Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Gesicki
(03-16-2023, 03:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If he can't get a contract like Hurst got he should for sure come here for his prove it deal. A good year with Burrow will send his value skyrocketing.

Too many more years of Burrow doing this for TEs is gonna make Cincy TEs get a bad name around the league.

Like yeah he had a great year but i mean he was with Burrow. A good year at TE for us is about to start at 1000 yards and 5 TDS.

If i were Gesecki and the market didn’t materialize Cincy would be my 1st choice. Automatically starts, becomes a valuable piece overnight, well still give him like 5 mill. He can sign one yesr and ball out then get that big deal next off-season .
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I am on record saying we need to upgrade the backup WRs. Morgan, Tatlor, and Irwin scare no one. If you look at Gesicki as an upgrade at WR4 instead of a TE, I could see it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I remember it being a thing headed into 2022 and the Dolphins tried him out at TE in the pre-season but it did not look good.

Here's PFF article on his alignment as a WR.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-free-agency-miami-dolphins-tight-end-mike-gesicki-wide-receiver-franchise-tag-2022

Yea I knew the year before (2021) he had only ran out of there like 25% of the time. My point was last year he actually did run more out of there than Kelce so it's not that he can't you just may not want him to. I also think there are some things you can do to help him with more out/in motions into tight to allow him a running start to crack the end. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton trying to recruit Gesicki.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643255/mike-gesicki-dolphins-news-bengals-free-agents-2023-mike-hilton?fbclid=IwAR3AKdIyAcmqxQIcpZkVE6OemDKvvDSUvGpJhjZ9XY2Q-s_f7wxJPGLg8yc
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
For the right money...yes. They won't over pay

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just signed with the Pats. Looks like
Now the Bengals will be targeting a TE
At 28 in the 2023 Draft.
Reply/Quote
Fantasy-GM me wanted Gesicki but I prefer to put my trust in Duke, Zac, and the organization for not signing him if they determined he wasn't needed or they didn't like the price.

It looks like the Pats gave him $9M for 1 year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:12 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Just signed with the Pats. Looks like
Now the Bengals will be targeting a TE
At 28 in the 2023 Draft.

Baby Gronk- Michael Mayer!
Reply/Quote