Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton makes a statement
He echos the desire of all Bengals fans

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like Mike. Cool
Reply/Quote
Zac wants him signed as well. "Called Him and Bell the best Safety tandem in the NFL". We might have a fight on our hands between GM and Coach IF Bates isn't signed to a Long Term deal by next training camp.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Smart guy. I wasn't sure how I felt about him replacing Alexander but he has been a nice addition on and off the field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike did just feel snubbed my Pittsburgh for not signing him. Not surprising he’d want a key piece of Cincy’s D locked up and to not have to go through what he did. He’s certainly been a good pick up so far.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps the front office just wanted to see wins before dedicating to a player. I think if we can cap this season off with a playoff appearance, and a God given playoff win… the front office will support these guys to the fullest. Hoping so anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Mike did just feel snubbed my Pittsburgh for not signing him. Not surprising he’d want a key piece of Cindy’s D locked up and to not have to go through what he did. He’s certainly been a good pick up so far.

Nervous
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's an issue of top line number, more so the details of guarantees and when cash is due. We have the tag still but I think they will get it figured out, especially in an effort to keep as much of this quality D intact as they can.
Reply/Quote
I have little doubt they'll extend Bates unless he and his agent want the moon, stars and the sun. If he ends up elsewhere being the highest paid safety by a huge margin we'll know who was offering what.. Tough to blame the front office in that case..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Nervous

Man one auto correct and that sentence takes a very dark turn
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man one auto correct and that sentence takes a very dark turn

I was wondering about your Pittsburgh and Cindy whoever she is there and whatever her D's are about..Dildo's? .. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Zac wants him signed as well. "Called Him and Bell the best Safety tandem in the NFL". We might have a fight on our hands between GM and Coach IF Bates isn't signed to a Long Term deal by next training camp.

Yes....and Sam Hubbard hinted that he wanted to play with Bates for a long time. I like the passive aggressive approach. Hope it works. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote: He echos the desire of all Bengals fans

Tbh, I don't like when players try to put pressure on the team to sign another player by publicly calling them out.

Also, Bates is having a down year (compared to last year) and the hold up might be that he's trying to cash in on that 1 year of amazing play.

This is pretty much the biggest reason I'd prefer Hilton to shut up. He could be putting pressure on the TEAM to overpay...which would be great for Bates (and great down the road for players like Hilton), but terrible for the success of the team.

So...shut up Mike Hilton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I hate to start this talk up again, but this team is successful now, and with success comes a lot of players getting huge raises. We're going to have to think long and hard about who we can actually keep.

If we sign Bates to a massive deal, do we lose Logan Wilson when he's up? What about Jonah? Of course, Burrow is going to account for $50+ million in cap in 2-3 years as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I don't like when players try to put pressure on the team to sign another player by publicly calling them out.

Also, Bates is having a down year (compared to last year) and the hold up might be that he's trying to cash in on that 1 year of amazing play.

This is pretty much the biggest reason I'd prefer Hilton to shut up. He could be putting pressure on the TEAM to overpay...which would be great for Bates (and great down the road for players like Hilton), but terrible for the success of the team.

So...shut up Mike Hilton.

(10-20-2021, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hate to start this talk up again, but this team is successful now, and with success comes a lot of players getting huge raises. We're going to have to think long and hard about who we can actually keep.

If we sign Bates to a massive deal, do we lose Logan Wilson when he's up? What about Jonah? Of course, Burrow is going to account for $50+ million in cap in 2-3 years as well.

Bates is a young player on the rise and should be signed to a long term deal. Also the cap is rising so we should be able to afford these big contracts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote: He echos the desire of all Bengals fans

I like this, too, but at this point you can't extend him, correct?  They have to wait until the end of the season?  I think the Bengals will absolutely extend him.  They will have a ton of money to play with and they are loyal to their guys, especially ones that earn it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like this, too, but at this point you can't extend him, correct?  They have to wait until the end of the season?  I think the Bengals will absolutely extend him.  They will have a ton of money to play with and they are loyal to their guys, especially ones that earn it.  

I thought the general idea is not that they can't extend now but rather it won't effect your cap numbers for this season which is why it's done during the off season
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hate to start this talk up again, but this team is successful now, and with success comes a lot of players getting huge raises. We're going to have to think long and hard about who we can actually keep.

This. And not just the future. I mean Bates deserves it, so it's a catch 22, but we'll likely sacrifice re-signing Reiff, Larry O, Spain just from this seasons "successful" run. 

These new players better be careful tho. Strong arming MB isn't how this is going to get done. If anything it'll backfire, and he will dig his heals in.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I hope they extend Bates. I have some outlandish conspiracy theory that Mike Brown follows some antiquated notebook of scribble penned by his old man that explains philosophy on running a team. Info such as: don't draft guards in the first three rounds, never have a ring of honor, don't fly first class, always give a speech to the players during Browns week, don't overpay safeties, only get cheap food for the players pre or post game spread, etc. Mikey never figured out the game changed and his dad would have changed with the times.

Anyhow, Bates deserves to get paid.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:15 AM)jj22 Wrote: This. And not just the future. I mean Bates deserves it, so it's a catch 22, but we'll likely sacrifice re-signing Reiff, Larry O, Spain just from this seasons "successful" run. 

These new players better be careful tho. Strong arming MB isn't how this is going to get done. If anything it'll backfire, and he will dig his heals in.

This is what makes drafting and developing talent on a rookie wage scale so important.  They could save millions, even tens of millions, if Smith or Adeniji are able to be a solid option at RT.  The fact that they got additional picks for Finley and a conditional (not sure the condition) from trading Price is huge, even if they are late round picks.

I see almost no scenario where Waynes isn't released (I believe the Bengals have an "out" after this year) and they are drafting a CB in Rd 1 next year.  

Hard to believe he is one of the highest paychecks on the team and they have gotten next to no contribution from him.  Shows how smart they were in signing Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, etc.  

The cap is supposed to go WAY up as well.  
Reply/Quote