretty sure that's now how his grades work. I believe he's ranked them, so the pre-determined grade that goes along with the respective rank for it. You'll note that no group has a repeated grade, and there's no .05s. There also seems to be a couple skipped numbers in there as there's no 3.7s for example, probably to account for a 4.0 unique grading with 32 teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 01:02 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Hargraves was a huge part of that eagles idk, he makes the Niners d that much scarier

The Eagles moved up to take Jordan Davis in the 1st round last year. They are probably hoping he can step in Hargraves spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 01:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love it and love how all four AFCN teams are in the top half of the league.

Unfortunate that it's so tough in the division but I actually love that we play in such a tough decision because I love good football and it makes us earn the division title while also preparing and strengthening us for good teams in the playoffs.

Yeah, but we beat the **** out of each other. You could say we lost later in the playoffs because of how physical those two Ravens games were. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 07:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, but we beat the **** out of each other. You could say we lost later in the playoffs because of how physical those two Ravens games were. 

I agree.

It's kind of give and take in that aspect because that's the style of play in the division, especially when it gets colder.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 01:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow is slighted at 3.8 and should be at least a 3.95 imho

If they have it a "roster" instead of "starters" then it may be on point, as the ones behind Burrow are pretty much meh. I wish we could have found a good, cheap upgrade, but that those rarely coincide. 

If it is ranked on Burrow alone, they are surely slighting him.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 07:31 PM)Destro Wrote: If they have it a "roster" instead of "starters" then it may be on point, as the ones behind Burrow are pretty much meh. I wish we could have found a good, cheap upgrade, but that those rarely coincide. 

If it is ranked on Burrow alone, they are surely slighting him.

They went after Cooper Rush but he stayed with Dallas
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 07:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They went after Cooper Rush but he stayed with Dallas

If I was him, I would, too.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 08:07 PM)Destro Wrote: If I was him, I would, too.

Why?

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 08:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Why?

Dak is more likely to get hurt or be benched, IMO. Burrow isn't going anywhere. Like playing behind a Manning or Brady. He has a greater chance of playing in Dallas. Players want to play. Plus, less taxes. 

Plus, there are many in Cincy that will never allow another ginger QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 09:18 PM)Destro Wrote: Dak is more likely to get hurt or be benched, IMO. Burrow isn't going anywhere. Like playing behind a Manning or Brady. He has a greater chance of playing in Dallas. Players want to play. Plus, less taxes. 

Plus, there are many in Cincy that will never allow another ginger QB.

This and not having to move are probably the two biggest reasons.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 01:02 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Hargraves was a huge part of that eagles idk, he makes the Niners d that much scarier

Yeah...feels like the Eagles lost a lot.
Reply/Quote