Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Not Livingston or Jones
Obviously it is best to get Defensive Coordinator with experience, but if we are going to hire someone else's defensive assistant to be DC, why not our own. These two put together a secondary that was ranked what, 6th or 7th, with a crummy set of linebacker in front of it? I wonder why they aren't getting any play in this discussion......
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Obviously it is best to get Defensive Coordinator with experience, but if we are going to hire someone else's defensive assistant to be DC, why not our own. These two put together a secondary that was ranked what, 6th or 7th, with a crummy set of linebacker in front of it? I wonder why they aren't getting any play in this discussion......

Interesting question.  Taylor has said he is leaning on them for defensive input at the moment.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You definitely need a strategic thinker as the DC. Someone very analytical.

My guess is that a lot of good position coaches are more tactical thinkers. Like if the receiver does this, you do this, etc. And they don't see the game in a big picture format.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You definitely need a strategic thinker as the DC. Someone very analytical.

My guess is that a lot of good position coaches are more tactical thinkers. Like if the receiver does this, you do this, etc. And they don't see the game in a big picture format.

I understand that, I'm just thinking if we are looking at position coaches from other teams, we should look at our own as well.... maybe they have, who knows...
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I understand that, I'm just thinking if we are looking at position coaches from other teams, we should look at our own as well.... maybe they have, who knows...

I would assume they did...but who knows? The longer this drags out the more likely it is.
Reply/Quote
We may have no choice soon.....

I do find it interesting that they are the only two left on that side.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: We may have no choice soon.....

I think all the quiet means we will. We hear when we're rejected.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: We may have no choice soon.....

Well, their unit was the only one on that side of the ball that was getting it done. Imagine how good they would have played with decent linebackers in front of them.....
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, their unit was the only one on that side of the ball that was getting it done. Imagine how good they would have played with decent linebackers in front of them.....

I agree.....just very raw and young coaches.  I'm a fan of both coaches.....and if it's one of them, it's one of them.  Gotta get someone in here soon and get the rest of the staff assembled.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
good question. IDK probly the same reason Pleasant wasn't installed 2 weeks ago. whatever the hell that reason is.

Zac is waiting for his Zing on the Defensive side.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You definitely need a strategic thinker as the DC. Someone very analytical.

I don't know.  It's a passing league and it would only make sense that DB coaches would be involved in game planning.  You know, how do we stop this receiver or that.  And just look at the number of DB coaches who have ended up DC's.  If I'm the DC, I absolutely want input from all the coaches on that side of the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
At this point, I'd roll with Livingston. He's viewed as an up and comer like Pleasant. He's familiar with the players already. He even started as a scout before joining the coaching staff.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote