Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tice
(01-09-2017, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is true! Thanks Sunset, i will have a little hope. :andy:

BTW, if Tice wants an upgrade i would take him over Zampese as our next OC.

...I'd take him over Marvin as our HC
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Paul Alexander is here until he retires.

Can not wish injury or death on anybody. 

But do hope PA takes a early retirement. 

He deserves it ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: ...I'd take him over Marvin as our HC

Same here but that isn't happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was mostly being facetious here, but it still somewhat true. So Mike won't fire Marvin or PA, his two biggest current flaws. Mike still has nothing to do with the overall bulls*** we see on game days. That all falls on Marv 

and Marvin is doing what he thinks is best for the team.  Because it isn't working, in the playoff part of the season, that issue should be dealt with and falls on the shoulders of MB.

Bottom line:  It all falls on Brown.

I'll say it again, even Marge Schott, baseball clueless according to Rose, had the sense to hire Lou Pinella and stay out of the way and let the baseball people run the day to day, and, low and behold, she got a WS championship before she died!!

As long as MB has final word, it will NEVER happen.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't even try. That's what's a shame (and frustrating) about this ownership. The only time he's fired a coach was when he was trying to pacify Carson. Brat would still be here if it wasn't for Carson. Other than that Jay Hayes wanted out, and other coaches were promoted to HC elsewhere.

And yes Jay wanted out. He didn't get fired because of the lack of development of Hunt/Clarke. If that was the case Alexander should have been due to blowing the Ced, Fisher picks. He was one of the best position coaches we had here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't even try. That's what's a shame (and frustrating) about this ownership. The only time he's fired a coach was when he was trying to pacify Carson. Brat would still be here if it wasn't for Carson. Other than that Jay Hayes wanted out, and other coaches were promoted to HC elsewhere.

And yes Jay wanted out. He didn't get fired because of the lack of development of Hunt/Clarke. If that was the case Alexander should have been due to blowing the Ced, Fisher picks. He was one of the best position coaches we had here.

You think Jay Hayes was one of the best position coaches we had here? Atleast Clarke looked much better this year
under Burney. Thornton had to bench himself at one time when Hayes was running things. Geathers did nothing for
years.

I will give Burney another year before claiming this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have a little hope, Nate.  I can remember when many around here thought that Bratkowski was a fixture for life.

Does this mean Dalton or Green have to quit before we shitcan Piano Man?  Man, axing coaching around here is like the Curse of Oak Island!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Does this mean Dalton or Green have to quit before we shitcan Piano Man?  Man, axing coaching around here is like the Curse of Oak Island!

One of them might have to say something at the very least it seems.

Hopefully we sign Whit back and he says something. Whit has a lot of pull.
Reply/Quote
Del Rio and Tice are friends so he'll be back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Look for a guy like Ray Horton to be brought back.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look for a guy like Ray Horton to be brought back.

And freshly canned by the worst organization in football.  Ugh..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and Marvin is doing what he thinks is best for the team.  Because it isn't working, in the playoff part of the season, that issue should be dealt with and falls on the shoulders of MB.

Bottom line:  It all falls on Brown.

I'll say it again, even Marge Schott, baseball clueless according to Rose, had the sense to hire Lou Pinella and stay out of the way and let the baseball people run the day to day, and, low and behold, she got a WS championship before she died!!

As long as MB has final word, it will NEVER happen.

I agree, Mike keeping Marvin on staff is beyond asinine. However, I firmly believe this upcoming year will be Marvin's last. He wasn't given his yearly extension (Thank God) and we can only hope Marv is getting tired of constant failure. 

You give just about anyone else (specifically someone who knows half time adjustments exist) this roster and we'll see vast improvement.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I agree, Mike keeping Marvin on staff is beyond asinine. However, I firmly believe this upcoming year will be Marvin's last. He wasn't given his yearly extension (Thank God) and we can only hope Marv is getting tired of constant failure. 

You give just about anyone else (specifically someone who knows half time adjustments exist) this roster and we'll see vast improvement.  

You could give this roster to the Madden computer and I doubt it would do much worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think Jay Hayes was one of the best position coaches we had here? Atleast Clarke looked much better this year
under Burney. Thornton had to bench himself at one time when Hayes was running things. Geathers did nothing for
years.

I will give Burney another year before claiming this one.

I think Jay was. Always thought the wrong Hayes was retained. Our Dline was the strength of the team for a long time. I count Gilberry, Frostee, Fanene, and many others he made due with. How many other coaches of ours have turned 4th and 3rd round picks into productive players. We never spent high picks on Dline and we've survived. I think he deserves some credit for that. Clarke I don't believe looked all that much more developed outside of a year more in the system.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think Jay was. Always thought the wrong Hayes was retained. Our Dline was the strength of the team for a long time. I count Gilberry, Frostee, Fanene, and many others he made due with. How many other coaches of ours have turned 4th and 3rd round picks into productive players. We never spent high picks on Dline and we've survived. I think he deserves some credit for that. Clarke I don't believe looked all that much more developed outside of a year more in the system.

Man, maybe all this time i was doggin on the wrong Hayes. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I agree, Mike keeping Marvin on staff is beyond asinine. However, I firmly believe this upcoming year will be Marvin's last. He wasn't given his yearly extension (Thank God) and we can only hope Marv is getting tired of constant failure. 

Don't count on an extension NOT being done.

Also, you still have to remember MB is the one picking coaches and so far Marvin has been his best choice!

Is improvement possible, yes, but I'll believe it when I see it!
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander will be here as long as Mike Brown is still running the show. Like others have said he's Bengals Royalty for whatever misguided reasons. Like Millz says there will be very little to no change this off season.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 07:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Don't count on an extension NOT being done.

Also, you still have to remember MB is the one picking coaches and so far Marvin has been his best choice!

Is improvement possible, yes, but I'll believe it when I see it!

If an extension is given in the coming months I will lose my freaking mind  Sick 

At the time, the Marvin hire was universally viewed as a slam dunk hire. Hell even I bought into the hype. Early on Marvin was a damn good coach, but things grow stale. Marvin grew stale after the 2010 season and no doubt should have be gone then. It's beyond time to take a chance on another hire. The next coach can't be much worse than Marvin is now, especially on gameday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If an extension is given in the coming months I will lose my freaking mind  Sick 

At the time, the Marvin hire was universally viewed as a slam dunk hire. Hell even I bought into the hype. Early on Marvin was a damn good coach, but things grow stale. Marvin grew stale after the 2010 season and no doubt should have be gone then. It's beyond time to take a chance on another hire. The next coach can't be much worse than Marvin is now, especially on gameday. 

Couldn't agree more.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If an extension is given in the coming months I will lose my freaking mind  Sick 

I don't trust ANYONE MB picks, because of his history. He had 10 plus years to get someone onboard after he took ownership in 1991, and the ONLY reason the Bengals have even been to the playoffs, 7 times in the last 13 years, is because of Marvin.  Yes, yes, making the playoffs doesn't matter unless you win the last game, but there is no possible way you can win the last game, unless you MAKE the playoffs.

Am I one of those guys who automatically believes and/or fears that MB 'could' make a worse choice? No.  But I'm not so sure HE has the confidence to move away from Marvin BECAUSE of that fear himself.

I'm 99.9% sure, IF, Marvin repeats, next year, his 2009 and 2011 years, by making the playoffs after 4-11-1 and a 4-12 seasons, he WILL be extended!!
Reply/Quote