Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Thomas is back...
Why would you waste money bringing this bum back? What a terrible signing
Reply/Quote
He's a fine back up receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:51 AM)Trademark Wrote: Why would you waste money bringing this bum back? What a terrible signing

The weird thing with Mike Thomas is he only played 15% of ST snaps.
He also only played 21% of offensive snaps, but only had 132 yards.

I'm not surprised he's back since they only had Boyd, Higgins, and Tate under contract, but I'd hope he's not guaranteed a spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's a fine back up receiver.

276 yards in 54 games played does not equate to a fine backup receiver.
I'd expect a fine backup receiver to have at least 500 yards across 50+ games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's a fine back up receiver.

I agree.  And he also played ST.

No problem with brining him back as long as we did not pay too much.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote:  I'd hope he's not guaranteed a spot.

No way he has a guaranteed roster spot.

We will be brining in other WRs through free agency and the draft.  Thomas will just be competeing for a bottom of the roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 276 yards in 54 games played does not equate to a fine backup receiver.
I'd expect a fine backup receiver to have at least 500 yards across 50+ games.

Maybe.
If we sign better players, Thomas won't make the team. If we don't, then he does.

I thought he had some good catches from Burrow. So maybe that will increase his production even if he's the 4th or 5th WR on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The weird thing with Mike Thomas is he only played 15% of ST snaps.
He also only played 21% of offensive snaps, but only had 132 yards.

I'm not surprised he's back since they only had Boyd, Higgins, and Tate under contract, but I'd hope he's not guaranteed a spot.

Man i remember the days ya'll would be talking about who's gonna be cut at WR because we had too many WR.  Now we dont have any.  I wouldnt even say Tate is a quality WR.  When he's on he's on but when he's off he's off.  So inconsistent that i'd never count on him for a big play. 

So essentially your WR room consists of Higgins and Boyd.  Great weapons for JoeyB.  I mean I guess maybe we can include Sample and Gio in there.  Seriously, if you have a star QB, wtf would you do what the Cardinals and Jets are doing...surround him with weapons, and an OL.  

I think this is why so many fans are frustrated with this football team.  It's like when you go to Big Lots and you hope you can find something you'd find at Saks..or Nordstorms....(rant over lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:08 PM)TJ528 Wrote:   Seriously, if you have a star QB, wtf would you do what the Cardinals and Jets are doing...surround him with weapons, and an OL.  

You were not here when we drafted Burrow.

Back then a lot of fans were saying "Glad we have a QB who doesn't need a ton of talent around him to be successful."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You were not here when we drafted Burrow.

Back then a lot of fans were saying "Glad we have a QB who doesn't need a ton of talent around him to be successful."

Well I've pretty much been reading this board forever but never participated.  

However, I've been a fan of this team since 1982.  I haven't missed a season since then except for the time I was in the military. 

It's just sad to me that we are wasting Burrow.  I mean look back during Dalton and Carson's years with the team and we'd get them weapons. 

I guess this is what happens when you've missed on like 7 of the last 8 offensive linemen you've drafted.  You have to keep drafting offensive linemen in hopes that your prayers pay off sometime.   I'm still not sold on Jonah at LT.  I think he's okay but do I think he's the type of OT after this year that'll deserve to be signed to a long time contract for $18 mill ...hell no. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:08 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Man i remember the days ya'll would be talking about who's gonna be cut at WR because we had too many WR.  Now we dont have any.  I wouldnt even say Tate is a quality WR.  When he's on he's on but when he's off he's off.  So inconsistent that i'd never count on him for a big play. 

So essentially your WR room consists of Higgins and Boyd.  Great weapons for JoeyB.  I mean I guess maybe we can include Sample and Gio in there.  Seriously, if you have a star QB, wtf would you do what the Cardinals and Jets are doing...surround him with weapons, and an OL.  

I think this is why so many fans are frustrated with this football team.  It's like when you go to Big Lots and you hope you can find something you'd find at Saks..or Nordstorms....(rant over lol)

As a whole, I have not been a fan of the talent acquired under Taylor's regime.
I've been down on Waynes and Reader signings more than most, I think.
I wasn't a fan of AJ Green being tagged.
I wasn't a fan of Hendrickson instead of just keeping Lawson.

I think Taylor and his crew have put together a worse personnel and scheme than Marvin would have.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like this sign Thomas caught the ball when called upon.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As a whole, I have not been a fan of the talent acquired under Taylor's regime.

I think Taylor and his crew have put together a worse personnel and scheme than Marvin would have.

Ocho i think I agree with you across the board with everything you said above. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As a whole, I have not been a fan of the talent acquired under Taylor's regime.

They over paid for Waynes and should not have tagged Green.

Reader was a good signing.

Glad we did not pay Lawson because of his history of injuries.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:51 AM)Trademark Wrote: Why would you waste money bringing this bum back? What a terrible signing

Seriously....Super Bowl.

Punt returners all over the league are nervous. 
Reply/Quote
Thomas played decently in the 1st few games of the year.
Then after that he really disappeared.
You would think he has wheels to separate but I.dont see it.
Would not be surprised to see a rookie come in take his snaps
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They over paid for Waynes

Reader was a good signing.

I think it's way too early to tell on this.

Waynes hasn't even played.  We have to at least see what it looks like in this system to see if we "overpaid".  You can't just write him off because he was hurt.  At 14 million per he's pretty equal to what WJIII just got (13.3 million per ), and they both have an identical signing bonus (15 million). And remember, WJIII inked his deal in a lowered market. Had the cap been the same he probably would have been paid more. It's not like WJIII is some elite CB.  I see no reason why we can't expect a similar overall level of play from Waynes.

As far as Reader, I keeping hearing about what a good signing he was.  But if I'm being totally honest, he didn't look anywhere near worth the money we shelled out for him with what little I saw from him in 2020.  Maybe he needed more time in the system, maybe the talent around him hurt him, but he didn't appear to be a game changer at all.  In fact, he just looked like another run of the mill DT.

I hope Reader ends up being who we hoped he we be here.  But I don't know how anyone can say he's been a good signing yet.  So far he's been a terrible signing, and when he did play he didn't look all that great. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think it's way too early to tell on this.

Waynes hasn't even played.  We have to at least see what it looks like in this system to see if we "overpaid".  You can't just write him off because he was hurt.  At 14 million per he's pretty equal to what WJIII just got (13.3 million per ), and they both have an identical signing bonus (15 million). And remember, WJIII inked his deal in a lowered market. Had the cap been the same he probably would have been paid more. It's not like WJIII is some elite CB.  I see no reason why we can't expect a similar overall level of play from Waynes.

As far as Reader, I keeping hearing about what a good signing he was.  But if I'm being totally honest, he didn't look anywhere near worth the money we shelled out for him with what little I saw from him in 2020.  Maybe he needed more time in the system, maybe the talent around him hurt him, but he didn't appear to be a game changer at all.  In fact, he just looked like another run of the mill DT.

I hope Reader ends up being who we hoped he we be here.  But I don't know how anyone can say he's been a good signing yet.  So far he's been a terrible signing, and when he did play he didn't look all that great. 

Didn’t reader cut a bunch of weight too. I’m all for shedding lbs unless that’s ur nitch.... he is a run stuffing hole plugging man who should demand a double team. Maybe the 20 lbs less he lost caused him to have to play differently
Reply/Quote
Why the highlight of his year last year was the terrible special teams penalty against the Dolphins, I would take a 7th rd WR flyer over bringing him back, despite him being one of Zac's "boys" from the Rams days
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Thomas played well when his number was called upon. Had some bad drops though.

Still like him, glad he is back. Bring in Golladay and a Draft pick and we are good at WR. Maybe more than good.
Reply/Quote