Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike "Doc" Emrick
If you don't think he's the best sports announcer in the history of sports and announcing you're probably wrong. I've heard 56 verbs in 13 seconds. He doesn't even have to try, it just flows out. Vin Scully is 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 10:36 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If you don't think he's the best sports announcer in the history of sports and announcing you're probably wrong. I've heard 56 verbs in 13 seconds. He doesn't even have to try, it just flows out. Vin Scully is 2nd.

Woah when did you make it over STC?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went down with the ship (playing a mere tambourine) then shot over here. I'm no tech guy and so far I'm having a shit of a time figuring out the icons in this joint.
Reply/Quote
Can't stand to listen to the guy. Not because of what he says, but because of how he sounds. Hands down he has the single most annoying, whiney, nasally voice in all of sports broadcasting. I'm completely amazed that anyone outside the man's family would ever have a good word to say about his broadcasts. If I switch on a game during the regular season and he's doing it, the channel is turned. And they give him the Stanley Cup finals every year. ***** NBC. Just looking forward to the day when he finally retires so I can wach the finals with the sound on.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Can't stand to listen to the guy.  Not because of what he says, but because of how he sounds.  Hands down he has the single most annoying, whiney, nasally voice in all of sports broadcasting.  I'm completely amazed that anyone outside the man's family would ever have a good word to say about his broadcasts.  If I switch on a game during the regular season and he's doing it, the channel is turned.  And they give him the Stanley Cup finals every year.  ***** NBC.  Just looking forward to the day when he finally retires so I can wach the finals with the sound on.

And for the complete opposite opinion let's go to Awful Llama. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 08:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: And for the complete opposite opinion let's go to Awful Llama. Tongue

No doubt ThumbsUp   Something about that guy just irks me.  He's supposedly the best, that's why he gets the plum hockey assignments.  Guess that's just on me. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bump cuz true. Freezing cold Llama takes ITT.
Reply/Quote