Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton: More than just a FA CB
I love, love LOVE this guys leadership skills. His first press conference impressed me greatly and he's been consistently making key comments to make the highs not too high and the lows not too low.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 02:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I love, love LOVE this guys leadership skills. His first press conference impressed me greatly and he's been consistently making key comments to make the highs not too high and the lows not too low.

Yeah, I really like his signing more and more as time goes on. I think he was a very underrated pickup during FA for the defense. He's a good player, but he's an even better team guy. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He brings positive energy to fans and teammates. I also like how he rags on Steelers.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hilton was a big part of our defensive improvement last season. A leader. Glad we have him.
Reply/Quote
Hilton was a big part of the infusion of good players the defense added last season.

It definitely paid off for the Bengals and love his attitude.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I also really like Hilton and I think he was a big part of our defensive turn around. Not just with his play but his approach to the game and his attitude. He is also very outspoken about wanting Jessie Bates to be signed to a long term deal. Not sure how that's gonna work out but it would be nice if we could work something out so both sides are happy.
Reply/Quote
There is nothing not to like about Hilton, fantastic player!
Reply/Quote
Damn. I almost didn’t watch this video. I’m so glad I did. Just watching him speak about the team and his humble confidence. I might have to get a Hilton jersey. You can tell he’s a leader and will be in that NFL for a long time.
Reply/Quote
Love Hilton. His pick 6 against Ben was one of the highlights of the season.

Reply/Quote
Love that pick up too. He’s been awesome for us on the field and in the locker room. You know what makes it even better? The stupid *** Steelers were too dumb to give him the very reasonable contract we did lmao now they have to eat it twice every year
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 02:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I love, love LOVE this guys leadership skills. His first press conference impressed me greatly and he's been consistently making key comments to make the highs not too high and the lows not too low.

Much like Vonn Bell's "Blast Heard Round the World" when he blew up Tik Tok Smith-Shuster, I will always love Hilton for that pick six on the pig to make it 40-3 and end that piece of shit's career the right way.

Beyond that play, I have admired Hilton's outspoken nature and desire to bring high character guys that can help the team.  My only wish is that Hilton would be sent on more blitzes from time to time as I think that is one of his greatest strengths.  Perhaps now that the rest of the secondary is so deep and didn't lose any talent (starting talent, anyways).

He is a great teammate and I have loved having him here.  A key piece that helped form the right chemistry and talent mix for the defense.  
Reply/Quote
His personality and joy for the game is infectious. Some of the best moments last year was his reactions after winning big games.
Reply/Quote
Hilton was a huge FA addition. Looking back, the FO did a great job in 2021 with the draft, trades (Hill for Price) and FA.

Those who think 2021 was a fluke did not do their homework, in 2020 we were decimated by injury (much like the Ravens were in 2021) so add a great off season to getting back a franchise QB healthy and guys like Reader was huge.

On the NFL, teams who can avoid major injuries to studs can thrive, we did not have a lot of injuries in 2021, but we did have some and overcame them.

I am excited for 2022.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Nice thread. Mike needs his own, he has really helped our team as a whole since he got here. Love how he has so much fun out
there. It is infectious the way he plays the game, great teammate, great sense of humor so he keeps it light and he is a great Slot,
maybe the best in the NFL as just a player let alone everything else he brings.
Reply/Quote
99.99% of the population can see the benefits of moving on from leaders such as Dunlap, Burfict and Pacman and replacing them with leaders such as Reader, Hilton, and Bell. Hilton brings so much more to the team than just his play on the field.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 99.99% of the population can see the benefits of moving on from leaders such as Dunlap, Burfict and Pacman and replacing them with leaders such as Reader, Hilton, and Bell. Hilton brings so much more to the team than just his play on the field.

I think we know who that 0.01% is....  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
He's been a great addition. Loves the game.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 01:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think we know who that 0.01% is....  Hilarious

I have an idea... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 99.99% of the population can see the benefits of moving on from leaders such as Dunlap, Burfict and Pacman and replacing them with leaders such as Reader, Hilton, and Bell. Hilton brings so much more to the team than just his play on the field.

There's no doubt it makes a difference. None
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have an idea... LMAO

That I wanna share

You don't like it? So what, I don't care
I'm number one, the uno, I like comp

dang, distracted again
Reply/Quote