Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike M Final Mock
Last one i will post before the draft:

1 P28: OT Darnell Wright, Tenn. Not much more needs to be said here, we need a plug n play RT and that's exactly what he is.

Traded with KC: they wanted to move up, and my guy still had high odds of being there in 3 more picks so.
KC gets 60,206
Bengals get: 63, 134

2 P63 DT Siaki Ika, Baylor. With Readers contract up next year, time to find a possible replacement. There's two things this guy does well, stuffs the run and draws the double team.

3 P92: CB DJ Turner, Michigan. not sure why people knock on his size, 6' is plenty big enough to be a DB. With his technique and speed, i think he's gonna be a very good one and will go much higher on a re-draft.

4 P134: C Ricky Stromberg, Ark. Powerful and intelligent. Let him learn the C position behind Karras, and he's played both G positions in college so he is interior depth as well.

Trade:
SF Gets 131
Bengals get 155, 164, 255

5 P155 RB Tyjae Spears, Tulane. Seems like a good all arounder and possible replacement for Mixon.

5 P164 TE Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan, Fits what we like in a TE, can catch when needed and block as well.

5 P165 WR Andrei Iosivas, Princeton. Great guy to toss in there on 4 wr sets. Can stretch the field and even though he's good at track, he can cacth.

7 P246 TE Brenton Strange, Penn State. Fits what we like and he was still there and TE depth was needed.

7 P255 DT Moro Ojomo, Texas. PS Guy that could develop into rotational player.

So all in all,
Hopefully Solves the RT position for a few years.
got some quality DT Depth to back up Reader
Added DB future starter
Added IOL Depth
2 TE's, RB and WR.

The part i enjoyed most, was that there was very little reaching. in fact, there was a few that were actually listed as BPA when i took them so couldn't have planned that any better. I did want an Edge guy, but wasn't in the cards for this draft.

Sets us up nicely for 2024 to focus on Edge, LB (depending on Wilson) and RG as our main priorities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 11:03 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Last one i will post before the draft:

1 P28: OT Darnell Wright, Tenn. Not much more needs to be said here, we need a plug n play RT and that's exactly what he is.

Traded with KC: they wanted to move up, and my guy still had high odds of being there in 3 more picks so.
KC gets 60,206
Bengals get: 63, 134

2 P63 DT Siaki Ika, Baylor. With Readers contract up next year, time to find a possible replacement. There's two things this guy does well, stuffs the run and draws the double team.

3 P92: CB DJ Turner, Michigan. not sure why people knock on his size, 6' is plenty big enough to be a DB. With his technique and speed, i think he's gonna be a very good one and will go much higher on a re-draft.

4 P134: C Ricky Stromberg, Ark. Powerful and intelligent. Let him learn the C position behind Karras, and he's played both G positions in college so he is interior depth as well.

Trade:
SF Gets 131
Bengals get 155, 164, 255

5 P155 RB Tyjae Spears, Tulane. Seems like a good all arounder and possible replacement for Mixon.

5 P164 TE Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan, Fits what we like in a TE, can catch when needed and block as well.

5 P165 WR Andrei Iosivas, Princeton. Great guy to toss in there on 4 wr sets. Can stretch the field and even though he's good at track, he can cacth.

7 P246 TE Brenton Strange, Penn State. Fits what we like and he was still there and TE depth was needed.

7 P255 DT Moro Ojomo, Texas. PS Guy that could develop into rotational player.

So all in all,
Hopefully Solves the RT position for a few years.
got some quality DT Depth to back up Reader
Added DB future starter
Added IOL Depth
2 TE's, RB and WR.

The part i enjoyed most, was that there was very little reaching. in fact, there was a few that were actually listed as BPA when i took them so couldn't have planned that any better. I did want an Edge guy, but wasn't in the cards for this draft.

Sets us up nicely for 2024 to focus on Edge, LB (depending on Wilson) and RG as our main priorities.

Probably the mock I like the most I've seen on the boards. Big fan of Wright in Rd 1 hopefully he's still on the board. Also like the C in the 4th with the added value of being a depth piece in the interior. I'm also not big on taking a TE early I would much rather take 2 later than 1 early. I also like trading back when available to gain picks. If we do end up trading Jonah hopefully we can get a 3rd I think that would give our draft some flexibility.
Reply/Quote
Nice Mock Mike M. Sure would love it if Wright and Spears fell to us, I just find both unlikely. Love the Ika pick and understand
it with this being DJ's last season unless we re-sign him which I hope we do. But this is good insurance along with Tufele hopefully
sticking around. Love DJ Turner as you know, just was hoping the size thing would allow him to fall. True, it isn't a big deal.

Also like the Stromberg pick, Arkansas can put out some good OL, Ragnow...

Almost have a hard time seeing Spears fall to us in the 3rd, let alone this late but would love it if we did and picked him. Crazy
great balance with good hands, speed and burst and shown he can be a willing blocker at the Senior Bowl.

Love the TE's both Schoonmaker and Strange are do it all players, just doubt Strange falls that far as well.

Iosivas is an interesting prospect. As long as he can catch I am down that late. Expecting a Punter to compete with Chrisman with
one of the last 2 picks BTW.
Reply/Quote