Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Tomlin Doesn't Get It
(07-29-2018, 11:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Illuminate*

Also, which room is yours in the Steelers complex?

I'm sticking with aluminate

[Image: IMG_0359.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you ever played quarterback?  I from my first year of football (3rd grade) until the end of my freshman year.  Do you know who the only read for a quarterback is on a slant route?  It's the linebacker(s) on the strong side because no corner is going to be playing inside enough to stop the slant route.  Guess who Warner didn't read?  The STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.  Who made the interception?  STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.

[Image: seattle-seahawks-throw-an-interception-f...r-bowl.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So who’s faking because they aren’t getting preferential treatment?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/30/steelers-going-through-a-rough-stretch-of-injuries/

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 07:04 AM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: seattle-seahawks-throw-an-interception-f...r-bowl.jpg]

Different set of circumstances because Butler was playing off, meaning that the pick play wouldn't work like it did with the Cardinals and Steelers, but Wilson also stared down his target from the snap, which made Butler jump the route.

Please stop making this so easy.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you ever played quarterback?  I from my first year of football (3rd grade) until the end of my freshman year.  Do you know who the only read for a quarterback is on a slant route?  It's the linebacker(s) on the strong side because no corner is going to be playing inside enough to stop the slant route.  Guess who Warner didn't read?  The STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.  Who made the interception?  STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.

Especially near the goal line because typically a safety is too far back to make a play on a slant, but they're not even in the game down there.  You could argue that the guy covering the inside receiver could have made the play, but Warner didn't check him, either.  Warner STARED down the receiver from the snap to the throw.  

Tell me how that's making a great play and not something a five-year-old could anticipate just by looking at Warner and thinking "oh, he's going to throw the ball right where he's staring!"  Even the Steelers player they interviewed said he realized that he couldn't make the blitz (which he's in the shotgun on the goal line, it's not rocket science that he won't have the ball long enough for you to get pressure) so he just fell back, and then Warner threw it right to him after telegraphing what he was doing.  He made a common sense play, not a great play.

You keep digging yourself in deeper by being wrong again and again.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol, there is no time to STARE down a receiver on that play. It's literally bang-bang. That ball was in Harrisons hands in less than 2 seconds after it was snapped. Warner had less than 1 second to make up his mind to throw the ball. Harrison is a known rusher. Harrisons assignment was to rush. Harrisons first step was toward the backfield which was within that first second when Warner had to make his decision. Harrison sold it. It was a great play. Everyone knows it. You're on an island here, but you always are. 

Maybe your lack of knowledge is why you stopped playing QB in 9th grade and was relegated to water boy?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 07:04 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Nah I don’t trust anyone that wears sunglasses 24 hours a day.

He has to. He gets confused with Omar Epps when he doesn't wear them. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you ever played quarterback?  I from my first year of football (3rd grade) until the end of my freshman year.  Do you know who the only read for a quarterback is on a slant route?  It's the linebacker(s) on the strong side because no corner is going to be playing inside enough to stop the slant route.  Guess who Warner didn't read?  The STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.  Who made the interception?  STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.

(07-30-2018, 07:04 AM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: seattle-seahawks-throw-an-interception-f...r-bowl.jpg]

(07-30-2018, 10:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Different set of circumstances because Butler was playing off, meaning that the pick play wouldn't work like it did with the Cardinals and Steelers, but Wilson also stared down his target from the snap, which made Butler jump the route.

Please stop making this so easy.
Lol, you speak in definitives, get owned by a picture, then say that it's different. 

Again, is there any wonder why you never took a snap after your freshman year?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 05:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Lol, there is no time to STARE down a receiver on that play. It's literally bang-bang. That ball was in Harrisons hands in less than 2 seconds after it was snapped. Warner had less than 1 second to make up his mind to throw the ball. Harrison is a known rusher. Harrisons assignment was to rush. Harrisons first step was toward the backfield which was within that first second when Warner had to make his decision. Harrison sold it. It was a great play. Everyone knows it. You're on an island here, but you always are. 

Maybe your lack of knowledge is why you stopped playing QB in 9th grade and was relegated to water boy?
When you take the snap and immediately stare at a receiver and don't look anyone off, any player is going to go right where he's looking, making it an easy interception!  How are you not understanding that?!  

Harrison saw where he was looking because he was looking there the entire time and Warner threw it right to him and he was easily intercepted.

By the way, I was starting JV Qb in the 9th grade and was backup to the varsity QB, but then decided that I liked making plays in the open field more, and I didn't want to wait for the varsity QB to graduate (he was only a junior), so I played the last two games and the playoff games at varsity free safety (was the first freshman to ever start varsity on one of the best programs in the state....  so that kind of backfired on you).
(07-30-2018, 05:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol, you speak in definitives, get owned by a picture, then say that it's different. 

Again, is there any wonder why you never took a snap after your freshman year?  Hilarious

In that situation, the read would be to both corners because there was no strong side linebacker on that play, and Butler was playing so off of him that he's the only one that could make the play so he would be the read.

Everything is not always black and blue, which you can't see and that's why your'e so clueless to football knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: By the way, I was starting JV Qb in the 9th grade and was backup to the varsity QB, but then decided that I liked making plays in the open field more, and I didn't want to wait for the varsity QB to graduate (he was only a junior), so I played the last two games and the playoff games at varsity free safety (was the first freshman to ever start varsity on one of the best programs in the state....  so that kind of backfired on you).

Yeah, Im going to call bullshit on this. If you TRULY were a freshman and THE back up on the varsity team of one of the best teams in Ohio, then you definitely would've gotten your shot to start as a junior, even if you exclusively played safety as a sophomore. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4619192] 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Do you know who the only read for a quarterback is on a slant route?  It's the linebacker(s) on the strong side because no corner is going to be playing inside enough to stop the slant route.  Guess who Warner didn't read?  The STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.  Who made the interception?  STRONG SIDE LINEBACKER.

(07-31-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In that situation, the read would be to both corners because there was no strong side linebacker on that play, and Butler was playing so off of him that he's the only one that could make the play so he would be the read.

Everything is not always black and blue, which you can't see and that's why your'e so clueless to football knowledge.

Contradict yourself much? 

This is (one of the many reasons) why no one takes you seriously, not even your own fellow Bengal fans.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 03:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah, Im going to call bullshit on this. If you TRULY were a freshman and THE back up on the varsity team of one of the best teams in Ohio, then you definitely would've gotten your shot to start as a junior, even if you exclusively played safety as a sophomore. 

Not picking sides here, but all of Brad's HS exploits, I believe have been written in articles and other literature, in regards to his accident.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 03:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah, Im going to call bullshit on this. If you TRULY were a freshman and THE back up on the varsity team of one of the best teams in Ohio, then you definitely would've gotten your shot to start as a junior, even if you exclusively played safety as a sophomore. 

One of the best teams in KENTUCKY, not Ohio, try and keep up here.

I was a freshman when I switched to safety, and I liked being in the open field more than being a pocket passer, which, the day of the wreck (sophomore year), they decided to play me at receiver on offense, too.  

You struggle with reading comprehension, huh?
(07-31-2018, 03:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Contradict yourself much? 

This is (one of the many reasons) why no one takes you seriously, not even your own fellow Bengal fans.

I wish you were more intelligent because it would make smack talk so much more fun and challenging.

I mentioned that there was no SAM on that play, and if he doesn't throw the ball out in front of the receiver and puts it in his gut or chest like you're supposed to when throwing a slant near the goal line (because they don't need to catch it on the run), then there's no interception.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 05:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol, you speak in definitives, get owned by a picture, then say that it's different. 

Butler didn't play inside on that route. He recognized the rub and instead of playing it tight and trying to go over the top, he laid back and broke toward where the throw was going--because they had practiced against exactly that earlier in the year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 04:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not picking sides here, but all of Brad's HS exploits, I believe have been written in articles and other literature, in regards to his accident.

Good point. I didn't realize his crash was in 10th grade. Maybe he was the next Montana? 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 07:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Butler didn't play inside on that route. He recognized the rub and instead of playing it tight and trying to go over the top, he laid back and broke toward where the throw was going--because they had practiced against exactly that earlier in the year. 

Butler lined up outside the numbers. He was the widest player before the snap [Image: d8f9wq7.png?1]
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
Question: without looking, does anyone know what this thread was originally about anymore?

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Butler lined up outside the numbers. He was the widest player before the snap [Image: d8f9wq7.png?1]

So he could go underneath the rub. Not over the top and get beat for a touchdown. Because that's how they practiced it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 12:18 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Question: without looking, does anyone know what this thread was originally about anymore?

Good question. Honestly, i don't have the slightest idea. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 12:18 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Question: without looking, does anyone know what this thread was originally about anymore?

Lol, that’s Brad working his magic.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:03 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Good point. I didn't realize his crash was in 10th grade. Maybe he was the next Montana? 

I have no clue; I was in elementary school, north of Toronto in Canada, when his crash happened, thus I'm clueless lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote