Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Greenberg on 1530 today.
(04-22-2021, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe that the entire Bengal fan community gave a collective WTF??, to the Ogbuehi pick.  Price was a desperation reach, as the Center they actually wanted was gone, and they panicked.  They just got extremely lucky that Hopkins was there and able to step in, and perform at a level of mediocre to average.

That Ragnow debacle and to a lesser extent the Steelers pinching Bush 1 pick ahead of the Bengals really highlighted how passive the Bengals have been and what a detriment that "let the board come to you" approach can be. There are times when you need to be aggressive for "your guy" and not settle. The Steelers gave up their 2nd round pick in 2019 and their 3rd in the 2020 draft to move up from 20 to 10. Was it worth it? Possibly, bit too soon to tell, but early indications are positive.  You can't just hope to luck into your pick.  As in life,  you can't be passive and expect things to change. YOU have to make the changes in your life to get what you want.  The draft is no different.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 11:25 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Again, you deal in one dimension:  Sewell or Bust.  You aren't even scouting the other linemen or giving Chase a long look because of the position group he plays in and you disagree with it philosophically.  I disagree with using the #5 overall pick on a guy that will most likely play RT for the Bengals, when I think  they can find players like that in Rd 2, but the drop off from a guy like Chase to the guys you claim are really good outside WRs is much bigger in my eyes than the gap from Sewell at RT to someone like Eichenberg or Leatherwood at RT. 

This made me laugh...

I literally explained my issue with Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Radunz, Jenkins etc,

I can't read the post for you guy.

But hey good news, Tobin is a moron, so you'll get your guy at 5.

Unfortunately that means the people that want Sewell get to enjoy another sub .500 season with a backwards built team.

Maybe once we turn Burrow into Luck, you guys will realize that no matter how much the game changes, you need an above average OL to compete. And right now, we don't even have an average line.

I really wish we could respectfully disagree on a single draft pick without calling each other idiots and morons. And yes, that’s what you’re doing here. It’s getting REALLY old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really wish we could respectfully disagree on a single draft pick without calling each other idiots and morons. And yes, that’s what you’re doing here. It’s getting REALLY old.

I called Tobin a moron... and I think we can all completely agree that he is.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I called Tobin a moron... and I think we can all completely agree that he is.

So by extension wouldn’t that make anyone who agrees with him on taking Chase a moron?

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So by extension wouldn’t that make anyone who agrees with him on taking Chase a moron?

If you want to read that into it, go ahead. I was literally stating that the people who want Chase will get their guy because I honestly believe Tobin is a moron and will ignore the voices of Munoz, and Lapham and Anderson and etc, etc, etc, and he'll just do his thing and take Chase.

He is the GM. He is the one who didn't get anything for Dalton, for Green, for Geno, who literally waited till the end and screwed up the Cleveland and McCarron deal. 

The guy has shown time and time again that he is Mike's boy but not a good GM.

If Atlanta passes on Pitts, I see him still going Chase. I've been team Sewell all the way, and even I would be like, you have to take Pitts because he is the most unique of the three. I just have zero faith in Mike Brown and his clown show friends like Tobin.

So... if you want to take that personally, that's not my intent. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:02 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you want to read that into it, go ahead. I was literally stating that the people who want Chase will get their guy because I honestly believe Tobin is a moron and will ignore the voices of Munoz, and Lapham and Anderson and etc, etc, etc, and he'll just do his thing and take Chase.

As he should. None of those guys know the first thing about building a team, because they’ve never done it*. Knock Tobin all you want (he deserves a lot of it), but he also helped put together 4 division winning teams, and the teams that went to 5 straight playoffs (almost entirely built through the draft).

*please don’t @me Fred about not letting Joe make decisions. No one is advocating letting Joe make the picks. But when a couple prospects are super close his opinion is probably pretty valuable because of his experience with one of them.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As he should. None of those guys know the first thing about building a team, because they’ve never done it*. Knock Tobin all you want (he deserves a lot of it), but he also helped put together 4 division winning teams, and the teams that went to 5 straight playoffs (almost entirely built through the draft).

*please don’t @me Fred about not letting Joe make decisions. No one is advocating letting Joe make the picks. But when a couple prospects are super close his opinion is probably pretty valuable because of his experience with one of them.

So Joe's opinion matters, the guys on the other side don't got it.

Joe has 1 NFL season and zero experience building a team as well. I get it, he played with Chase which means I'd ask him about the guy's work ethic sure, but not who he'd pick since he's going to be biased.

But again, if Tobin ignores all the experience from the actually great players that came through here and listens to his 2nd year QB over them, then he is even more of a moron.

Munoz and Willie may not know how to "build a team" but they sure as hell know good OL play and bad OL play and elite OL players. This line, is not good. And no 2nd rounder will impact it the way a Sewell will.

Again this is pointless, you have your side I have mine and nothing will change. Thankfully in 6 days it is over.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:24 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So Joe's opinion matters, the guys on the other side don't got it.

Joe has 1 NFL season and zero experience building a team as well. I get it, he played with Chase which means I'd ask him about the guy's work ethic sure, but not who he'd pick since he's going to be biased.

But again, if Tobin ignores all the experience from the actually great players that came through here and listens to his 2nd year QB over them, then he is even more of a moron.

*sigh*

You literally took the opposite of what I was saying wrt Burrow from my post. For the 37th time, Joe should not be making the decision, BUT, the team with the smallest scouting department in the entire league should find anything and everything he can give them on Chase invaluable. That’s literally all I’m saying. If the situation was reversed, and there was a stud OT coming out of LSU that Burrow played with would you not be interested in what Joe thinks about his work ethic, his character, what he’s like outside of a zoom interview, etc? Ofc you would, because all that stuff matters. Especially with a top 5 pick. Obviously all the prospects that are going to go that high are amazing players on the field, but there’s more to it than that when you’re dealing with human beings.

But I do agree, that the back and forth is pretty pointless. As far the “sides” go, I’ve said all along I’ll be very happy with Sewell, and I will stand by that if we take him. I just hope you, and some of the other people that have been screaming for Sewell the loudest will do the same if we take Chase. The board has been pretty miserable the last few weeks with all the bickering (I’m guilty myself but honestly I didn’t start defending taking Chase until it became pretty clear that’s the way the team was leaning), and I sincerely hope we can move past all this after the draft.

Reply/Quote