Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Mayock Top 5
He has released his first of the off season:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/15/17016560/mike-mayock-positional-rankings-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-allen-josh-rosen

Some thoughts:

I like Josh Allen more than many in this forum and it appears Mayock does as well

Has UND kids as top OT and OG

Strangely enough I listened to a Sirius interview of the Iowa C this morning and had never heard of him. Mayock has him ahead of board favorites Hernandez and Price

Has Edmunds ahead of Smith at LB

Has James as the #2 Safety in the draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Confirms to me about my wanting either

Q. Nelson
Orlando Brown
McGlinchey
Vita Vea

with our first selection.

Noticed that the link for Connor Williams goes to the one that plays DE for Utah State instead of OL from Texas.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The interior line position had me scratching my head when i saw that earlier.
I still think we go LB and then OT in the 2nd with C in the 3rd....
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The interior line position had me scratching my head when i saw that earlier.

Will not be shocked or disappointed in a LB pick in first. 

Still want trenches addressed now though and maybe some good OL slip to us later. 

Funny I say this, because two years ago wanted no OL taken because window was closing and it was time to play for now. 

Now that it is almost closed think it is time to bolster trenches and get it rolling again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
i'd bet the ranch it'll be one of the 3 OT's at #12
Williams, Brown or McGlinchey

rd #2
LB or OG

rd #3
Safety or OC
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:20 PM)Steve Wrote: i'd bet the ranch it'll be one of the 3 OT's at #12
Williams, Brown or McGlinchey

rd #2
LB or OG

rd #3
Safety or OC

Your probably gonna be out of a ranch.  All the ots are big question marks to take at 12.  If we trade down i think the chances are high that we take one of the three.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The interior line position had me scratching my head when i saw that earlier.

ThumbsUp

me too. I think they go LB or OT, and since they haven't took a LB since Keith Rivers 10 years ago, I am thinking they go OT or trade back. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:28 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Your probably gonna be out of a ranch.  All the ots are big question marks to take at 12.  If we trade down i think the chances are high that we take one of the three.

I disagree...
probably be McGlinchey....at 12
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 10:10 PM)Steve Wrote: I disagree...
probably be McGlinchey....at 12

I just don't see it.

It seems like Hobs is already saying that they will likely pass on O-line in round 1.  I completely agree.  I just don't see the value there. None of these guys are elite prospects at the position.  There's no way you should blow a top 12 pick on a guy that isn't a top tier prospect.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He has released his first of the off season:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/15/17016560/mike-mayock-positional-rankings-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-allen-josh-rosen

Some thoughts:

I like Josh Allen more than many in this forum and it appears Mayock does as well

Has UND kids as top OT and OG

Strangely enough I listened to a Sirius interview of the Iowa C this morning and had never heard of him. Mayock has him ahead of board favorites Hernandez and Price

Has Edmunds ahead of Smith at LB

Has James as the #2 Safety in the draft
The more I learn about this kid, the more I like. If dude can weigh in at 300+ at the combine, I'd definitely spend our early 2nd rd on him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The more I learn about this kid, the more I like. If dude can weigh in at 300+ at the combine, I'd definitely spend our early 2nd rd on him. 

Having endured watching him tear a new a**hole in the interior of the Buckeye defense, all game long.  I'm a believer.

However, I didn't watch enough Iowa games to see how well he matches up against the behemoth 3-4 NT style of players.

Edit: Upon reading up a bit, seems like Daniels has a history of a couple injuries and being dinged up a bit. Just hoping that his decision to leave Iowa early, wasn't because he wants to cash in before a big injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 11:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I just don't see it.

It seems like Hobs is already saying that they will likely pass on O-line in round 1.  I completely agree.  I just don't see the value there. None of these guys are elite prospects at the position.  There's no way you should blow a top 12 pick on a guy that isn't a top tier prospect.

Nelson is the best guard prospect in a while. Better than DeCastro coming out. Most pundits have him as the single safest pick in the Draft, and a likely multi-time Pro Bowler.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having endured watching him tear a new a**hole in the interior of the Buckeye defense, all game long.  I'm a believer.

However, I didn't watch enough Iowa games to see how well he matches up against the behemoth 3-4 NT style of players.

Edit:  Upon reading up a bit, seems like Daniels has a history of a couple injuries and being dinged up a bit.  Just hoping that his decision to leave Iowa early, wasn't because he wants to cash in before a big injury.

That game still eats at you doesn't it?  :) 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This draft is nice because we have so many needs that the front office would have to work really hard in order to **** it up. You got OT, OG and LB all with premium prospects potentially available at 12 that would immediately improve this team for the immediate future. Then, you have Center, which may or may not have a player worth the #12 slot but is a possibility if Price or Daniels impresses at the combine and in interviews. And then you have Safety which would be a no impact selection this year (cuz Merv is not going to start a rookie over Illoka or Williams), but could be starting in 2 or so years...Not ideal, but a possibility.

My top 5 players for our selection (assuming we don't pick BPA/QB):
1. Quentin Nelson
2. Tremaine Edwards
3. Roquan Smith
4. Mike McGlinchey
5. James Daniels/Billy Price

All immediate starters at a significant weakness on the team Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 09:46 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This draft is nice because we have so many needs that the front office would have to work really hard in order to **** it up. You got OT, OG and LB all with premium prospects potentially available at 12 that would immediately improve this team for the immediate future. Then, you have Center, which may or may not have a player worth the #12 slot but is a possibility if Price or Daniels impresses at the combine and in interviews. And then you have Safety which would be a no impact selection this year (cuz Merv is not going to start a rookie over Illoka or Williams), but could be starting in 2 or so years...Not ideal, but a possibility.

My top 5 players for our selection (assuming we don't pick BPA/QB):
1. Quentin Nelson
2. Tremaine Edwards
3. Roquan Smith
4. Mike McGlinchey
5. James Daniels/Billy Price

All immediate starters at a significant weakness on the team Big Grin.

I'd take most the talent that should be there at 12, heck I'd even take a QB is it was Rosen. 
Reply/Quote