Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mike Mic'd up
(01-27-2022, 04:01 PM)pally Wrote:

God, do I love this team.

Hilton coming here BEFORE THE CHANGE EVEN HAPPENED.  He saw something and he said he wanted to be a part of the change.  I love that guy's toughness and playmaking ability.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Listening to Moving the Chains yesterday, and there was a Pissburgh fan that called in whining because now that Fat Jen is gone, they don't have a QB. He wanted them to sign Trubisky and draft a QB to sit a year. Pat Kirwin told him "I want you to watch the Kansas City Cincinnati game on Sunday, and focus on Joe Burrow. That is what you have to deal with for the next 15 years." I seriously thought the guy was going to cut his wrists right there on the radio...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I love how Mike is like we this we that that's why "we" draft a Kicker. It's as if he's been a bengal for decades. Steeler fans have to hate to hear it. Did he ever get to the AFC conference championship as a Steeler? I don't think so. Crazy to think signing with the Bengals was a great career move for some of these free agents. Times has changed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: I love how Mike is like we this we that that's why "we" draft a Kicker. It's as if he's been a bengal for decades. Steeler fans have to hate to hear it. Did he ever get to the AFC conference championship as a Steeler? I don't think so. Crazy to think signing with the Bengals was a great career move for some of these free agents. Times has changed.

I don't think Mike even won a playoff game in Shitsburgh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He said he felt undervalued and unappreciated in Pissburgh. He's got to be over the moon happy here.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: I love how Mike is like we this we that that's why "we" draft a Kicker. It's as if he's been a bengal for decades. Steeler fans have to hate to hear it. Did he ever get to the AFC conference championship as a Steeler? I don't think so. Crazy to think signing with the Bengals was a great career move for some of these free agents. Times has changed.

As Wyche said, never even won a playoff game in Pissburgh. Awesome that he comes here to get it done as you say.

Also, like you said, what a great teammate. Loved how he said best in the league after his pick on Tannehill.

I think he is the best Slot Corner in the league, he is a playmaker that does things other Slot Corners don't.

Great blitzer/pass rusher, good tackler, good in coverage and creates turnovers whether through FF's or INTS.
Reply/Quote
This team has the same kind of vibe with how they play for each other as the last Super Bowl team.

Even if you weren't a fan or alive for that last team they've been running alot of specials lately where you can see how those guys liked each other and still do. Burrow, Hilton, Wilson, McPherson, Hendrickson and others seem to have that same thing happening anytime they interview them or you see these mic moments.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He had a line in there where he said “I’m really the best slot in the league”

Having a great game VS Tyreke Hill on this big stage would prove that. Mike needs to be great for us to win. Tre Flowers will need to have his best game as a pro against Travis Kelce.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
...and all this time I thought it was gonna be Mike Brown mic'ed up for the game.. because he always exudes excitement when he talks..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote