Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Mitchell Continues To Play Steelers' Football!
(10-17-2017, 04:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All aboard for a ride on the lolercoaster!

Bo Peep, is that you?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What are you talking about?!
Heat of the moment, he would have been worrying about taking down Smith, not having a split-second thought of "I'll throw Mitchell into Smith to bring him down!"

Brad I know you get on rants and like to lump all the steeler fans here into the "yinzer" category, but on this one you are off base quite a ways. Belsnickle (or as some of us still know him the cigar aficionado know as Matt) is probably one of the most level headed and non-biased posters around here. I don't see him defended mitchell at all in the thread, for the most part I don't see many people defending this move.

(10-16-2017, 05:38 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wish MLB had a salary cap like the NFL does because the Pirates owner is so cheap and the Pirates can't compete with the big dogs. I have never actually seen the Pirates win a World Series. I hope someday before I'm old and senile, that I'll be able to see it.

No doubt. Would be really cool to draft good talent, develop it and be able to keep it. Johan Santana would have stayed with the Twins, Pedro with the Expos, Cueto would still be a Red, lots of cases where the Boston's, New York's, Chicago's and L.A.'s of the league buy up every free agent with just stupid $$$$. No one needs a $300 million contract.

(10-16-2017, 08:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This. An illegal and reckless tackle of a receiver is still a football play. Stupid, avoidable and fine-able but none-the-less a football play.  Ankle twisting and after the play stuff is not football and should be auto ejection and suspension. 

I'm....stunned.

Did someone hack your account??? This is an actual, factual non-biased and real observational post....

I...I can't figure out how this came out of you....  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:26 AM)6andcounting Wrote: That was a football play. It was a block. It was a 'Jeremy Hills ball security in big games' level block, but a block it was. Probably worthy of a holding call, not deserving of anything more other than a laugh.

It was after he threw an interception.  Why would he be blocking after throwing an interception?

Here's another fun hit by Mitchell from Sunday:  https://twitter.com/buckeyebeavon/status/919742799221788672

But hey, at least he's not an ankle twister... oh, wait... https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/919740841031331840
Reply/Quote
Mitchell is a dirtbag
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:01 PM)MrRager Wrote: Yeah this isn't strictly a Steelers thing. Every fan base does it, including the Bengals'. Every time a Steelers fan mentions Burfict there are 100 Bengal fans ready to shout, "Mike Mitchell! James Harrison! The guy who ended Ken Anderson's career ahhhhh!" You can't just generalize and entire fan base that has hundreds of thousands of people and realize that every fan base has its share of reactionary morons.  

With that said Mitchell is a POS and Burfict is a POS on the field, though it does seem he has tried to clean it up a bit. 

But the difference is that the Bengals are bashed to no end in the media for every little thing they do and the Steelers get a free pass on everything they do.

A Steelers player could take out a sledge hammer, break our players legs, and then squat over him at midfield and take a shit on his chest and our player would be bashed in the national media for not handing him toilet paper when he finished.

(10-16-2017, 07:01 PM)MrRager Wrote: Example 1 from my fan base.
You post about me having a bias and claiming I'm a moron when every post you've ever replied to of mine is just filled with a massive bias and empty rhetoric, and yet you somehow act like it has value.

The irony is so pathetic that it would be laughable if it didn't further point out your character, or lack thereof.
Reply/Quote
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/10/18/mike-mitchell-violent-loser-no-business-playing-nfl-steelers-charcandrick-west/

Go look at the embedded video on the link.

Not Much different than what burfict did to cam, yet no mention nationally.
Reply/Quote
Why does Mitchell get the benefit of the doubt that he was "shoved"? The dude is dirty and has always been dirty.

If it takes that kind of "shove" for him to go toppling over onto the ground then he shouldnt be playing in the NFL. He was barely touched.

There is a double standard in the NFL when it comes to the Steelers and the Bengals. I dont get it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Brad.  Like you buddy, but your hatred for Mitchell obviously stems from his days at highlands.  I'm not a fan of him, his play or certainly his team; but the root of your disdain weakens the argument.

Is he a dirty player? Sure.  Is it a double standard compared to how the league deals with Tez?  Probably.

Does he deserve this amount of your mental attention?  Absolutely not.

Im with Brad. It can be pretty maddening at times. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 12:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why does Mitchell get the benefit of the doubt that he was "shoved"? The dude is dirty and has always been dirty.

If it takes that kind of "shove" for him to go toppling over onto the ground then he shouldnt be playing in the NFL. He was barely touched.

There is a double standard in the NFL when it comes to the Steelers and the Bengals. I dont get it.

Oh, it's not just the Bengals.  Trevathan didn't even have any "priors" that I recollect, yet he got two games (deservedly so) for his cheap shot.......crickets at the league office for Mitchell.  As I stated earlier in this thread, or the other one, if they don't suspend him, something smells like shit besides Rog in the league office.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My question is why aren't more people talking about the head hunting of Charcandrick West? It was equally if not more dangerous/egregious than the Smith hit. Mitchell is being fined nearly 50k for the Smith hit but all I hear is crickets about West, not to mention West was the guy affected when Mitchell was trying to break legs a couple years back. Seems to me like he needs a restraining order against Mitchell at this point.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:56 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: My question is why aren't more people talking about the head hunting of Charcandrick West?  It was equally if not more dangerous/egregious than the Smith hit.  Mitchell is being fined nearly 50k for the Smith hit but all I hear is crickets about West, not to mention West was the guy affected when Mitchell was trying to break legs a couple years back.  Seems to me like he needs a restraining order against Mitchell at this point.

Good point.....and 50k is fuggin' weak sauce.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:56 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: My question is why aren't more people talking about the head hunting of Charcandrick West?  It was equally if not more dangerous/egregious than the Smith hit.  Mitchell is being fined nearly 50k for the Smith hit but all I hear is crickets about West, not to mention West was the guy affected when Mitchell was trying to break legs a couple years back.  Seems to me like he needs a restraining order against Mitchell at this point.

What's the legality of that one since he wasn't a defenseless player?  Does it go back to the rule made after Shazier's hit on Gio?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

I hadn't even seen that one but yeah that's about as dirty as you can get.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What's the legality of that one since he wasn't a defenseless player?  Does it go back to the rule made after Shazier's hit on Gio?

Defenseless or not, it was still dirty.  

Also, I know he's not technically "defenseless" in the definition of the NFL, but he's being tackled and can't move, so Mitchell just lays into him.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Defenseless or not, it was still dirty.  

Also, I know he's not technically "defenseless" in the definition of the NFL, but he's being tackled and can't move, so Mitchell just lays into him.

A similar dirty hit was made by Danny Trevathan, and warranted a suspension for him......in fact, almost exactly like each other.

Nothing to see here, move along. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 04:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: A similar dirty hit was made by Danny Trevathan, and warranted a suspension for him......in fact, almost exactly like each other.

Nothing to see here, move along. Mellow

Pathetic of the NFL but very typical.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But the difference is that the Bengals are bashed to no end in the media for every little thing they do and the Steelers get a free pass on everything they do.

A Steelers player could take out a sledge hammer, break our players legs, and then squat over him at midfield and take a shit on his chest and our player would be bashed in the national media for not handing him toilet paper when he finished.

You post about me having a bias and claiming I'm a moron when every post you've ever replied to of mine is just filled with a massive bias and empty rhetoric, and yet you somehow act like it has value.

The irony is so pathetic that it would be laughable if it didn't further point out your character, or lack thereof.
What does the media have to do with people generalizing entire fanbases? It is an entirely irrelevant to the discussion of people constantly saying, "Steelers fans always point out someone else instead of mentioning Mitchell, or typical Steelers fan!!!" Our fans do it too and you can't just generalize a group of probably a million people. Hell you even called me a "typical Steelers fan" before, probably for not laughing hysterically at a Ben=rape joke. We have our own fans who fall into the "typical Bengals fan" group. If a Steelers fan bring up Burfict, there will always be a few people going on about Mitchell and how Burfict is fine. If a Steelers fan brings up Mixon or Pacman's past there will always be at least one Bengals fan yelling about Ben rape. Same with Ravens and Lewis/Rice.

The conversation was about how every fanbase has those idiots. It had nothing to do with the media's portrayal of the franchises. That's why I pointed your post out since you went after Matt calling him a typical Steelers fan when he said nothing in defense of Mitchell. You were actively proving my point. 

And I guess pointing out how you were calling out Matt for no reason and not reading what he said, but generalizing him as a "typical Steelers fan" is somehow me being bias in your mind. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 09:45 PM)MrRager Wrote: What does the media have to do with people generalizing entire fanbases? It is an entirely irrelevant to the discussion of people constantly saying, "Steelers fans always point out someone else instead of mentioning Mitchell, or typical Steelers fan!!!" Our fans do it too and you can't just generalize a group of probably a million people. Hell you even called me a "typical Steelers fan" before, probably for not laughing hysterically at a Ben=rape joke. We have our own fans who fall into the "typical Bengals fan" group. If a Steelers fan bring up Burfict, there will always be a few people going on about Mitchell and how Burfict is fine. If a Steelers fan brings up Mixon or Pacman's past there will always be at least one Bengals fan yelling about Ben rape. Same with Ravens and Lewis/Rice.

The conversation was about how every fanbase has those idiots. It had nothing to do with the media's portrayal of the franchises. That's why I pointed your post out since you went after Matt calling him a typical Steelers fan when he said nothing in defense of Mitchell. You were actively proving my point. 

And I guess pointing out how you were calling out Matt for no reason and not reading what he said, but generalizing him as a "typical Steelers fan" is somehow me being bias in your mind. 

You try and redirect, like always.

Steelers are portrayed as Gods of football and the model franchise in the NFL, so the Steelers fans just also ride with that and assume that identity.

Perception is reality to Steelers fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You try and redirect, like always.

Steelers are portrayed as Gods of football and the model franchise in the NFL, so the Steelers fans just also ride with that and assume that identity.

Perception is reality to Steelers fans.

Ok
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hadn't even seen that one but yeah that's about as dirty as you can get.

That is the bias of Brad in full force. You admit you didn't see the play but claim it's about as dirty as you can get? Yes Mitchell has made some questionable calls that should call for a suspension, but come on, at least see the plays before you go lynching him and claiming them as the dirtiest. Otherwise you just look plain foolish.
Reply/Quote