Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Mitchell- Steeler Hypocrisy
(12-13-2017, 03:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's the losing that bothers the fans...not the BS that one or two guys say.  

Yep. The reason the Steelers v Ravens is such an intense, yet respectful rivalry is because they beat each other regularly. None of this one-sided BS. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A poster on a Steeler message board stated this about the last game between the Bungals and the Steelers.

" One was in the arguably friendlier confines of Paul Brown Stadium, where the Steelers are what, 14-2, including a pair of playoff wins since shortly past the onset of the 21st century? They make common practice of dispatching tiger-striped idiots to the escalators early whilst Steeler Nations pillages the venue."   Hilarious

Funny huh?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. The reason the Steelers v Ravens is such an intense, yet respectful rivalry is because they beat each other regularly. None of this one-sided BS. 

And because of this one-sidedness is the no. 1 reason you folks hate the Steelers so much. You hate the fact they're always good.

The same reason Steeler fans hate the Pats so much.
Hopefully that begins to change starting Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:47 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: A poster on a Steeler message board stated this about the last game between the Bungals and the Steelers.

" One was in the arguably friendlier confines of Paul Brown Stadium, where the Steelers are what, 14-2, including a pair of playoff wins since shortly past the onset of the 21st century? They make common practice of dispatching tiger-striped idiots to the escalators early whilst Steeler Nations pillages the venue."   Hilarious

Funny huh?

Due to their success I find it odd, but I really feel a lot of Steelers fans are insecure and need validation.  They seem to need people to mention their towels and how they travel so well. They seem to need to be heard and recognized.  I'm not just saying this as smack.  I really believe this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Due to their success I find it odd, but I really feel a lot of Steelers fans are insecure and need validation.  They seem to need people to mention their towels and how they travel so well. They seem to need to be heard and recognized.  I'm not just saying this as smack.  I really believe this.

I always see it the other way: Steelers fans do travel well, but it's on the lazy talking heads that keep mentioning it.  Like every time the team has a prime time game there's an over/under bet on how soon the idiot announcer will mention the "confluence", or call it "The Steel City" and then explain what that means, or talk abou the towels in the crowd.

We enjoy the history of the team and the town, but the announcers assume they are talking to a new audience every game.  In general practice I don't have a problem with that.  Every time can be someone's first time.  But in pro football I don't think the turnover is great enough to keep falling back on the same talking points.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: I always see it the other way: Steelers fans do travel well, but it's on the lazy talking heads that keep mentioning it.  Like every time the team has a prime time game there's an over/under bet on how soon the idiot announcer will mention the "confluence", or call it "The Steel City" and then explain what that means, or talk abou the towels in the crowd.

We enjoy the history of the team and the town, but the announcers assume they are talking to a new audience every game.  In general practice I don't have a problem with that.  Every time can be someone's first time.  But in pro football I don't think the turnover is great enough to keep falling back on the same talking points.

Oh the confluence always gets me.  "Hey look at the word I know."  If they held built Heinz somewhere else I swear they would say, "Heinz Field located just two miles south of the confluence Monongahela and Allegheny to form the Ohio River."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh the confluence always gets me.  "Hey look at the word I know."  If they held built Heinz somewhere else I swear they would say, "Heinz Field located just two miles south of the confluence Monongahela and Allegheny to form the Ohio River."

Pittsburghers never use the word confluence. The only time we hear it is during NFL games. 

And if Heinz were anywhere else, we'd say "It's dahn neer jus past da point n'at" 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Pittsburghers never use the word confluence. The only time we hear it is during NFL games. 

And if Heinz were anywhere else, we'd say "It's dahn neer jus past da point n'at" 

Yeah I mean the announcers.  

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Due to their success I find it odd, but I really feel a lot of Steelers fans are insecure and need validation.  They seem to need people to mention their towels and how they travel so well. They seem to need to be heard and recognized.  I'm not just saying this as smack.  I really believe this.

I'm  Sure there are Steeler fans out there that this could be true of. Not on this board of course. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. The reason the Steelers v Ravens is such an intense, yet respectful rivalry is because they beat each other regularly. None of this one-sided BS. 

That's what happens when you have fans who have more pride than the owner.  I can't imagine getting whipped by a team like that year after year, and being able to sleep at night until I fixed it.  You have to not care.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:47 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: A poster on a Steeler message board stated this about the last game between the Bungals and the Steelers.

Funny huh?

Sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. 

Your niece/nephew?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. 

Your niece/nephew?

Hilarious  Quick, pull my finger. Hilarious
Reply/Quote