Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tomlin: Hillary Shill
Because...... two birds with one stone and all.....
Wink

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-to-host-expensive-hillary-clinton-fundraiser/

Quote:Steelers coach Mike Tomlin to host expensive Hillary Clinton fundraiser

Not everyone in the Steelers' organization is to staying out of politics

by John Breech

Although Ben Roethlisberger has decided to keep his distance from Donald Trump, not everyone in the Steelers' organization plans to stay out of politics during the upcoming election season.

As a matter of fact, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will be putting himself in the thick of things on Tuesday, when he's expected to host a luncheon that will serve as a fundraiser for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
According to an event invitation obtained by TribLIVE.com, tickets to the event will cost anywhere between $10,000 and $33,400. The more expensive ticket will include a meeting with both Clinton and Tomlin.

Of course, Tomlin's event isn't quite as expensive as the fundraiser hosted by George Clooney in April. At that event, the most expensive ticket went for $353,400 per couple.

Anyway, Tomlin will be hosting the event at his Pittsburgh-area home with his wife, Kiya.

This isn't the first time that the Tomlins have shown financial support for the Democratic party. According to the political website, theHill.com, the coupled donated a total of $70,000 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2012.
That money came on top of a $25,000 donation that Kiya Tomlin made to Obama's Victory Fund in 2008. Kiya has also donated a total of $2,700 to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, which is the maximum individual donation allowed by law.
Although the Tomlins are hosting Hillary, don't look for Roethlisberger to be hosting Trump at his house anytime soon.
Over the weekend, Trump said that he'd like Roethlisberger to speak at the Republican National Convention. However, Big Ben shot that idea down on Sunday, saying that he wouldn't speak at the convention or endorse Trump.
Makes sense. She's "crooked Hilary", and he's "cheating Tomlin". Birds of a feather and all..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
And?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-13-2016, 09:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: And?

And, I for one, just couldn't help but being amused at the irony of it all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-13-2016, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, I for one, just couldn't help but being amused at the irony of it all.

Oh.

Maybe he just likes associating with winners.

Smirk
(06-13-2016, 10:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh.

Smirk

Maybe he's a Super-Delegate ?
Ninja  
Well just when you thought either of them couldn't be more slimey.
(06-13-2016, 10:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Maybe he's a Super-Delegate ?
Ninja  

Well he's been to a couple Super Bowls.

Bengals fans can ask their grandparents about going to those.   Mellow
(06-13-2016, 11:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well he's been to a couple Super Bowls.

Bengals fans can ask their grandparents about going to those.   Mellow

This was a fair come-back.

Don't forget that I'm old enough that I watched those 2 Super Bowls.
LOL
(06-13-2016, 11:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This was a fair come-back.

LOL

Maybe Dino is trying to call us old?   
(06-13-2016, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe Dino is trying to call us old?   

Pro Tip: He and I are no more than a year apart.

But..... I am old.
At least that is always how I will speak of myself.
I need every shot at the element of surprise I can get.
LOL
(06-13-2016, 11:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This was a fair come-back.

LOL

I haven't even seen the Bengals win a playoff game since I was 9 years old, however I don't let that stop me from saying that I don't see the big deal in winning a playoff game.

Smirk

Common line of thought by steeler fans who live vicariously through a football team.

Smirk

Well if this election cmes down to Belicheat, Kraft and Brady vs Mike Tomlin, what is a 3 TD blowout in electoral vote terms?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-14-2016, 09:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: Common line of thought by steeler fans who live vicariously through a football team.

Mellow

I'm not hanging out with winners...even vicariously.

I'm on a Bengals message board.

ThumbsUp
(06-14-2016, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

I'm not hanging out with winners...even vicariously.

I'm on a Bengals message board.

ThumbsUp

You're right. Being on a MB does not count as "hanging out" with Bengals fans....so you're definitely not hanging out with winners.
(06-14-2016, 02:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: You're right. Being on a MB does not count as "hanging out" with Bengals fans....so you're definitely not hanging out with winners.

[Image: beakerfail.gif]
(06-14-2016, 12:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote:  however I don't let that stop me from saying that I don't see the big deal in winning a playoff game.

Because winning a playoff game is not a big deal....Now, 3-4 in a month, that's a pretty big deal.
--------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic !!

Omar Tomlin is a super-lefty and doesn't like hot sauce !!
Ninja
(06-14-2016, 10:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Because winning a playoff game is not a big deal....Now, 3-4 in a month, that's a pretty big deal.

The point of my statement was how odd it is hearing Bengals fans act like winning a playoff game isn't a big deal as if we actually recall how winning a playoff game feels.