Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Josh Gordon Taking Time Off For Overall Health
I wonder what the deal is with Gordon now?  He's apparently taking time off and will miss at least some of training camp for "Overall health and treatment" and has been put on the non-football illness list by the Browns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/23/browns-place-josh-gordon-on-non-football-illness-list/

One interesting thing though is the NFL has stated they will address the matter at an appropriate time.  So that makes me wonder if he failed another test or something else related to his mandatory substance treatment.  One article I read said a source stated that wasn't the case.  I'm not a Browns fan by any means but I was still rooting for him to do well during his comeback (just not against the Bengals) because I think he can still be a great WR and I always like seeing talented players on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If history is any indication, something is definitely coming down the pike. Any time he has excused himself from football in the past there has been a reason. This time will be no different.

Reply/Quote
I had another thought a bit less gloomy than a possible substance issue. Maybe he or the Browns don't want him to be on Hard Knocks with all the extra drama and such that goes with it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I had another thought a bit less gloomy than a possible substance issue. Maybe he or the Browns don't want him to be on Hard Knocks with all the extra drama and such that goes with it.

It’s a possibility. I can’t imagine they’d want him anywhere else but with his team though. A lot less chance of something going wrong with cameras in your face watching your every move than being isolated somewhere in Florida.

Reply/Quote
I can't imagine the amount of money this guy has already lost. Has to be $50 million or more. And while I agree I don't want the Browns to get any better, I can't root for a guy to ruin his life.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
If this ends up in another suspension, then this guy is an unrepentant fool. How many second chances has he had? Five or six?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Just needs time off for his AA meetings.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps he just needs some time to restock his after hours joint before the season starts.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 01:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I wonder what the deal is with Gordon now?  He's apparently taking time off and will miss at least some of training camp for "Overall health and treatment" and has been put on the non-football illness list by the Browns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/23/browns-place-josh-gordon-on-non-football-illness-list/

One interesting thing though is the NFL has stated they will address the matter at an appropriate time.  So that makes me wonder if he failed another test or something else related to his mandatory substance treatment.  One article I read said a source stated that wasn't the case.  I'm not a Browns fan by any means but I was still rooting for him to do well during his comeback (just not against the Bengals) because I think he can still be a great WR and I always like seeing talented players on the field.

Well its been a long time since hes been in a training camp.. he was nervous...  I'm sure he will come back around preseason game 3

from what I read hes suffering from anxiety... (the thing he used weed to help control as millions do in the states.)
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well its been a long time since hes been in a training camp.. he was nervous...  I'm sure he will come back around preseason game 3

from what I read hes suffering from anxiety... (the thing he used weed to help control as millions do in the states.)

OH NO! NOT THE DREADED WEED!
Weed leads to heroin, no doubt about it.  It's almost as bad as beer, but not quite.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well its been a long time since hes been in a training camp.. he was nervous...  I'm sure he will come back around preseason game 3

Yeah when I first posted this there was a lot of chatter among sports news sites that perhaps he was facing another suspension, especially due to the statement from the NFL that they would address it at an appropriate time. Now it seems he is just taking personal time to deal with whatever it is he feels he needs to for his overall well being. That or he really just hates training camp.  Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It's been so long since he's played, he needs training camp in the worst way. Guarantee he pissed dirty.....
Reply/Quote