Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannenbaum
Wear this guy out on Twitter @RealTannenbaum. Might wait until after we win. Make sure and include ESPN in your tweet.
1. “ The Cincinnati Bengals should be disbanded if they draft Chase over Sewell”
2. “Cincinnati should have drafted Justin Herbert over Joe Burrow
3. LA Rams 31 Cincy Bengals 21
4. Ryan Tannehill is underrated

Current ESPN Front Office Insider, former New York Jets GM, former Miami Dolphins executive Vice President
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wear this guy out on Twitter @RealTannenbaum. Might wait until after we win. Make sure and include ESPN in your tweet.
1. “ The Cincinnati Bengals should be disbanded if they draft Chase over Sewell”

Current ESPN Front Office Insider, former New York Jets GM, former Miami Dolphins executive Vice President

There is a reason he is no longer working for a team.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:53 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There is a reason he is no longer working for a team.

Shouldn’t be at ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wear this guy out on Twitter @RealTannenbaum. Might wait until after we win. Make sure and include ESPN in your tweet.

It's probably worth pointing out that ESPN is owned by Disney, which is headquartered in LA lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's probably worth pointing out that ESPN is owned by Disney, which is headquartered in LA lol.

True but I know some people at ESPN and they of course are in Connecticut and NYC and still very much an East Coast centric company
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: True but I know some people at ESPN and they of course are in Connecticut and NYC and still very much an East Coast centric company

True, but do you think a company like Disney/ESPN isn't going to favor the big market team, especially when the Super Bowl is in the same city as their headquarters?

Also, I don't think a couple points made by Tannenbaum are bad.
Selecting Herbert and/or Sewell would have been fine. Both are very good players.
Chase and Burrow have been the difference makers this season though.
Probably saved Taylor's job, TBH.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This has nothing to do with any vast Disney/ESPN conspiracy to favor LA over a midwestern small market team.

Tannenbaum is just a dumbass. If he was any good at all, he would still be working for an NFL team. He's not at ESPN by his own choice.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but do you think a company like Disney/ESPN isn't going to favor the big market team, especially when the Super Bowl is in the same city as their headquarters?

Also, I don't think a couple points made by Tannenbaum are bad.
Selecting Herbert and/or Sewell would have been fine. Both are very good players.
Chase and Burrow have been the difference makers this season though.
Probably saved Taylor's job, TBH.

I’ve got one friend who I text only a few times a year who’s a national ESPN college football color analyst. He’s about their 4th team on games. He’s says the public perception of ESPN ever once saying anything about promoting a particular team or conference is false. He said nobody has ever even suggested he promote or pump any team. As far as Tannenbum he’s been off on a lot of Bengal takes. The Bengals are different than all the teams. They don’t hire outsiders. They are almost purely run by family. That doesn’t endear them because they don’t hire people in the NFL workforce
Reply/Quote
Not sure why anyone who's a Bengals fan is getting their panties in a bunch over negative reporting. Why do we care? Easy to see why Burrow tunes all of that nose out. It does no one any good and has no bearing on the team or the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve got one friend who I text only a few times a year who’s a national ESPN college football color analyst. He’s about their 4th team on games. He’s says the public perception of ESPN ever once saying anything about promoting a particular team or conference is false. He said nobody has ever even suggested he promote or pump any team. As far as Tannenbum he’s been off on a lot of Bengal takes. The Bengals are different than all the teams. They don’t hire outsiders. They are almost purely run by family. That doesn’t endear them because they don’t hire people in the NFL workforce

That's their choice as ownership though.
And I will say that I think some of the family they've hired have actually done some good.
Elizabeth Blackburn has gotten Mike and Katie to implement some things us fans have been asking for for years.
She's also very engaged with the fans.
Katie has been rather good with contract structures.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You guys act like Sewell and Herbert would’ve been bad picks.

Burrow was the key. He’s the best QB to come out in a long time. Chase and Sewell, the jury is still out there IMO. Honestly, for this game alone, I’d rather have Penei Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:11 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: You guys act like Sewell and Herbert would’ve been bad picks.

Burrow was the key. He’s the best QB to come out in a long time. Chase and Sewell, the jury is still out there IMO. Honestly, for this game alone, I’d rather have Penei Sewell.

Too many "what if" variables in such a statement. The reality is that Chase greatly contributed to us making the Super Bowl and thus, Chase was the right pick.
Reply/Quote

better yet dont get upset by random this you see on social media lol
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's their choice as ownership though.
And I will say that I think some of the family they've hired have actually done some good.
Elizabeth Blackburn has gotten Mike and Katie to implement some things us fans have been asking for for years.
She's also very engaged with the fans.
Katie has been rather good with contract structures.

Oh I agree just pointing out that there could be some bias towards their model from some. Their front office isn’t in the fraternity so to speak. I actually think the organization gets very unfairly judged. But I think Tannenbum is a great example of bias because they don’t fit the model so he’s skeptical of them and their decisions
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Too many "what if" variables in such a statement. The reality is that Chase greatly contributed to us making the Super Bowl and thus, Chase was the right pick.

I don’t think you can say that after 1 year, personally. I dont regret the Chase pick, not for a second. He’s fantastic. He made Burrow that much better.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Shouldn’t be at ESPN.

Sure he should as they're perfect for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:11 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: You guys act like Sewell and Herbert would’ve been bad picks.

They would have been good picks, but we're not in the SB this year with Herbert/Sewell

There's no way I would take Sewell over Chase in this game.  That's good T vs elite WR.  Without Chase, the Rams would just lock down Higgins with Ramsey and focus everyone else on taking Boyd away.  
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:27 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I don’t think you can say that after 1 year, personally. I dont regret the Chase pick, not for a second. He’s fantastic. He made Burrow that much better.

I'm confused. You don't think it is safe to say Chase contributed to the Bengals making the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote

The decision to take Chase over Sewell was about expected immediate impact. Often times offensive linemen take longer to emerge. They felt the immediate impact because of their chemistry would likely benefit sooner. The entire organization needed a quick start to a winning season. Support was poor and they needed to win some games out the box. Sewell had played in a different blocking scheme at Oregon. His video wasn’t helpful. But I know for fact they thought either choice would serve them well. Tannenbaum’s takes aren’t absurd. What’s to note is that he easily criticizes the Bengals often and said they should disband the franchise if they didn’t take Sewell over Chase. I’m sorry such an over the top commentary opens him up to scrutiny. I say let him have it on twitter.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/joe-burrow-regret-mike-tannenbaum-get-up-justin-herbert-cincinnati-bengals/amp

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/former-nfl-general-manager-if-bengals-dont-draft-penei-sewell-they-should-be-disbanded
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The decision to take Chase over Sewell was about expected immediate impact. Often times offensive linemen take longer to emerge. They felt the immediate impact because of their chemistry would likely benefit sooner. The entire organization needed a quick start to a winning season. Support was poor and they needed to win some games out the box. Sewell had played in a different blocking scheme at Oregon. His video wasn’t helpful. But I know for fact they thought either choice would serve them well. Tannenbaum’s takes aren’t absurd. What’s to note is that he easily criticizes the Bengals often and said they should disband the franchise if they didn’t take Sewell over Chase. I’m sorry such an over the top commentary opens him up to scrutiny. I say let him have it on twitter.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/joe-burrow-regret-mike-tannenbaum-get-up-justin-herbert-cincinnati-bengals/amp

Saying the Bengals should be disbanded for taking Chase over Sewell is a pretty absurd take.  Herbert over Burrow is also pretty absurd when we consider that Herbert wasn't graded higher than Burrow coming out.  That seems more along the lines of the national media trying to push Burrow to pull an Eli.  

Sewell and Herbert would have been good picks, but the Bengals should not have taken them over Chase and Burrow.
Reply/Quote