Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton's comments
This is interesting to me:

“It’s a multitude of things. Guys are just not coming prepared, we’re not making plays as we should and as a team, we’ve got to count on each other. If the defense is struggling, the offense has to bail us out and vice-versa, so we’ve just got to find ways to win games.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-players-again-mention-lack-of-urgency-after-loss-to-49ers/ar-AARLyq8?ocid=msedgntp
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is interesting to me:

“It’s a multitude of things. Guys are just not coming prepared, we’re not making plays as we should and as a team, we’ve got to count on each other. If the defense is struggling, the offense has to bail us out and vice-versa, so we’ve just got to find ways to win games.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-players-again-mention-lack-of-urgency-after-loss-to-49ers/ar-AARLyq8?ocid=msedgntp

I think this sticks out more than anything to me. If guys aren't coming prepared then games like yesterday are gonna happen. We have too many veteran free agents who were brought in to build a culture. If guys aren't coming prepared then is that a culture you want? It all falls down to the coaching at the end of the day.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is interesting to me:

not sure how much more bailing out of the offense the defense can do
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins and Joe Mixon said something similar after the Chargers game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: Tee Higgins and Joe Mixon said something similar after the Chargers game

offense has to get out to a faster start to compete
Reply/Quote
Again, they are spot on, and I applaud their courage for speaking out

This franchise has fallen on the side of NOT being prepared, MORE than being prepared for 30+ years now!

Solution? No clue!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Again, they are spot on, and I applaud their courage for speaking out

This franchise has fallen on the side of NOT being prepared, MORE than being prepared for 30+ years now!

Solution?  No clue!

that seems a coaching issue. if the players arent prepared.
Reply/Quote
If we win at Denver, we should make the team stay in the Hotel the night before home games. They appear too comfortable with home cooking.

Plus have Joe wear something that looks stupid to the game; it seems to help as well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that seems a coaching issue. if the players arent prepared.

[Image: illidan-wow.gif]

EDIT - For those that don't know, this is Illidan's famous quote from World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we win at Denver, we should make the team stay in the Hotel the night before home games. They appear too comfortable with home cooking.

Plus have Joe wear something that looks stupid to the game; it seems to help as well.

They already do this. 

I was actually staying in the same hotel the team was staying at Saturday night. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They already do this. 

I was actually staying in the same hotel the team was staying at Saturday night. 

I knew Mikey would go cheap with the Motel 6.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I knew Mikey would go cheap with the Motel 6.

as long as they get the "Stanley Wilson Package" suite its all good

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that seems a coaching issue. if the players arent prepared.

They've had 6 HCs in the last 40 years and MB fired the best one after his first year at the helm!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: offense has to get out to a faster start to compete

How about start playing at least 3 of the 4 quarters for a start the. Work up to playing 4.  Right now except 3 games offense showed up mid 3 rd qt and 4th.  
Reply/Quote
I would like to know who he's referring to when he says guys aren't prepared, he probably has some people in mind.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would like to know who he's referring to when he says guys aren't prepared, he probably has some people in mind.

More importantly, will he call them out in meetings, the locker room, or the practice field?

Nothing gets solved bitching about it in public but refusing to address the situation with the problematic individual(s).  If anything, that can make it worse.  But do it in front of your coaches and teammates, and shit will get worked out.  People don't like to be called out at work.  Doing it will get them under the microscope to shape up or ship out.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would like to know who he's referring to when he says guys aren't prepared, he probably has some people in mind.

Darius Phillips
Reply/Quote