Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Thomas is Hot Garbage
SHould have kept Pryor over Thomas.. oh but his (Taylor's)brother is with the panthers so he sent him a gift. mmmmmmmmmkay.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:21 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: In all fairness he beat the Steelers on a double move that Burrow missed and might have been 6 had he connected.

Or if he was faster and taller....like Tee Higgins.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:11 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: SHould have kept Pryor over Thomas.. oh but his (Taylor's)brother is with the panthers so he sent him a gift. mmmmmmmmmkay.

His brother is with the Jaguars not the Panthers
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I think T.Y. Hilton (even the corpse of him) or Keelan Cole would be good adds incase we're ever in this situation again. T.Y. still has to have SOMETHING left in the tank. Mike Thomas has never had anything in the tank.

If we're ever down a receiver I'm not totally opposed to running a 2 TE set with Sample and Hurst. Keep Sample on the left side to help blocking since we got destroyed there, use Hurst in some other spots. Hurst has some speed and could be moved around a bit to unique spots. I also don't hate the above mentioned situation of Evans coming in on 2 back sets and sliding out some.

Whatever it takes to keep Mike Thomas out of the game on offense - I'm in agreement with. Dude is trash.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:36 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: I understand there are a variety of things that went wrong yesterday that led to our loss. Plenty of blame to go around.

With that said, I am sick of Mike Thomas being on this roster. The argument is always "oh but he can play special teams!" We can teach other guys to play special teams. Then you hear "oh but he's Zac Taylor's guy!" Well how's that working out for him? How'd that help the Bengals yesterday?

The dude is a bad WR. Unfortunately he got sprung into game action yesterday with the Higgins injury and he was absolutely atrocious out there. 1 catch for 5 yards on 5 targets. But the worst play of his day was dropping a touchdown in the endzone because he's soft as charmin and didn't want to get hit. If the dude isn't willing to sell out to help the team then why are we keeping him?

I was a Pryor fan in the preseason and one of the reasons was because the kid was sacrificing his body to try and make catches. Mike Thomas won't do that. Send him packing and find someone who will.

Good hands, tough on contested catches.   I don't know much about routes, but I did not hear he was running bad ones.  It will be interesting to follow him in Jacksonville.

I'm with you on this.  I liked him way better than Thomas.
Reply/Quote
Thomas appeared to have ran his route too deep on the 4th down play on the second to last drive of regulation. He brought his man right to a wide open Chase on what should have been a touchdown. Should have ran it two to three yards more shallow near the goal line instead of into the endzone. Either that or it was a terrible play design, lol.
Reply/Quote
Dude should be benched. Totally chickened out on what would’ve been a game tying catch however saw the defender coming and dropped it. you could see the fear in the drop. He’s lucky he was bailed out later by a competent receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's what is interesting about this loss. It wasn't 1 or 2 things that went wrong. It was literally A LOT of things.

When that happens, the coaches didn't have the team ready to play.

I vociferously agree -- and going by the narrative of them not being ready, although I have not been to a practice personally, we all see the very short news clips, where everyone is "scrambling" and "looking sharp," etc. Makes you wonder if they are being pushed enough, if all the boxes are checked, etc, with those practices. I know it takes more factors than that for a team to be "ready," of course -- but I was curious about the practices specifically.
Reply/Quote
After the no challenge on the Chase Td(no problem with). Why does ZT call a play where Thomas has to block watt?
Reply/Quote
Go back on here and look at the post where I said he needs to be cut and gone when final cuts were being made, there is no good reason why this guy is on the team!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:28 AM)Garrus Wrote: His brother is with the Jaguars not the Panthers

Ahh thanks for the clarification, I knew it was one of those cats.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:00 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Dude should be benched. Totally chickened out on what would’ve been a game tying catch however saw the defender coming and dropped it. you could see the fear in the drop. He’s lucky he was bailed out later by a competent receiver.

Competent is pretty far down the list of superlatives when I think of Ja'Marr Chase... I feel like Jakobi Meyers is a competent WR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:54 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: I think T.Y. Hilton (even the corpse of him) or Keelan Cole would be good adds incase we're ever in this situation again. T.Y. still has to have SOMETHING left in the tank. Mike Thomas has never had anything in the tank.

If we're ever down a receiver I'm not totally opposed to running a 2 TE set with Sample and Hurst. Keep Sample on the left side to help blocking since we got destroyed there, use Hurst in some other spots. Hurst has some speed and could be moved around a bit to unique spots. I also don't hate the above mentioned situation of Evans coming in on 2 back sets and sliding out some.

Whatever it takes to keep Mike Thomas out of the game on offense - I'm in agreement with. Dude is trash.

I don't ever like calling a player trash especially a dude that plays good ST's but agree with everything else.

(09-13-2022, 12:07 PM)3wt Wrote: Good hands, tough on contested catches.   I don't know much about routes, but I did not hear he was running bad ones.  It will be interesting to follow him in Jacksonville.

I'm with you on this.  I liked him way better than Thomas.

Kendrick Pryor was great on his routes in preseason. Was the main reason I loved the guy besides him catching 
everything around him. Us waiving him and expecting him to stay on our Practice Squad was a terrible mistake and
it shown big time once one of our big 3 went down like Tee did.

Not going to say I told you so to the coach's and FO but I did and it just makes me mad.

If we had just some decent play from the 3rd WR replacing Tee we would of won the game no problem....

And that is a crazy thing to say being it has never been done before. Turning the ball over 5 times, not getting any
turnovers and winning a game in the NFL has never happened. This team should of broke this record.

(09-14-2022, 12:11 AM)OUatown Wrote: After the no challenge on the Chase Td(no problem with). Why does ZT call a play where Thomas has to block watt?

I thought when Thomas came in Twatt already tore his pec? I could be wrong though of course...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 06:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen Burrow react as he did when at the most critical moment of the game he threw a pass on the money to Thomas in the end zone and he dropped it. What a look of incredibility.

Irwin makes that catch regardless if they tear his head off. Wouldn't mind seeing him back with the team and thought he was pretty reliable and definitely tough. Hellova lot better than the clown we are discussing in this thread.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 09:32 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Irwin makes that catch regardless if they tear his head off. Wouldn't mind seeing him back with the team and thought he was pretty reliable and definitely tough. Hellova lot better than the clown we are discussing in this thread.

No doubt Harley. Trenton Irwin deserves a shot at WR4, he is a better WR than Mike Thomas and there is no doubt about it.

So is Trent Taylor and even Stanley Morgan is better cause he is a better blocker and CAN catch the ball.

Don't understand putting Mike Thomas out there at all except on ST's.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 02:34 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And that is a crazy thing to say being it has never been done before. Turning the ball over 5 times, not getting any
turnovers and winning a game in the NFL has never happened. This team should of broke this record.

I don't know about that specific stat, but teams have had a -5 TO diff and won the game. They gave a stat Sunday that the last time was Atl in '12. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 02:34 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kendrick Pryor was great on his routes in preseason. Was the main reason I loved the guy besides him catching 
everything around him. Us waiving him and expecting him to stay on our Practice Squad was a terrible mistake and
it shown big time once one of our big 3 went down like Tee did.

Not going to say I told you so to the coach's and FO but I did and it just makes me mad.

You can't say "I told you so" until Pryor does something to prove that you are correct.

Was Pryor even on the active roster Sunday for Jacksonville?
Reply/Quote