Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Sherman
The CFL's Montreal Alouettes have fired head coach Mike Sherman. When Zac was hired we talked about the possibility of him joining the staff in some way. Do we see a job as a special assistant coach to his son-in law in Mike's future?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The year we brought Hue Jackson back he was an assistant DB/ST coach or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The year we brought Hue Jackson back he was an assistant DB/ST coach or something like that.

Huh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The year we brought Hue Jackson back he was an assistant DB/ST coach or something like that.

(06-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh?

You know, DoucheBag/SwedishTuck coach.  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 11:58 AM)pally Wrote: The CFL's Montreal Alouettes have fired head coach Mike Sherman. When Zac was hired we talked about the possibility of him joining the staff in some way. Do we see a job as a special assistant coach to his son-in law in Mike's future?

I believe he’ll be here soon as an offensive asst. reporting directly to the head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
We need more nepotism on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Would he be a solid addition to the scouting department?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 10:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need more nepotism on the Bengals.

That nepotism wouldn't bother me a bit...
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That nepotism wouldn't bother me a bit...

...considering it is rampant in football at all levels.
Reply/Quote

(06-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh?

In 2012 we hired Hue Jackson as an assistant DB coach just to find a position for him.  I think he also helped with special teams.

Gruden had jjust been here one year at that time so I figure it was to avoid any implication that Hue was being brought in to to influence the offense.
Reply/Quote
Is he not known as a very good OL coach? between that and game experience he would be of value.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That nepotism wouldn't bother me a bit...

Yeah...it's worked so well here for years.
Reply/Quote
Seems like a real winner:

Montreal fires Mike Sherman days before start of CFL season

“We would have preferred a different turn of events, but we believe that we are making this decision with the best interest of our organization and our team in mind. We had identified some key elements from last year where we wanted to see some changes, but unfortunately, these adjustments did not materialize. These decisions are never easy to take, but we believe that this is the right one to make.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/08/montreal-fires-mike-sherman-days-before-start-of-cfl-season/
Reply/Quote
Lets see:

Texas A&M fired him as HC after 4 years.
The Dolphins then hired and fired him as OC after 2 years. He produced the 27th best offense in the NFL.
Then he went to coach at a high school...and after 2 years had a 4-18 record and re-signed.
Then, he went to the CFL and was fired as HC after 1 season and a 5-13 season...shortly before the next season began.

But...you guys recognize his name so you want him here because you think he'll help. He's been TERRIBLE at EVERY stop since the Packers.

And with the Packers, he was fired as HC and they replaced him as GM.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lets see:

Texas A&M fired him as HC after 4 years.
The Dolphins then hired and fired him as OC after 2 years. He produced the 27th best offense in the NFL.
Then he went to coach at a high school...and after 2 years had a 4-18 record and re-signed.
Then, he went to the CFL and was fired as HC after 1 season and a 5-13 season...shortly before the next season began.

But...you guys recognize his name so you want him here because you think he'll help. He's been TERRIBLE at EVERY stop since the Packers.

And with the Packers, he was fired as HC and they replaced him as GM.

Hilarious

Same thing I was thinking!  Everybody is excited for new things, so they jump at a name they recognize and the guy just got fired from the CFL!

If a guy named Bill Belichick with no relation to the Pats' coach got fired from coaching a pee-team for finishing in dead-last and we brought him in for an interview, people would be going insane and throwing parades just because it's a name they recognize!
Reply/Quote
Yep. Fired for refusing to make changes. Stay with the young staff we have now.

If anuthing... make him a scout and keep him away from the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 11:58 AM)pally Wrote: The CFL's Montreal Alouettes have fired head coach Mike Sherman. When Zac was hired we talked about the possibility of him joining the staff in some way. Do we see a job as a special assistant coach to his son-in law in Mike's future?

Sounds likely.

Sherman has a great football mind. Would welcome this, i know people will speak once again of nepotism but as long as our coaches and players are all on the same page we should be winning and that is all we want in the end.
Reply/Quote
I feel like zac will feel obligated to give his father n law a job.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Not only is Mike Sherman Taylor's father-in-law he is Jim Turner's first cousin.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems like a real winner:

Montreal fires Mike Sherman days before start of CFL season

“We would have preferred a different turn of events, but we believe that we are making this decision with the best interest of our organization and our team in mind. We had identified some key elements from last year where we wanted to see some changes, but unfortunately, these adjustments did not materialize. These decisions are never easy to take, but we believe that this is the right one to make.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/08/montreal-fires-mike-sherman-days-before-start-of-cfl-season/

Before you go into full blown freak out, has anyone with the Bengals even mentioned hiring him is even a possibility?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote