Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannenbaum
(02-10-2022, 01:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Saying the Bengals should be disbanded for taking Chase over Sewell is a pretty absurd take.  Herbert over Burrow is also pretty absurd when we consider that Herbert wasn't graded higher than Burrow coming out.  That seems more along the lines of the national media trying to push Burrow to pull an Eli.  

Sewell and Herbert would have been good picks, but the Bengals should not have taken them over Chase and Burrow.

His whole argument for Herbert > Burrow is that Burrow is more injury proned. Yep, not lying
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:11 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: You guys act like Sewell and Herbert would’ve been bad picks.

Burrow was the key. He’s the best QB to come out in a long time. Chase and Sewell, the jury is still out there IMO. Honestly, for this game alone, I’d rather have Penei Sewell.

No on both points.

We are not in this position without Chase, and Chase is doing things NO OTHER ROOKIE WR has done. Penei is good, but nothing earth shattering like Chase.

Aaron Donald is the worry and he’ll be lined up inside. If we don’t have Chase, there is a good chance we struggle getting our WR open. Chase will win more against Ramsey than Tee will, and that just opens up Tee more. But it’s moot because we aren’t here without Chase.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: His whole argument for Herbert > Burrow is that Burrow is more injury proned. Yep, not lying

Getting your knee destroyed by a guy running into it on a physical play is not the same as being injury proned, meaning frequently injured. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Getting your knee destroyed by a guy running into it on a physical play is not the same as being injury proned, meaning frequently injured. 

I know, but because of that, he claimed Herbert is more durable
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know, but because of that, he claimed Herbert is more durable

My bad, I misunderstood and thought you were making the statement rather than explaining the framework for his claim.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:11 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: You guys act like Sewell and Herbert would’ve been bad picks.

Burrow was the key. He’s the best QB to come out in a long time. Chase and Sewell, the jury is still out there IMO. Honestly, for this game alone, I’d rather have Penei Sewell.

Are you a Rams fan pretending to be a Bengals fan?

I hated the Chase pick as much as anyone but I got over it by the 4th quarter of the Vikings game in Week 1.  Sewell would be a pro bowler if he wasn't on the Lions.  

You sound like a hater and not a fan.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm confused. You don't think it is safe to say Chase contributed to the Bengals making the Super Bowl?

I think that’s safe to say. I just think it’s harder to find a franchise LT than it is an elite receiver. I think 5 years from now we will have alot more insight into the two players. One year isn’t enough to say a pick was right or wrong.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No on both points.

We are not in this position without Chase, and Chase is doing things NO OTHER ROOKIE WR has done. Penei is good, but nothing earth shattering like Chase.

Aaron Donald is the worry and he’ll be lined up inside. If we don’t have Chase, there is a good chance we struggle getting our WR open. Chase will win more against Ramsey than Tee will, and that just opens up Tee more. But it’s moot because we aren’t here without Chase.

I’m really worried about Von Miller as well. He is the highest graded defender in the playoffs according to Pro Football Focus, and is a HOFer. I think Donald overshadows him a bit, but Miller is going to be a major problem.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:30 PM)basballguy Wrote: Are you a Rams fan pretending to be a Bengals fan?

I hated the Chase pick as much as anyone but I got over it by the 4th quarter of the Vikings game in Week 1.  Sewell would be a pro bowler if he wasn't on the Lions.  

You sound like a hater and not a fan.

I just wanted Sewell over Chase back in April. I love what Chase has done, but I’m still not sold he was a better pick.

As I’ve stated before, I’m a Joe Burrow fan. I’m from Louisiana. I want to see him have a great career and get a ring!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:38 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I just wanted Sewell over Chase back in April. I love what Chase has done, but I’m still not sold he was a better pick.

As I’ve stated before, I’m a Joe Burrow fan. I’m from Louisiana. I want to see him have a great career and get a ring!

Like I’ve said I know that they viewed it as a win win on the two. But… they thought Chase would make a Sooner impact and they needed to flip the losing culture early in the season. They were infinitely correct.
Reply/Quote
We’re in the ***** Super Bowl and people are seriously still going on about Penei Sewell? :facepalm:

[Image: 52425229.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:27 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I don’t think you can say that after 1 year, personally. I dont regret the Chase pick, not for a second. He’s fantastic. He made Burrow that much better.

It’s hard for me to envision a reality where we draft Sewell over Chase and still end up in the Super Bowl. I have no doubt that he would have been a good pick, But I don’t believe he would have had the immediate impact that Chase has.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote