Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton
Mike Hilton PFF grade over since he's been on the Bengals.
2021-72.3
2022-73.4
2023-39.2
The guy has been damn good for us during his tenure here but this season his play has fallen off a cliff according to PFF.

Also according to pro football reference advanced stats he has missed 3 tackles so far. Last season he only missed 6 for the whole season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/willie_lutz/status/1709209788884603309?t=owWe3fXbfXAXC1y7kdr0nA&s=19
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He's always been quick at the line of scrimmage but slow in coverage. In the AFCCG last year when he missed the botched snap I knew it wasn't our day. I believe he will be replaced next year if not during the season by a younger player. He really is a liability trying to cover the faster wrs.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:27 PM)Mer Wrote: He's always been quick at the line of scrimmage but slow in coverage. In the AFCCG last year when he missed the botched snap I knew it wasn't our day. I believe he will be replaced next year if not during the season by a younger player. He really is a liability trying to cover the faster wrs.

His poor pass coverage was obvious last season.  KC went after him both games, every team should and likely will.

Reply/Quote
I don't know. He had the tipped pass that Logan picked off. He also about had a big tackle for loss on the browns but got blocked in the back. I think he is the least of our troubles on the defense let alone the team as a whole.
Reply/Quote
Hilton just has off days

I am not worried about him missing tackles at all.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: His poor pass coverage was obvious last season.  KC went after him both games, every team should and likely will.

Reality, we are the 4th team to sign him. He's a UFA who was released by the Jags, Patriots and Steelers. Bill Bellichick released him off his practice squad after 2 weeks. He hasn't been horrible, but you get what you get. His pick 6 against PB was, and still is satisfaction. This is his 3rd year here. He knows the playbook, but if he can't get it done, send him packing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure feels like the Chiefs absolutely picked on him in the playoffs and all teams took note. Not sure why he suddenly can't tackle, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I did notice him getting bullied in the AFCCG last year, and that might be a continuing trend. If it continues hopefully Turner is able to step into that role. His speed will be nice at least.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've noticed it too just based on the eye test. He's been lost in coverage at times and I've seen him get destroyed by blocks multiple times. He got crushed by one in the Ravens game.

He looks slow to me - idk if he's showing his age or what. He's 29.

If he continues to struggle its just another hole we need to fill this off-season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:36 AM)J24 Wrote: Mike Hilton PFF grade over since he's been on the Bengals.
2021-72.3
2022-73.4
2023-39.2
The guy has been damn good for us during his tenure here but this season his play has fallen off a cliff according to PFF.

Also according to pro football reference advanced stats he has missed 3 tackles so far. Last season he only missed 6 for the whole season.

And a deep dive will show he’s not the only one. This isn’t all on the staff, Joe, WR, and OL.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:36 AM)J24 Wrote: Mike Hilton PFF grade over since he's been on the Bengals.
2021-72.3
2022-73.4
2023-39.2

I read another stat he missed 11% of his tackles last year and he's at 40% right now. I wonder how all this stuff goes wrong at once?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I read another stat he missed 11% of his tackles last year and he's at 40% right now. I wonder how all this stuff goes wrong at once?

It's feeling like these guys bought into the Super Bowl Hype the media was pouring out on them and thought the rest of the NFL was going to roll out the red carpet for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:43 AM)Mer Wrote: It's feeling like these guys bought into the Super Bowl Hype the media was pouring out on them and thought the rest of the NFL was going to roll out the red carpet for them.

I absolutely hate that narrative, but it does seem kind of true when you watch them play - especially on the road. 

I feel like they went into TN just expecting the game to be handed to them. TN was UP for that game. Hopefully the kick in the ass helps them realize they are now the hunted, not the hunter.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 10:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I absolutely hate that narrative, but it does seem kind of true when you watch them play - especially on the road. 

I feel like they went into TN just expecting the game to be handed to them. TN was UP for that game. Hopefully the kick in the ass helps them realize they are now the hunted, not the hunter.  

I'm with you. I hate that excuse as well, but something is just off this year. And I mean more than just Burrow being injured. I really thought the rest of the team would step up and hold down the fort until Joe was ready to be himself again. I get the receivers are at the mercy of the QB but we should really be leaning on a power running game with Mixon and the other RBs. Of course that's on the coaches. 

Even with all that's happening I'm still eagerly anticipating the game it all clicks and we get things going again. Of course that's what my heart says but my head keeps whispering that we may have already missed our championship opportunity with this team. I sure hope my head is wrong.
Reply/Quote