Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton
NFL network is re-playing the Steelers WFT (Redskins).
Mike Hilton is having a great game.

Very excited that he is a Steelers loss and a Bengals addition for 2021.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 10:26 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: NFL network is re-playing the Steelers WFT (Redskins).
Mike Hilton is having a great game.

Very excited that he is a Steelers loss and a Bengals addition for 2021.

This guy is a stud. Mike Hilton is one cool bro. Cannot wait to see him sacking the Stealers.... 

He knows how to blitz and take out the QB. Best Slot Corner in the League at doing this right now. 

To steal the man from the stealers is pretty damn sweet. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Hilton is a stud and I think he will bring a lot to the defense. He brings big time physicality and energy, and that alone will help the defense improve. The more physical the better. If Waynes pans out and plays like he can we could have a really nice back end of the defense this year. He's another physical player and great tackler. Vonn Bell is a physical guy so there is 3 big time tacklers who can all play the run well which is huge in the AFCN. Bates is more of a technician but another stud in the secondary. With an improved DL/pass rush these guys might be a force to be reckon with.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 01:16 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Hilton is a stud and I think he will bring a lot to the defense. He brings big time physicality and energy, and that alone will help the defense improve. The more physical the better. If Waynes pans out and plays like he can we could have a really nice back end of the defense this year. He's another physical player and great tackler. Vonn Bell is a physical guy so there is 3 big time tacklers who can all play the run well which is huge in the AFCN. Bates is more of a technician but another stud in the secondary. With an improved DL/pass rush these guys might be a force to be reckon with.

Haven't seen him play yet I will have to watch some games on him.  I try not to watch steelers football lol.

I have to admit the one off-season move im not happy with, which probably doesn't have anything to do with Hilton is we let Alexander go. He was a must keep IMO im still salty on that one. Him and Hilton would be great but it is what it is. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:47 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Haven't seen him play yet I will have to watch some games on him.  I try not to watch steelers football lol.

I have to admit the one off-season move im not happy with, which probably doesn't have anything to do with Hilton is we let Alexander go. He was a must keep IMO im still salty on that one. Him and Hilton would be great but it is what it is. 
They play the same position, slot and Hilton is better...
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 12:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is a stud. Mike Hilton is one cool bro. Cannot wait to see him sacking the Stealers.... 

He knows when to blitz and take out the QB. Best Slot Corner in the League at doing this right now. 

He brings an element of momentum stopping plays with him.  I'm very enthusiastic about his addition to the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m not gonna lie I didn’t know much about Hilton before we signed him. I here he can blitz which a nice little wrinkle to throw in every now and then and he can tackle. I felt like Alexander was also good against run , I guess my question is can any of these CBs we signed cover ? The kid from Dallas has good raw tools but that secondary was a train wreck last year. I know these guys fit “Lou’s zone “ scheme but I’m skeptical considering he has no proven track record as a successful defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 09:26 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m not gonna lie I didn’t know much about Hilton before we signed him. I here he can blitz which a nice little wrinkle to throw in every now and then and he can tackle. I felt like Alexander was also good against run , I guess my question is can any of these CBs we signed cover ? The kid from Dallas has good raw tools but that secondary was a train wreck last year. I know these guys fit “Lou’s zone “ scheme but I’m skeptical considering he has no proven track record as a successful defensive coordinator.

I threw up a little in my mouth watching this, but I have to admit it is going to be very nice watching him do this in a Bengals uniform.....

Reply/Quote
Is there a story as to why Pitt let this guy walk? I feel like I saw the other day that Pitt has cap space to spend, why didn’t they keep Hilton? Then he transfers over to a divisional rival... might be some bad blood there... I like it!
Reply/Quote
I hope having bell and Hilton on board doing their things allows bates to be a more center field type of safety that gives him more chances at interceptions and passes defensed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 10:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is there a story as to why Pitt let this guy walk? I feel like I saw the other day that Pitt has cap space to spend, why didn’t they keep Hilton? Then he transfers over to a divisional rival... might be some bad blood there... I like it!

Cap space casualty... and evidently the Pittsburgh fans let him have it, calling him a snake and other things for coming to the Bengals. Hopefully, he will really take it to them......

https://twitter.com/MikeHilton_28/status/1379121028530630660
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:47 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Haven't seen him play yet I will have to watch some games on him.  I try not to watch steelers football lol.

I liked Alexander too and was hoping to sign him until we signed Hilton. Sled posted a nice highlight vid above, here are a couple more vids on Hilton. I know one thing, many Stealer fans hate that we got him, and I love that. 

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 12:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is a stud. Mike Hilton is one cool bro. Cannot wait to see him sacking the Stealers.... 

He knows when to blitz and take out the QB. Best Slot Corner in the League at doing this right now. 

Wouldn't this be dictated by the play call, not by Hilton?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Wouldn't this be dictated by the play call, not by Hilton?

Yes. Hilton has all the tools to be a great player like many others on our Defense. It is going to come down to coaching and scheme.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Wouldn't this be dictated by the play call, not by Hilton?

Glad you said it and not me.

He was outstanding in the style of defense they ran in pitt.

He was an UDFA singing of the Jaguars, went from them to the Patriots and never got off their practice squad.

Once signed by the steelers he found himself and became very solid as a blitzing corner. Just have to hope the Bengals use him in a similar fashion.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I like Mac Alexander better. I hope I change my mind..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 09:26 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m not gonna lie I didn’t know much about Hilton before we signed him. I here he can blitz which a nice little wrinkle to throw in every now and then and he can tackle. I felt like Alexander was also good against run , I guess my question is can any of these CBs we signed cover ? The kid from Dallas has good raw tools but that secondary was a train wreck last year. I know these guys fit “Lou’s zone “ scheme but I’m skeptical considering he has no proven track record as a successful defensive coordinator.

Hilton is a complete football player.  Fast, physical, focused.  He blitzes effectively, has an innate ability to come off blocks and make tackles in both the run and in the open field, and covers both TEs underneath, as well as WRs down the field.  Has a nose for the ball, weather it be by getting the INT, or recovering the fumble.  Just a well rounded, complete football player.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great & much needed off-season signing & a Steeler loss. What's not to like.
Reply/Quote

Guess I meant to say HOW to blitz... Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 08:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He brings an element of momentum stopping plays with him.  I'm very enthusiastic about his addition to the team.

(05-25-2021, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hilton is a complete football player.  Fast, physical, focused.  He blitzes effectively, has an innate ability to come off blocks and make tackles in both the run and in the open field, and covers both TEs underneath, as well as WRs down the field.  Has a nose for the ball, weather it be by getting the INT, or recovering the fumble.  Just a well rounded, complete football player.

This, Mike Hilton knows how to do things other Slot corners just don't.

Agree with others that we NEED to use him the same way Pitt did.

He can be that sword in their side for years to come along with Von who has an adamant dislike already.
Reply/Quote