Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike M Fanspeak Mock
I see others trying it, so I gave it a shot (several actually). Some of these I'm not so sure how they fell, but I'm not going to complain 1 bit.

1. LB Rueben Foster, Alabama. Fournette was also here a couple of times, but in order to get Mixon in the 2nd, I would have to trade up in front of Carolina every time. I like Fournette, but I see Foster the better deal for the long term and a more realistic shot at being an annual Pro-Bowler.

2. WR John Ross, Washington. Not sure why he fell, but I'll take it. As I said before, Mixon keeps getting snatched by Carolina who picks right before us, so if you want the Foster/Mixon combo then we'd have to trade up in front of Carolina. Otherwise you could also have the Fournette/Ross Combo.

Things smooth out and become more predictable now:

3. C Pat Elflien, Ohio State. Center Problem getting addressed.

4. C Ethan Pocic, LSU. Wasn't planning to double dip at C but BPA, and may the best Center win. Both newly drafted C's have played G as well, so why not?

4. DT Charles Walker, Oklahoma. He should've stayed for one more year to get better, but money calls. Backup for Geno.

5. TE George Kittle, Iowa. Yea yea yea, not flashy at all, but one hell of a blocker and decent catcher, I know some of you like those run and catch style TE's, but I like the gutsy ones ala Heath Miller. Scary/Weird part is, if I didn't draft him here, he ends up being drafted by.... Pittsburg.

From here on out, I just tried to get projects that could have a higher than average ceiling if they develop well and/or guys that could do well on Special Teams.

5. LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee. He might be a little short, but he's a tackle machine. Might need to watch out how his shoulder responds, could start season on PUP.

6. CB Brendan Langley, Lamar. Has size and speed, lacks technique. If he can learn that technique, then he can push for a starting job after a couple of years.

6. OT Julie'n Davenport, Bucknell. OT that has everything you are looking for in a LT/RT. Needs to refine his technique and learn to play against better competition.

7. WR Michael Clark, Marshall. 6'7" WR... I think this is our basketball/TE project here. Needs to learn those routes and improve his catching.

7. FS David Jones, Richmond. Later bloomer to the Position, he's 6'5" and taking a year to beef up his body and strengthen his forearm (that's he's hurt a couple of times) will help him a lot.

Don't know about you guys, but I think with Minter and now Foster that the Defense has gotten better and we still have guys from last year that didn't play much or at all. Minter starts in the Middle, Foster gets the OLB and after the season we decide if we want to keep Minter or move Foster to ILB and get another OLB.

Offensively, getting our Line problems fixed slowly from the inside out, and got more weapons for Andy. If our LT/RT can hold up, our season might be a good better than expected. We still need to address DE and RB, but can't get everything done in one draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote