Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chubb positive for COVID
Couldn’t have happened before he destroyed us Sunday lol something to keep an eye on with our guys this week. Luckily we’re on a bye so if any of our players come down with it they’ll have time to test negative before our next game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very few of our defenders got close enough to catch anything from him
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Very few of our defenders got close enough to catch anything from him

damn. that's savage and yet i'm hoping it turns out to be true. and yet, if no bengals defenders end up testing positive in the next week... damn.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Very few of our defenders got close enough to catch anything from him

Yep they certainly took their social distancing serious with him on Sunday lol
Reply/Quote

[Image: that-was-brutal-brutal.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Chubb isn't Superman - he loads up his stats on us because our D has sucked at tackling pretty much since he came up.
Reply/Quote

End thread.
Reply/Quote
Well, hopefully he won't see the field Sunday and the Patriots will hang a loss on them.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 03:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chubb isn't Superman - he loads up his stats on us because our D has sucked at tackling pretty much since he came up.

I believe Chubb is grossly underrated.

Since he entered the league in '18 Derrick Henry is the only RB with more yards per game than Nick (83.9), and Lamar Jackson is the only player (min 300 carries) with a higher average per carry than Chubb's 5.4.

I remember in college Todd Gurley was a Heisman frontrunner at Georgia in '14, but when he went down with injury Chubb played better than Gurley when he replaced him.  The 8 games after Gurley was injured Chubb averaged 147.5 yds per game and 7.9 yds per carry.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe Chubb is grossly underrated.

Since he entered the league in '18 Derrick Henry is the only RB with more yards per game than Nick (83.9), and Lamar Jackson is the only player (min 300 carries) with a higher average per carry than Chubb's 5.4.

I remember in college Todd Gurley was a Heisman frontrunner at Georgia in '14, but when he went down with injury Chubb played better than Gurley when he replaced him.  The 8 games after Gurley was injured Chubb averaged 147.5 yds per game and 7.9 yds per carry.

If he didn't blow out his knee in devastating fashion, easily a top 10 pick. 
Reply/Quote

Markus Baily apparently did...he is now on the COVID list

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe Chubb is grossly underrated.

Still doesn't make him some unstoppable force. He looks that way against us specifically because our defense is really, really poor at tackling. They need to clean the angles up, wrap up properly and bring down instead of flying grabs and other stunts. Tackle him properly and everything changes for the better. 
Reply/Quote

R.I.P
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 03:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chubb isn't Superman - he loads up his stats on us because our D has sucked at tackling pretty much since he came up.

Career YPC: 5.3
Career YPC vs Bengals: 5.4

There are 10 teams he averages more rushing yards per game against than the Bengals. He has touched the ball 880 times in his career (rushes+receptions) and has 100 broken tackles. He's just very good at football.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I go by the godawful "tackling" in evidence on that 60+ yard TD run - bad angles, sloppy and half hearted arm tackles et al. Tackling is Football 101 and if you can't tackle properly you don't belong in the league.
Reply/Quote

It's ok. You don't need to post anymore today. You win. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'm positive this doesn't belong here..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm positive this doesn't belong here..

I’m positive Chubb tested positive within 2 days of playing the bengals. We already have one positive Bengals test following Chubb’s with potential for more so yeah I’d say it’s Bengals related ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:09 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m positive Chubb tested positive within 2 days of playing the bengals. We already have one positive Bengals test following Chubb’s with potential for more so yeah I’d say it’s Bengals related ThumbsUp

Sure
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/10/bengals-place-chidobe-awuzie-on-covid-19-list/
Reply/Quote