Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Mitchell Continues To Play Steelers' Football!
(10-16-2017, 02:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Burfict is the current whipping boy of the NFL. They're going to break him and make an example of him since hs is a high profile player. The Steelers and their fans went through the exact same thing with James Harrison several years ago. Harrison left a bad enough fart on the field and he was flagged and fined for it. I get the Bengals fans frustrations when it comes to him, especially the latest suspension. Give it time, he will change, the league will leave him alone and move on to the next example. 

I agree with you, and so did James Harrison concerning Burfict.  That being said, if the league is serious about "player safety", then they need to take a cue from their handbook on 92 and 55 and start looking at Mitchell.  I mean, Danny Trevathan has no reputation that I am aware of, and he got suspended.  If ol Rog lets this one go, something doesn't smell right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Burfict is the current whipping boy of the NFL. They're going to break him and make an example of him since hs is a high profile player. The Steelers and their fans went through the exact same thing with James Harrison several years ago. Harrison left a bad enough fart on the field and he was flagged and fined for it. I get the Bengals fans frustrations when it comes to him, especially the latest suspension. Give it time, he will change, the league will leave him alone and move on to the next example. 

And I  was   one of those who hated Harrison because he killed us, but never thought he was dirty.  He just played football the way all of us were taught but very few of us achieved.  Burfict is the same way except for the extra-curriculars like ankle twisting.  That seems to be in the past and hopefully it remains there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And I  was   one of those who hated Harrison because he killed us, but never thought he was dirty.  He just played football the way all of us were taught but very few of us achieved.  Burfict is the same way except for the extra-curriculars like ankle twisting.  That seems to be in the past and hopefully it remains there.

Agreed, at the time, those hits were legal.  Harrison played on the edge, no doubt, but he was within the rules at the time.  Burfict absolutely has cleaned up his act, it's time the league acknowledge it, and take that into consideration moving forward.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If that was a shove, my name is Bo Peep. 

It was a good excuse, is what it was. 

Burfict got "shoved" into Ben's knee once...but no excuses were allowed.
Exactly.

I'm blown away by the bullshit excuses Ravens and Steelers fans try to come up with.
(10-16-2017, 02:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And where have I defended Mitchell's actions? I was just pointing out the blatantly biased position of requesting more contextual information on one and dismissing contextual information of the other.
I saw Mitchell diving at Smith's knees! There was no context!

What are you talking about?!
(10-16-2017, 02:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To take down Smith or just in the heat of the moment? IDK

And I honestly don't know if Mitchell went at Smith's knee with full force. Like I said, we saw it from behind 3 other guys obscuring the view. 
Heat of the moment, he would have been worrying about taking down Smith, not having a split-second thought of "I'll throw Mitchell into Smith to bring him down!"

There's different views where you can see that he went at his knees.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, it's something I've known for a long time. Pittsburgh fans (note: not just Steelers fans, but fans of Pittsburgh teams overall) should all know about it. While the Steelers have long been a favorite in football, we have the Pirates that suffer due to this sort of thing.

Again, there is a reason I don't spend any money with the NFL (or any sports leagues or teams).

I wish MLB had a salary cap like the NFL does because the Pirates owner is so cheap and the Pirates can't compete with the big dogs. I have never actually seen the Pirates win a World Series. I hope someday before I'm old and senile, that I'll be able to see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:08 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Go start a thread about it. This is about mike Mitchell.

"But what about...duh... da t oder guy... uh duh...." says every Steelers fan ever.

(10-16-2017, 12:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Isn't that what all the bitching by Bengals fans on here amounts to, though? I mean, most of the butthurt I see here and over in JN is comparing it to the treatment of Burfict. Trying to talk about dirty hits by Steelers players is this same sentiment. 

I want consistency in the way these things are penalized because one of the reasons I don't watch many games or spend any money with the NFL is just that and how it creates an unfair situation among the teams. But we all ought to be careful throwing stones in our glass houses.

Yeah this isn't strictly a Steelers thing. Every fan base does it, including the Bengals'. Every time a Steelers fan mentions Burfict there are 100 Bengal fans ready to shout, "Mike Mitchell! James Harrison! The guy who ended Ken Anderson's career ahhhhh!" You can't just generalize and entire fan base that has hundreds of thousands of people and realize that every fan base has its share of reactionary morons.  

With that said Mitchell is a POS and Burfict is a POS on the field, though it does seem he has tried to clean it up a bit. 

BFritz21 Wrote:There was no context in Mitchell's other than him being a dirty player!

Typical Steelers fan trying anything to defend their players being pieces of shit!

Example 1 from my fan base.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brad. Like you buddy, but your hatred for Mitchell obviously stems from his days at highlands. I'm not a fan of him, his play or certainly his team; but the root of your disdain weakens the argument.

Is he a dirty player? Sure. Is it a double standard compared to how the league deals with Tez? Probably.

Does he deserve this amount of your mental attention? Absolutely not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Brad.  Like you buddy, but your hatred for Mitchell obviously stems from his days at highlands.  I'm not a fan of him, his play or certainly his team; but the root of your disdain weakens the argument.

Is he a dirty player? Sure.  Is it a double standard compared to how the league deals with Tez?  Probably.

Does he deserve this amount of your mental attention?  Absolutely not.

Stop trying to reason with Brad; it only sets him off more.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And I  was   one of those who hated Harrison because he killed us, but never thought he was dirty.  He just played football the way all of us were taught but very few of us achieved.  Burfict is the same way except for the extra-curriculars like ankle twisting.  That seems to be in the past and hopefully it remains there.

(10-16-2017, 02:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed, at the time, those hits were legal.  Harrison played on the edge, no doubt, but he was within the rules at the time.  Burfict absolutely has cleaned up his act, it's time the league acknowledge it, and take that into consideration moving forward.

This. An illegal and reckless tackle of a receiver is still a football play. Stupid, avoidable and fine-able but none-the-less a football play.  Ankle twisting and after the play stuff is not football and should be auto ejection and suspension. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Brad. Like you buddy, but your hatred for Mitchell obviously stems from his days at highlands. I'm not a fan of him, his play or certainly his team; but the root of your disdain weakens the argument.

Is he a dirty player? Sure. Is it a double standard compared to how the league deals with Tez? Probably.

Does he deserve this amount of your mental attention? Absolutely not.
My hate started from the fact that he shit on CCH, but the hate now is independent of that and is because he's a dirty player for the Steelers that's annoyingly arrogant when he's not even that good.

He's a dirty player and I'd hate any Steelers player that was that dirty just as much (see Hines Ward).
(10-16-2017, 08:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Stop trying to reason with Brad; it only sets him off more.

Coming from a Steelers fans when Steelers fans are the most delusional and unreasonable fans in the history of sports.

Hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This. An illegal and reckless tackle of a receiver is still a football play. Stupid, avoidable and fine-able but none-the-less a football play.  Ankle twisting and after the play stuff is not football and should be auto ejection and suspension. 

Spearing someone in the head is not a football move.  If you have ever actually played football at any level you would know this. And trying to compare Burfict ankle twist - as stupid as it was - to someone spearing someone in the head is a false equivalency.  One has the potential to kill someone,  the other has the potential to cause an ankle sprain at at the very worst. And btw I am not defending Burfict here, just pointing out your stupidity in thinking spearing someone with your helmet is an actual football move.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:20 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Spearing someone in the head is not a football move.  If you have ever actually played football at any level you would know this. And trying to compare Burfict ankle twist - as stupid as it was - to someone spearing someone in the head is a false equivalency.  One has the potential to kill someone,  the other has the potential to cause an ankle sprain at at the very worst. And btw I am not defending Burfict here, just pointing out your stupidity in thinking spearing someone with your helmet is an actual football move.
A blatant and intentional attempt to spear and target the helmet is just as bad in my book.  In the current NFL though, most of those hits are bang bang plays caused by poor form, not to cause head trauma.
Reply/Quote
Good morning. I stink Mitchell is worse than Burfict. Mitchell intentionally tries to hurt people with dirty hits. Burfict is just a low IQ dumbass who doesn't know any better.
Thank you for your time.
Brad see my sig.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 06:36 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Mitchell intentionally tries to hurt people with dirty hits.  

[Image: Douchebag.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This. An illegal and reckless tackle of a receiver is still a football play. Stupid, avoidable and fine-able but none-the-less a football play.  Ankle twisting and after the play stuff is not football and should be auto ejection and suspension. 

Oh I agree.....and to keep it in the spirit of the smack forum, you mean stuff like this?

[Image: screen-shot-2017-09-10-at-1-24-57-pm.jpg...598&crop=1]

Ninja Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh I agree.....and to keep it in the spirit of the smack forum, you mean stuff like this?

[Image: screen-shot-2017-09-10-at-1-24-57-pm.jpg...598&crop=1]

Ninja Wink

That was a football play. It was a block. It was a 'Jeremy Hills ball security in big games' level block, but a block it was. Probably worthy of a holding call, not deserving of anything more other than a laugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: Douchebag.png]

Mike Mitchell on his way to steal your girl.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:26 AM)6andcounting Wrote: That was a football play. It was a block. It was a 'Jeremy Hills ball security in big games' level block, but a block it was. Probably worthy of a holding call, not deserving of anything more other than a laugh.

Rolleyes LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:26 AM)6andcounting Wrote: That was a football play. It was a block. It was a 'Jeremy Hills ball security in big games' level block, but a block it was. Probably worthy of a holding call, not deserving of anything more other than a laugh.

All aboard for a ride on the lolercoaster!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: Douchebag.png]

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote