Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Tomlin
From what I am hearing Mike Tomlin may be on his way out. We are in the throws of looking into this...
Reply/Quote
And before anyone mentions it..... NO!
Reply/Quote
Here's a guy with two rings, just won a playoff game last season, and is on the hot seat for losing 4 straight REGULAR SEASON games, and they're still in contention in their division.  Meanwhile in Cincinnati...... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's a guy with two rings, just won a playoff game last season, and is on the hot seat for losing 4 straight REGULAR SEASON games, and they're still in contention in their division.  Meanwhile in Cincinnati...... Mellow

Not to mention his quarterback was hurt for part of that stretch.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:04 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Not to mention his quarterback was hurt for part of that stretch.

Yup.....and that.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's a guy with two rings, just won a playoff game last season, and is on the hot seat for losing 4 straight REGULAR SEASON games, and they're still in contention in their division.  Meanwhile in Cincinnati...... Mellow

I respect and like Mike Tomlin, but he has 1 ring with the Steelers, unless you talk about AFC Championship rings. Mellow

In that case we have two of those Wink
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whoever would say No to this, I just don't get it. I hate the stoolers but you must be honest his fire is something that would play well on the Bengals sideline.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I respect and like Mike Tomlin, but he has 1 ring with the Steelers, unless you talk about AFC Championship rings. Mellow

In that case we have two of those Wink

Well....I guess I was counting Cowher's as one of his....but he does have two, albeit one as an assistant. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
The Steelers front office is light years ahead of ours. They draft and develop guys...despite picking low each year.

Tomlin is a lot like Lewis. He's a players coach that lets the players police themselves. If you put him here and forced him to have to evaluate talent for drafting...I'm not sure if he could do it.
Reply/Quote
Oh god no. Many steeler fans I know want Tomlin gone as much as we want Lewis gone. And I don't blame them, he's a very mediocre coach...

Now with that said, is he better than Marvin? Without a doubt, and I wouldn't completely hate it (though granted I'd take a terrible towel as head coach of this team over Marvin at this point). But we can and should do better.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I like about Tomlin is he plays to win (goes for 2, goes for it on 4th down, etc), but frankly he's been an underachiever in Pitt. He should have had more success by now with a HoF QB and great scouting/drafting year after year. No thanks.

Reply/Quote
Nah ill pass. Tomlin walked into a dream roster built by Cowher, and he's basically gutted it and rebuilt it out of poop.

Tomlin isn't a nutless coward like Marvin is, ill give him that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing I like about Tomlin is he plays to win (goes for 2, goes for it on 4th down, etc), but frankly he's been an underachiever in Pitt. He should have had more success by now with a HoF QB and great scouting/drafting year after year. No thanks.

Just to play the contrarian, I think it's debatable whether or not Ben is a HOF QB. He was along for the ride in his SB wins, hasn't won squat without Lebeau, and has career numbers that are barely a notch above Eli. 

I'm not so sure the Steelers have been great at drafting over the last decade either.

Is Tomlin an outstanding coach? Probably not, but he's better than Marv, I have little doubt about that. The talent levels during their tenures have been similar and Tomlin has gotten much more out of his guys.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tomlin inherited Cowhers team and has failed big time at re-stocking that defense and coaching up draft picks. With that said I think he would be an upgrade over Lewis but I'd like to find someone better.

Btw I never believed he accidentally wandered onto the field and then accidentally tripped Jacoby Jones preventing a TD.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'm just feeling shades of the James Harrison signing at the mention of this.
Reply/Quote
Tomlin is nothing more than a glorified Barry Switzer. The guy has one playoff win in the Dalton Era, and that was the one Hill, Burfict, and Jones gift wrapped for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tomlin is nothing more than a glorified Barry Switzer.  The guy has one playoff win in the Dalton Era, and that was the one Hill, Burfict, and Jones gift wrapped for him.

and Marvin Lewis has no wins no matter who was at QB

on topic

i want tomlin gone as well

cowher had the teams playing down to the competition at times, but tomlin has perfected this into an artform
People suck
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a better coach than Tomlin by the simple fact that Marvin has won coach of the year awards.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers front office is light years ahead of ours. They draft and develop guys...despite picking low each year.

Tomlin is a lot like Lewis. He's a players coach that lets the players police themselves. If you put him here and forced him to have to evaluate talent for drafting...I'm not sure if he could do it.

Oh, he's all in for his team.  Remember that time he tried to trip a player? Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote