Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Nugent with (2) more misses today... (6) missed PATs in last 6 games?
I didn't go back and look at the stats, but is my old-man memory correct... 6 missed PATs in 6 games? (Obviously, not counting today's missed FG Attempt)
Reply/Quote
It's in his head now. He has no confidence. He is screwed, we are screwed. They wont let him go with 3 games left. I don't see anything wrong with firing him, paying his salary, and calling on of the Cincinnati Temp Services. There has to be several. At least that way, we would know the poor guy is probably going to miss and it's less painful for all of us. Plus, we get him for $30.00 a game. Probably would still do better than Nouchebag!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair the one extra point he missed today was either the snapper &/or holder's fault. Ball wasnt even setup to be kicked. The other 40 some xps and fgs he missed this year though, well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:22 AM)Millhouse Wrote: To be fair the one extra point he missed today was either the snapper &/or holder's fault. Ball wasnt even setup to be kicked. The other 40 some xps and fgs he missed this year though, well.

Exactly. 1 of the kicks was definitely not on Nugent. That one falls on Huber. I happen to be watching it on GamePass so I rewound and took a photo and attached it. Ball was clearly laying flat on the ground prior to him kicking.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
says a lot to the other players

He's paid to make field goals and extra points....
Reply/Quote
If he isn't shit canned at the end of the year, there will be no hope for Bengal nation in the future. It just proves the theory mike brown loves being medicore. Awful is too nice of a word for him. I would rather have ray finkle
Reply/Quote
He has the most missed kicks in the NFL now.

He is clearly done at the end of the year (if they resign him I really will try, try, try to become a spectator of a different sport and quit football for good) but yeah, why not try someone out for these last three games? I get that you want people to sense they'll get to finish their contracts and maybe you want him to have a chance to go out on a more positive note but cmon, you don't get that many chances to audition kickers in front of a full stadium in games with no consequences.

And yeah, the idea that we couldn't do better is a joke. How hard could it be to find someone better than the worst kicker in the NFL. There are tons of unemployed kickers EVERY year. Give someone a shot fer crissakes.

Reply/Quote
Nuge will probably be let go at the end of the season. Next year, we need a more consistent kicker. Wonder if we'll draft a kicker or pick one up other ways?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The advantage of getting rid of him now is you can try out his replacement.
Reply/Quote
Pretty clear his ride will be over at season's end or at least should be,  but it's also a lot of hyperbole to say that just anyone else can walk in off the street to do the same job better.
I'm sure there are plenty of other people who can do a better job, but it's not as if they could just hop on a city bus and randomly pick whoever is sitting in seat 8 to replace him.. Sure , sounds great ,but i kind of doubt they're going to just dish out league minimum to anybody with more than one foot . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The advantage of getting rid of him now is you can try out his replacement.

The quality of the replacement we all want isn't just sitting by the phone, waiting for a call from the Bengals. True or false?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The advantage of getting rid of him now is you can try out his replacement.

And everyone of them have to be paid and under contract regardless of whether they are any good or not .. It's not like trying on shoes at shoemart.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:32 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: The quality of the replacement we all want isn't just sitting by the phone, waiting for a call from the Bengals. True or false?

I dunno man, several we have passed on are or were (Josh Brown) kicking every weekend, and they aren't the worst in the league. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:28 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: says a lot to the other players

He's paid to make field goals and extra points....
From a sadistic point of view, I am looking forward to seeing how many missed kicks Nugent will accumulate by the end of the Bengal's season (I.e. game 16). Yawn  It really makes no difference at this point.
Reply/Quote
He's terrible, he should have been replaced last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man, several we have passed on are or were (Josh Brown) kicking every weekend, and they aren't the worst in the league. Mellow

I actually meant that literally for 'today'. Where is Nugent's replacement now, the one all of us want to come in here and be clutch when needed? Hindsight sure tells we missed opportunities, but IF he exists right now, I'm all for making the change. Now. I just don't know who that is.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:02 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I actually meant that literally for 'today'. Where is Nugent's replacement now, the one all of us want to come in here and be clutch when needed? Hindsight sure tells we missed opportunities, but IF he exists right now, I'm all for making the change. Now. I just don't know who that is.

Chances are that none of us know who this person is, as I'm guessing not many keep lists of free agent kickers from college, the Canadian League, and/or the Arena League.  You would think that would be the job of someone within the Bengals front office.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:32 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: The quality of the replacement we all want isn't just sitting by the phone, waiting for a call from the Bengals. True or false?

Dude...Nugent is really bad. He's missed SIX extra points in SIX games.

HOF kickers don't start out as HOF kickers. Give a young kicker a chance and see what they do.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: And everyone of them have to be paid and under contract regardless of whether they are any good or not .. It's not like trying on shoes at shoemart.

You pay them the league minimum. That's a ridiculous reason not to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:02 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I actually meant that literally for 'today'. Where is Nugent's replacement now, the one all of us want to come in here and be clutch when needed? Hindsight sure tells we missed opportunities, but IF he exists right now, I'm all for making the change. Now. I just don't know who that is.

As mentioned in other Nuge threads, Randy Bullock is available. Went 4-4 with the Steelers two weeks ago. Way bigger leg than Nugent, primary issue was injuries, not accuracy.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote