Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike & Marvin will view outraged Fanbase as Unfair evaluators of injury plagued 2018
This team wasn't that good before all the injuries set in. They know it but they'll never admit it ! They'll hide behind the 4-1 start and act like we were about to go on a run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “He would get a lot of letters from people who were angry or upset with the way things had gone. I know he would read them all, and he would wrestle sometimes when somebody made a particularly good analytical argument against what he was doing. But in the end, he believed he had a logical, reasonable answer to that.”

- Jack Brennan, Bengals former PR director

“I’m not deaf to outside opinion. I’m aware of it. That doesn’t mean I always agree. I’ll do what I think I should do. You have the freedom to tell me that I shouldn’t. And you do. Fine. That ain’t gonna change.” 

- Mike Brown, 2017, Cincinnati Magazine

Translation---go **** yourself, Cincinnati.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly though, Mike has always thought the fans, media and critics were out in left field and couldn't appreciate his way of doing things. I understand what you're saying about the injury excuse and it did have a big impact on the season and Mike will use it...but really, if it wasn't that, he would find something else to blame this year on. It's just what he does, what he's always done. He's always been long on excuses and short on results. 

It's like this--100 people are in a room.  99 see things a certain way.  The other guy is convinced all those other people are wrong.  Unless the one guy is Einstein, he is the definition of an asshole.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a list of every NFL GM/coach/owner who thinks the fans know more than them.  .  .  .  

*Stop trying to act like Mike Brown is Satan because he thinks the same way as every other owner/GM in the league.*

Sure Oppo.  Ah yes, hiding behind the completely bogus notion that this shit is rocket science.  It ain't.  Lots of dumbasses have had   long and prosperous careers in the NFL.  

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:38 PM)McC Wrote: It's like this--100 people are in a room.  99 see things a certain way.  The other guy is convinced all those other people are wrong.  Unless the one guy is Einstein, he is the definition of an asshole.  

Egotistical Arrogant Asshole

Mikey fancies himself an excellent GM/owner who has blessed the city and fans with marvelous opportunity to view his masterpiece.

In his mind it's only by a series of unfortunate events and the bumbling of others that have denied him. He, himself is above reproach !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:43 PM)McC Wrote: Sure Oppo.  Ah yes, hiding behind the completely bogus notion that this shit is rocket science.  It ain't.  Lots of dumbasses have had long and prosperous careers in the NFL.  

Well if it is so easy, and none of you guys "accept mediocrity" then why aren't you all making millions winning super bowls for NFL teams?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well if it is so easy, and none of you guys "accept mediocrity" then why aren't you all making millions winning super bowls for NFL teams?

The flow of goofy, ridiculous statements is strong in you, Oppo.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well if it is so easy, and none of you guys "accept mediocrity" then why aren't you all making millions winning super bowls for NFL teams?

That's like asking people who didn't like Kate Upton getting married why they're not Justin Verlander. Sad
Reply/Quote
Why, oh why, do you so many of you continue to address Fred’s BS posts? You know all he’s doing is stirring s*** up hoping to get a rise out of you, so why even bother? You’ve done a good job ignoring him for awhile, but now he’s back with a vengeance because you stopped playing his game for so long. Just ignore him. All he’s doing is being a contrarian and trolling for attention.

Do not feed the Fred
Reply/Quote

If I had the coin to purchase a team.....or my deddy gave me one to play with (like Son of Paul), I'd damn sure give it a shot!  Of course, using common sense, I'd actually hire a GM to start with, but what do I know? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

By your statement, then why isn't Merv and Mike not winning Super Bowls?
Reply/Quote
If he didn't care so much about what the fans thought, why does he read and respond to letters?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: I do think that the Injury out for 2018 is one that Mike can easily sink his teeth into.

If Antonio Brown and Big Ben had gone down for the rest of the 2018 season, then the Steelers would be finished & their Fans would likely understand.

Mike may then expect Bengal Fans to understand when AJ Green & Dalton both go down, plus many other injuries.

Fans that won't factor this in may seem out of touch to Mike.

This is exactly his problem. lets judge this year by this year only and not look at the entire body of work to compared to it. Lets ignore the complete and utter enormous amount of data available for you to make an educated decision, and land on "injuries suck".  I get injuries (especially to your QB) can derail a season, but for ***** sake they've won 5 PO games in it's entire history. He's won 0 as an owner. There's teams with more SB wins than that. Mike is out of touch with reality.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If he didn't care so much about what the fans thought, why does he read and respond to letters?

He's always tried to convince the fans, through individual responses or open letters to the public, that he knows what he's doing and that his way will ultimately work. Like Brennan said, even when Mike thinks critics have a good point, he feels he's the one with the right answer.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 01:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's always tried to convince the fans, through individual responses or open letters to the public, that he knows what he's doing and that his way will ultimately work. Like Brennan said, even when Mike thinks critics have a good point, he feels he's the one with the right answer.

So he cares...but only because he wants them to blindly take his word for it? It's pretty naive for what I am sure is a very smart man. He has to understand where they're coming from or does it just for arrogance. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except the Bengals were 5-6 in Dalton's 11 starts.

You don't get to blame a losing season on your QB getting hurt if you were already losing through almost 3/4ths of the season passed before he got hurt.

Ben Roethlisberger only made 11 starts in 2015 when the Steelers beat the Bengals. Le'Veon Bell played 6 games that season.

The key is Antonio Brown. He has played in 14+ games in a season every year since he took over as WR1 in 2013 after Mike Wallace left.
AJ hasn't had the durability of Antonio Brown and it's hurt the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Turn on talk Radio in Cincinnati and you will hear the outrage from Radio Hosts, guests and fans phoning in.

All likely hoping that Mike & Marvin are listening and ready to admit defeat & make Big changes.

But how may Mike & Marvin really view all of this ?

I tend to think they will see themselves as the True NFL Experts & best equipped to diagnose the 2018 season.

In Mike & Marvin's mind they are likely "the 5 Straight Playoff Organization" & 2018 was merely derailed by a MASH UNIT of injuries.

AJ Green, Dalton, Preston Brown, Burfict, Eifert, Tyler Kroft, Glasgow, Carl Lawson, Cordy Glenn,  etc.

Mike & Marvin may view the Fan outrage as a Juvenile response that unfairly labels their 2018 team.

I doubt the outcry of Talk Radio and elsewhere moves even the tip of the Organization's Iceberg towards Major Change.

Marvin even seems to have a spring in his step on the sidelines with a walkie talkie & Hue at his side. In the Trenches Coaching the Defense once again.

I think Marvin is actually gearing up to Coach this team again in 2019 and both he and Mike are excited about heading into the Best part of the season for the Bengal Organization.  The Offseason.

Scouting players and getting ready for the Draft with a Clean Slate for the upcoming season.

Their team has the potential to be anything and everything during the Offseason.  A Hopeful & fun time.

Their Best of Times and they expect to be much Healthier in 2019 after all. Then mix in some new rookie faces.

Sky is the Limit and Average outraged Fan who they likely deem as less informed isn't going to dampen their Offseason reload. Their New Plan.

Fans hoping for and expecting Big Changes & pointing to the 2018 season as the Final Straw that breaks Mike & Marvin's back may not remember exactly who they are dealing with.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “He would get a lot of letters from people who were angry or upset with the way things had gone. I know he would read them all, and he would wrestle sometimes when somebody made a particularly good analytical argument against what he was doing. But in the end, he believed he had a logical, reasonable answer to that.”

- Jack Brennan, Bengals former PR director

“I’m not deaf to outside opinion. I’m aware of it. That doesn’t mean I always agree. I’ll do what I think I should do. You have the freedom to tell me that I shouldn’t. And you do. Fine. That ain’t gonna change.” 

- Mike Brown, 2017, Cincinnati Magazine

Never seen PBS as empty as it was against the Broncos and MB is getting frickin' old. It seems he has taken a step
back over the last year or so and Katie and Troy haven taken a step up with Marv kind of leading the show. Atleast
this is what i was thinking. If this is the case and they just ignore the fact that teams like the Patriots have injury
laden seasons all the time and still go to the Superbowl i think they will make a grave mistake.

I am not buying anymore Bengal merchandise if this is the case and neither should any of us, let alone tickets.

Still remember Troy Blackburn talking about the O-line being the problem last season and it definately was and they
made an effort, more than i can say for MB. He would of just made excuses and ignored like in these quotes.

Us fans have more right than ever to be outraged and we need some change, big time change.

Bring in a GM who actually knows football and pick an up and coming offensive minded coach to pick his entire staff.

Than the fans will not be outraged and hope will be restored.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except the Bengals were 5-6 in Dalton's 11 starts.

You don't get to blame a losing season on your QB getting hurt if you were already losing through almost 3/4ths of the season passed before he got hurt.

Ben Roethlisberger only made 11 starts in 2015 when the Steelers beat the Bengals. Le'Veon Bell played 6 games that season.

Great point, but Mikey won't be listening to anything that resembles actual logic.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I didn't.  I quoted a thread you made where you said the front office's failure to bring in more talent hurt our O-line and our O-line coaches ability to do his job.

Then you tried to play make believe and claim that Marvin Lewis controlled the free agent signings instead of Mike Brown.  You were never able to provide anything to back this claim other than stuff you made up in your own head.

You want me to post links so that everyone can read it for themselves?

You are full of cr@p, Fred.

Marvin has been here for 16 seasons.

Giving an over-arching meaning to a statement I may have made about a move here or there that the Front Office could have made as your way of ABSOLVING Marvin for 16 seasons worth of Coaching is absurd.

Outright distorting the way you do is childish.

Never said Marvin controls the Free Agent signings. I did say that he is a Part of that Front Office that you disdain. Did say that he has INFLUENCE with Mike Brown & that they work together in making Roster decisions.

It is not an ABSOLUTE influence but he has a part in shaping the very Rosters you decry as glaringly insufficient.

Marvin & Mike Brown both have a hand in sculpting these Rosters with Mike making some final calls. Fingerprints from both men.

You want to pretend that Rosters are all Mike's handy work & Marvin sits quietly waiting for each seasons Roster that is the 32nd & worst ranked Roster for 16 seasons straight from the Worst Owner of the year each and every year. Thus ABSOLVING Marvin from any blame.

Game day Rosters FLUCTUATE from week to week for every NFL team with injuries and holdouts and suspensions etc.

Marvin has NOT had the inferior Roster in all of his losses, Fred.

Maybe, just maybe, Marvin got out prepared, out thought and out Coached in some of those losses.

Think about the two bolded sentences above, Einstein.
Reply/Quote
And what about the previous 15+ years?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote