Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Leake traded to the Giants
And there goes another one Sad sad to see home grown talent leaving....he was traded for two minor leaguers

(Credit: ESPN App)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
It's sad yes, but it's going to keep happening till baseball gets it's shit together and gets a salary cap like every other major sport. How the NBA, NFL, and NHL can all use a cap, yet baseball can't figure it out is amazing. On a side note, Jay Bruce and Chapman both rumored to be gone shortly as well. Just hope the kids are ready and the return is worth it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 02:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's sad yes, but it's going to keep happening till baseball gets it's shit together and gets a salary cap like every other major sport. How the NBA, NFL, and NHL can all use a cap, yet baseball can't figure it out is amazing. On a side note, Jay Bruce and Chapman both rumored to be gone shortly as well. Just hope the kids are ready and the return is worth it.

My wish....

Chapman and Bruce to LA for Puig and Julio Urias.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:42 AM)Trademark Wrote: And there goes another one Sad sad to see home grown talent leaving....he was traded for two minor leaguers

(Credit: ESPN App)
They got the Giants #1 prospect (starting pitcher Keury Mella) and their #25 prospect (corner infielder Adam Duvall.

Duvall is hitting .279/.323/.548 with 26 homers in AAA this year. He hit a HR off of Leake in his MLB debut last season.

I'd say that's another good trade. We're piling up good pitching prospects.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 02:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They got the Giants #1 prospect (starting pitcher Keury Mella) and their #25 prospect (corner infielder Adam Duvall.

Duvall is hitting .279/.323/.548 with 26 homers in AAA this year. He hit a HR off of Leake in his MLB debut last season.

Which will be used to get needed bats in winter meetings 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 02:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They got the Giants #1 prospect (starting pitcher Keury Mella) and their #25 prospect (corner infielder Adam Duvall.

I just read it was the #3 prospect and #13, probably an eye of the beholder situation.
I like that Duvall has plus-power and experience at all 4 infield spots from college thru the minors. 
Reply/Quote
Sorry to see him go but looks like a good trade. Like Cueto, he definitely went out with a bang. Wouldn't it be something if he and Cueto end up pitching against each other in the WS?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
...and, Umkabus rejoices

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lorenzen
DeSclafani
Iglesias
Stephenson
Howard
Travieso
Garrett
Reed
Finnegan
Lamb
Romano
Crawford
Moscot
Mella

Total overhaul in pitching is happening, but there is seemingly a hopeful pipeline.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ...and, Umkabus rejoices

Was that bitterness or pride?  I never did figure out what that was all about.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Interesting little nugget.... Duvall hit his first major league homer off of none other than Mike Leake.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:16 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Lorenzen
DeSclafani
Iglesias
Stephenson
Howard
Travieso
Garrett
Reed
Finnegan
Lamb
Romano
Crawford
Moscot
Mella

Total overhaul in pitching is happening, but there is seemingly a hopeful pipeline.

Gonna be ugly the rest of the way. The sticks are gonna need to put up a lot of runs if they expect to get many more wins this season.
Reply/Quote
According to mlb.com, Muella is already our 5th ranked prospect. He has a mean fast ball, power curve and change up to round out a solid repertoire for such a young guy (22 on Sunday). He is already ranked ahead of Travieso, Crawford (acquired via Simon trade), Howard (2014 first round pick) and Reed (acquired via Cueto trade)

Duvall didn't make our top 30, but he has some power, which is nice to see for a young prospect.

I have to say, the Reds have done an excellent job converting older pitchers into young guys with years of team control left.

We got Crawford for Simon, DeSclafani for Latos, Reed, Finnegan and Lamb for Cueto, and Muella for Leake. Add Stephenson, Travieso and Howard, and we could be looking at a brand new starting rotation as early as 2017.

It's scary, considering prospects in baseball flame out so often, but it's also exciting to see which ones will become the next Cuetos and Leakes.
Reply/Quote
I heard a Jocketty interview this afternoon and he was talking about putting one of the new guys in LF (in the minors) and letting him develop there. I'm guessing that would be Duvall?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote