Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Mitchell's A Trashy Punk
Remember when he tried to jump over the line last season when the offense was taking a knee to end the game and even one of his own teammates called him out on it?

Now, multiple sources are saying he told AJ Green "you're next," after he took A CHEAP SHOT AT A DEFENSELESS MARVIN JONES, WHO WAS STRETCHED OUT TRYING TO CATCH THE BALL:

[Image: Animation_10.0.gif]

Quote:Celebrating right after the hit while running across the field is exactly what the Steelers criticized Burfict for doing, and they turned right around and did the same thing to Jones, minutes later.

But Mitchell is going to ignore that for the sake of making the Bengals and Burfict look bad. For all they knew, that hit could have busted Jones' spleen, given him a concussion or something worse as he laid there in pain. It's sickening to ever see a player celebrating someone else's injury and foolish to put blame on someone without truly knowing what was going through their mind.

Point being, the Steelers are hypocrites for calling out Burfict for possibly celebrating Bell's injury while their own players celebrated Jones' injury, in the same game. Making this even more egregious for Pittsburgh was Mitchell told A.J. Green, "you’re next," after the hit on Jones, indicating he planned to cause some harm to Green as well, per multiple media sources.

So, not only are the Steelers criticizing Burfict for an act they also committed, but their own player even suggested they were ready to injure another Bengals player in the same manner. Also, we can't forget Mitchell's big hit last season that left Green concussed. In case you forgot, concussions are a very scary thing, and Green's concussion left him unable to play in the Bengals' Wild Card playoff game against the Colts.

Again, none of this is meant to defend Burfict and what he may or may not have done, but to point out the ridiculous level of hypocrisy the Steelers showed on Sunday.

Also, in case you didn't realize, Mitchell ended up leaving the game with a potential concussion of his own and will now be going through the league's concussion protocol; karma certainly is something.

I've said all-along that he's a punk and he's proving it more and more.

Will the Steelers discipline him or even cut him, or will they simply look the other way because he's a starter?
Reply/Quote
Who?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember when he tried to jump over the line last season when the offense was taking a knee to end the game and even one of his own teammates called him out on it?

Now, multiple sources are saying he told AJ Green "you're next," after he took A CHEAP SHOT AT A DEFENSELESS MARVIN JONES, WHO WAS STRETCHED OUT TRYING TO CATCH THE BALL:

Will the Steelers discipline him or even cut him, or will they simply look the other way because he's a starter?

It was a good, clean hit on Marvin, nothing cheap or dirty about it.  Naturally, he got excited about it.  His schtick to Green is probably just trash talk and/or some gamesmanship.  I'm not a Mitchell fan, but I really don't see anything wrong with what he did.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)Whatever Wrote: It was a good, clean hit on Marvin, nothing cheap or dirty about it.  Naturally, he got excited about it.  His schtick to Green is probably just trash talk and/or some gamesmanship.  I'm not a Mitchell fan, but I really don't see anything wrong with what he did.

I'm still waiting for the report of the two assclowns from the steelers who were coming down on Burfict to come on out and call out Mitchell's celebration. Something tells me though, just like their fans they only see it as cheap or uncalled for when it's someone wearing the opposing uniform.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't think it was a cheap hit on MLJ, that was just a tough shot across the middle. That said, if he's actively trying to hurt people, thats different.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)Whatever Wrote: It was a good, clean hit on Marvin, nothing cheap or dirty about it.  Naturally, he got excited about it.  His schtick to Green is probably just trash talk and/or some gamesmanship.  I'm not a Mitchell fan, but I really don't see anything wrong with what he did.

Not sure you're fully grasping this Smack Talk thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm still waiting for the report of the two assclowns from the steelers who were coming down on Burfict to come on out and call out Mitchell's celebration. Something tells me though, just like their fans they only see it as cheap or uncalled for when it's someone wearing the opposing uniform.

That's the Steelers, though.  If they break your punter's jaw and neck on an illegal blindside helmet to helmet hit, then that's just good tough football the way it was meant to be played, and they'll never change.  If one of their players suffers a freak injury on a completely legal tackle, the organization will whine and cry like the opposing team went Last Boy Scout on them.  Remember Tomlin bitching and moaning at Reggie last year?  That's the main reason I have zero respect for them as a team.  They can dish it out, but they have never been able to take it.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember when he tried to jump over the line last season when the offense was taking a knee to end the game and even one of his own teammates called him out on it?

Mitchell's hit on Jones wasn't a cheap shot. But he is a turd.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mitchell's hit on Jones wasn't a cheap shot. But he is a turd.

Maybe cheap shot was a bad term.

His hit wasn't big, powerful, or impressive.  He hit a defenseless receiver, so he doesn't need to act like he manned-up and stopped Jeremy Hill in a head-on collision.  I could roll through the secondary and make that hit just as good as Mitchell did.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: That's the Steelers, though.  If they break your printer's jaw and neck on an illegal blindside helmet to helmet hit, then that's just good tough football the way it was meant to be played, and they'll never change.  If one of their players suffers a freak injury on a completely legal tackle, the organization will whine and cry like the opposing team went Last Boy Scout on them.  Remember Tomlin bitching and moaning at Reggie last year?  That's the main reason I have zero respect for them as a team.  They can dish it out, but they have never been able to take it.

That is the steelers' and their fans and everyone associated with that organization. When it comes to them I like to quote Cyrus Grissom "I despise the steelers. For me, they're somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is the steelers' and their fans and everyone associated with that organization. When it comes to them I like to quote Cyrus Grissom "I despise the steelers. For me, they're somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty."

Exactly.  The Steelers whine about their players getting hurt, but they have taken cheap shots at the Bengals so many times. The Ken Anderson facemask, Carson's knee.... etc.  What stood out about that postseason was that Lisping, sickening square-jawed former coach of theirs rubbing the injury in that whole rigged 2005 playoffs.  Bill Coward is the ultimate classless idiot, and sums up Steeler Nation perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm still waiting for the report of the two assclowns from the steelers who were coming down on Burfict to come on out and call out Mitchell's celebration. Something tells me though, just like their fans they only see it as cheap or uncalled for when it's someone wearing the opposing uniform.

Confused

That was Foster, one of the o-linemen.  I heard the interview yesterday and it wasn't anything awful.  More heat of the moment stuff and he never raised his voice.

The had sound from Burfict too.  He said he did NOT know Bell was injured when he was celebrating and that they are friends.  That would make more sense tahn he "knew" or "heard" something and then jumped up and celebrated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
First of all, it was Polamalu that jumped over the line. Ninja

Second of all, getting butthurt over a hit doesn't make it a cheap hit.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:34 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Exactly.  The Steelers whine about their players getting hurt, but they have taken cheap shots at the Bengals so many times. The Ken Anderson facemask (32 years ago), Carson's knee (10 years ago).... etc.  What stood out about that postseason was that Lisping, sickening square-jawed former coach of theirs rubbing the injury in that whole rigged 2005 playoffs.(10 years ago)  Bill Coward is the ultimate classless idiot, and sums up Steeler Nation perfectly.

Reply/Quote
Vontaze could teach *****ell (see what I did there?) a thing or too about good clean tackling.

Who dey?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote:  They can dish it out, but they have never been able to take it.

This is the best way to put it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mitchell's hit on Jones wasn't a cheap shot. But he is a turd.

And not even all that much of a player.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:19 AM)6andcounting Wrote: First of all, it was Polamalu that jumped over the line. Ninja

Didn't Mitchell also try it, and hurt himself or someone else?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:19 AM)6andcounting Wrote: First of all, it was Polamalu that jumped over the line. Ninja

Just like getting butthurt over a clean tackle doesn't make it cheap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't Mitchell also try it, and hurt himself or someone else?

You are right about Mitchell trying it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap3000000425429/Mangold-bodyslams-Mitchell-in-victory-formation
Reply/Quote