Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Glennon
14.5 mil per year in Chicago. I'm speechless. You'd think teams would be a little more cautious after the Osweiler fiasco.

But it does tell me that there has to be a nice market for McCarron.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I find it harder for us to trade McCarron now..

There are way more veteran QBs on the market that are experienced that some of the teams may want instead of McCarron. Such as, Kaepernick, Cutler, Tony Romo, Cousins (Maybe), Fitzmagic, etc.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Glennon actually played well when he started in Tampa. I doubt that he's the guy to take Chicago to the next level...but he's not a bad get.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:15 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I find it harder for us to trade McCarron now..

There are way more veteran QBs on the market that are experienced that some of the teams may want instead of McCarron. Such as,  Kaepernick, Cutler, Tony Romo, Cousins (Maybe), Fitzmagic, etc.

McCarron should be able to be had for 2 years for pennies compared to what other guys will sign for. It all depends on what a team is looking for but AJ has age, price, and upside on the guys you just mentioned. Cousins is the big competition but if he moves it will open another qb spot anyway 
Reply/Quote
I don't think Glennon is a good QB by any means but the 14.5 million is the low end of what guys are being paid to be starters at the position. I am sure they have outs after a season or two and they still plan on drafting a QB fairly early. But even though 14.5 million seems like a lot because the Bengals will tell you that is all they can afford (BS) it actually places their starting QB at like 23rd in salary and that is before any other contracts are renegotiated or if any other Free Agents are signed.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Glennons QB rating his first 2 years as a starter was 83.9 and 83.3. That's not bad.

19 TD and 9 INT his rookie year. 10 TD and 6 INT his 2nd year. Those aren't bad numbers for a young QB.

He's actually comparable to Dalton in those QB ratings.
Reply/Quote
Bucs just got themselves a 3rd round Comp pick next year.
Reply/Quote
I know he's not horrible, but to invest that kind of money in a guy who has the upside of being a game manager at best, has little starting experience and was not that highly regarded coming out of college just shows how QB's are at a premium right now.

And with NE demanding a king's ransom for Garoppollo, I just can't help but think we could get a nice package for AJ.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote