Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Must Be SO Nice To Be A Steelers Fan
You get to have the refs hand you the game because a player looked at your sideline.

Seriously, how big of a joke was that?

I'm about to watch Good Morning Football to see if they even comment on how ridiculous that was and to get my morning dose of Kay Adams.

If that doesn't tell you how bias the NFL is towards the Steelers, I think you're more brain damaged than I am.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You get to have the refs hand you the game because a player looked at your sideline.

Seriously, how big of a joke was that?

I'm about to watch Good Morning Football to see if they even comment on how ridiculous that was and to get my morning dose of Kay Adams.

If that doesn't tell you how bias the NFL is towards the Steelers, I think you're more brain damaged than I am.

I only got to watch the second half and the officiating was awful.  No argument for me.  It's been bad all year, for years...but the BEars got the brunt and bulk of the bad calls last night for sure.

But yeah, it ain't bad to be a fan most of the time. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I only got to watch the second half and the officiating was awful.  No argument for me.  It's been bad all year, for years...but the BEars got the brunt and bulk of the bad calls last night for sure.

it was a crock of crap! Felt bad for Fields and the rest of the team....They outplayed the Steelers and the D line kept stuffing those plays to Harris
And also, how the hell does a team (Quinn) get so many neutral zone infractions? That was fishy too. I think the guy knows where to line up afer all these yrs in NFL...it was beyond bizarre.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I only got to watch the second half and the officiating was awful.  No argument for me.  It's been bad all year, for years...but the BEars got the brunt and bulk of the bad calls last night for sure.

I think they said the penalty calling was something like 13 against the Bears to 3 or something against the Steelers.

Like I said, it must be nice.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ME141BL3_o.gif]
Reply/Quote

Wait a second you’re a Steelers fan?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone else notice that the Steelers are always on the winning side of these "controversial" games?

I've asked it many times before. Name me one time the Steelers have lost a controversial game. 

It's never happened. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone else notice that the Steelers are always on the winning side of these "controversial" games?

I've asked it many times before. Name me one time the Steelers have lost a controversial game. 

It's never happened. 

the only time I remember them losing one of those was against the Brady pats maybe in 2018 or 17 when Jesse James crossed the goal line for a touchdown on 4th down, they called it short, but it was actually good. They review it, and still call it short
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the only time I remember them losing one of those was against the Brady pats maybe in 2018 or 17 when Jesse James crossed the goal line for a touchdown on 4th down, they called it short, but it was actually good. They review it, and still call it short

I don't consider that one controversial because at that time, you always had to establish yourself in the field of play, as a runner, in order to get the benefit of the ball crossing the goal line, coupled with at that time, having to complete the catch "through the ground". James, by rule at the time, didn't do either. It was a bad rule and impossible to determine what was a catch or not.

There was a play with Germaine Gresham in 2011 against the Ravens that was somewhat similar. He hadn't established himself before crossing the goal line and when he went to the ground, he lost control of the ball and it was called incomplete.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't consider that one controversial because at that time, you always had to establish yourself in the field of play, as a runner, in order to get the benefit of the ball crossing the goal line, coupled with at that time, having to complete the catch "through the ground". James, by rule at the time, didn't do either. It was a bad rule and impossible to determine what was a catch or not.

There was a play with Germaine Gresham in 2011 against the Ravens that was somewhat similar. He hadn't established himself before crossing the goal line and when he went to the ground, he lost control of the ball and it was called incomplete.

that reminds me of the tyler eifert touchdown in baltimore that the refs ruled incomplete

I was at that game
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone else notice that the Steelers are always on the winning side of these "controversial" games?

It's never happened. 

That's my entire point and Steelers' fans complain I'm just crying. 

Take the playoff loss when Hill fumbled: big controversy to end the game but no penalty was thrown on Joey Porter for illegally being on the field when Pacman tried to punch him.

It ALWAYS seems to go in their favor.
Reply/Quote

It's never happened. 

New Orleans 2018

And this guy has, uh, he has a take on officials being anti-Steelers.

But I ain't even mad.  Officials are there to keep games close and to control the narrative.  They will screw every team at some point if it means publicity for the league and ratings.
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: New Orleans 2018

And this guy has, uh, he has a take on officials being anti-Steelers.

But I ain't even mad.  Officials are there to keep games close and to control the narrative.  They will screw every team at some point if it means publicity for the league and ratings.

Hmm. Steelers have a 4 pt lead late in the 4th and try a fake punt in their own territory, which fails. On the Saints go ahead touchdown drive there was 1 flag against the steelers, a legit pass interference call on 4th and 2 against Joe Haden. Steelers get the ball back and just about in field goal range, Jujubean fumbles. 

Nope. This doesn't come close to fitting the criteria. 

Reply/Quote
that taunting call and the ref hip checking the player? Wild stuff.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: [Image: ME141BL3_o.gif]

Watches as he stares down the opposing team's bench. No flag
Guy turns around to run towards his own bench. No flag
Ref sticks his butt out so that Marsh makes slight contact, flag comes flying out so dramatically, you'd think this was a scene from a movie.

Ref says after the game that the contact had nothing to do with the flag being thrown. There's a word for this that is the same as the feces from a male cow.
Reply/Quote