Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels says he loves it in Cincy

We love you too Mike
Reply/Quote
looks like we're getting rid of the old, in with the new. We may have a very different time by 2021.. niceeeee!
Reply/Quote
Having respected vets like Daniels come out and say he loves it here only makes it easier to attract other players. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Love to hear this. We have tons of holes and we can't plan on hitting on every draft pick. We have to be able to sign some reasonably priced veteran free agents like Daniels.

Just hope he heals up and plays well enough to deserve coming back next year.
Reply/Quote
Definitely nice to hear. I was a little skeptical when Reader was making similar comments before the season even started, but maybe guys do truly like it here. Could be a sign things are actually headed in the right direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely nice to hear. I was a little skeptical when Reader was making similar comments before the season even started, but maybe guys do truly like it here. Could be a sign things are actually headed in the right direction.

I hope so. But none of that matters if we can churn out some wins. Atmosphere is great and will help when fighting for FAs but we gotta show some improvement this year. I think if we get to 6 wins, it will help our case for 2021 
Reply/Quote
That's great he likes being here. Too bad he isn't any good anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 12:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I hope so. But none of that matters if we can churn out some wins. Atmosphere is great and will help when fighting for FAs but we gotta show some improvement this year. I think if we get to 6 wins, it will help our case for 2021 

Yep.

I think it helps to have a veteran say this, but ultimately it's going to be winning that draws in the players.
But I guess you could also take the logic of, "Well, we need the players to come in so that we can win."

I don't think it helps that the defense has continued to be bad and you have a well-known disgruntled veteran in Dunlap sharing how the team (at least defensive side) operates when it comes to usage and depth chart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 12:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That's great he likes being here. Too bad he isn't any good anymore.

He's a good player, he just has injury issues.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 01:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's a good player, he just has injury issues.

True, if he can stay healthy I think he could get back to what he was when he was on the Pack.

Very cool dude and has made more plays than Geno this year even with his injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 01:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's a good player, he just has injury issues.

(11-12-2020, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, if he can stay healthy I think he could get back to what he was when he was on the Pack.

Very cool dude and has made more plays than Geno this year even with his injury.

Guys, he’s had 4 games where he played 50, 31, 48 and 57% of the defenses snaps and has a grand total of 4 tackles, that’s it, no other stats, not even a QB hit, no TFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Guys, he’s had 4 games where he played 50, 31, 48 and 57% of the defenses snaps and has a grand total of 4 tackles, that’s it, no other stats, not even a QB hit, no TFL.

I saw him make a couple of nice run stops against the Titans...

More than I can say for Geno this year.

Hopefully they both get healthy and get back to their better selves.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw him make a couple of nice run stops against the Titans...

More than I can say for Geno this year.

Hopefully they both get healthy and get back to their better selves.

What you saw is the grand total of what he has done this year. He and Geno are both washed up and neither should be on the team next season.

The DT play quality this year has been in this order:
Reader
Covington
Williams
Then everybody else. Atkins, Daniels, Brown, McKenzie, Freedom have all provided virtually nothing.
Reply/Quote
Good News.Moving toward the next generation of Bengals players.Love what they’re doing.Super bowl here we come.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 04:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What you saw is the grand total of what he has done this year. He and Geno are both washed up and neither should be on the team next season.

The DT play quality this year has been in this order:
Reader
Covington
Williams
Then everybody else. Atkins, Daniels, Brown, McKenzie, Freedom have all provided virtually nothing.

I don't know if they are both washed up or just hurt.

With AJ it seems he is washed up but I will wait and see with Geno and especially Daniels who is younger and was in great 
shape before the season. Geno looked a bit over weight when he came back which is extremely concerning to me. Geno 
could be washed up, I just don't know that yet. Definitely need to look at DT's in FA and the Draft though for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know if they are both washed up or just hurt.

With AJ it seems he is washed up but I will wait and see with Geno and especially Daniels who is younger and was in great 
shape before the season. Geno looked a bit over weight when he came back which is extremely concerning to me. Geno 
could be washed up, I just don't know that yet. Definitely need to look at DT's in FA and the Draft though for sure.

DT/DE/OT should the highest of priorities this offseason ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: TD/DE/OT should the highest of priorities this offseason ThumbsUp

Yes, I know you meant DT of course. Need to start scoring TD's lol
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I know you meant DT of course. Need to start scoring TD's lol

Ha! Fixed it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 12:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That's great he likes being here. Too bad he isn't any good anymore.

Not sure what you have been watching, but Daniels has been playing good. But I get it, he comes out and says something nice about Cincy and it doesn't fit your piss and whine narrative....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure what you have been watching, but Daniels has been playing good. But I get it, he comes out and says something nice about Cincy and it doesn't fit your piss and whine narrative....

No he hasn’t. Both the eye test, and his PFF grade (50.7) would suggest otherwise.

Reply/Quote