Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace....thoughts?
(02-23-2017, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn dude, you have some serious baseless hate for Lafell man.

I don't see it as baseless. I was ehh whenn we picked him up and I wanted him to prove it to me that he could ball. Consistently unable to beat one on one coverage, never going up over a defender to catch a ball, just an overall lack of effort. Also doubt he would have broken 750 maybe not even 700 if not for aj injury. Just was overall unimpressed. Especially when u were the number 2 or the number 1 all season. What happens if green and eifert are healthy? Hell be lucky to break 500. Just what I saw from watching him. People have their own opinions.also spotrac has his value at about 6.6 million per year. I'm not paying him anywhere near that. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 02:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I have at least seen Kerley try to go up and over a defender to catch a ball. Say what u want stats and what not but if aj hadn't gone down lafell wouldn't have broken 750 imo. And that's a high number. My problem with a number 2 is u have to try and go up and over a defender to catch the ball. Watch lafell highlights his game tape. Never seen him once in 2016 go up over a defender to catch a ball. Also u were getting one on one coverage a lot. U should be able to beat that. Marvin Jones at least tried. Hell in the bills game right after green got hurt when Andy threw that pick lafell didn't even try to interrupt the pick. He has a lack of effort imo. That's why I would take a slot receiver as our number 2 over lafell. They will actually try to go up for the ball lafell will not. It's also why I want our number 9 pick to be Williams.

Mike Williams totally makes sense if you consider a WR2 to be someone that goes up and over a defender to get the ball. Mike Williams is a big target, tough, and can effectively high point the ball. But there's nothing that says a WR2 HAS to be a player that can climb the ladder to get the ball. Heck, AJ Green doesn't even do that as often as some of us would like to see. He typically continues to run his route and try to basket catch rather than turn to the ball and jump for it.

Also, perhaps you've seen a very rare clip of Kerley, but I sure have never seen it. At least not against anything other than a CB that's also very short. Kerley simply cannot high point the ball over a DB that is 6 ft or taller.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 02:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't see it as baseless. I was ehh whenn we picked him up and I wanted him to prove it to me that he could ball. Consistently unable to beat one on one coverage, never going up over a defender to catch a ball, just an overall lack of effort. Also doubt he would have broken 750 maybe not even 700 if not for aj injury. Just was overall unimpressed. Especially when u were the number 2 or the number 1 all season. What happens if green and eifert are healthy? Hell be lucky to break 500. Just what I saw from watching him. People have their own opinions.also spotrac has his value at about 6.6 million per year. I'm not paying him anywhere near that. 

Well i agree Lafell is not the best at high pointing the ball but he runs good routes which gets him open and his
numbers show this. We don't know what Lafell's numbers would be with AJ and Eifert healthy all season. Might
even be better cause they would be taking all the attention off of him.

Not for paying him that much a year though, i agree with that.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i agree Lafell is not the best at high pointing the ball but he runs good routes which gets him open and his
numbers show this. We don't know what Lafell's numbers would be with AJ and Eifert healthy all season. Might
even be better cause they would be taking all the attention off of him.

Not for paying him that much a year though, i agree with that.
well we know when aj green is healthy he gets less than 400 yards in 10 games. He was getting one on one coverage a lot. But yeah my point is hes gonna want at least 4.5 million. I dont want to give that to him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 08:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: well we know when aj green is healthy he gets less than 400 yards in 10 games. He was getting one on one coverage a lot. But yeah my point is hes gonna want at least 4.5 million. I dont want to give that to him. 

Yeah, that is about a mil more than he should be getting.
Reply/Quote
Nothing against LaFell, but I'd take Wallace over him any day. Having a #2 that can get deep does so much for the offense.

And yes, Dalton can throw the damn deep ball. So tired of having that conversation when the stats show he's at least league average, even when Green doesn't play.

Btw, the deep ball has little to do with arm strength. Just ask one of the best deep throwers of all-time, Jeff Blake:

"[The deep ball] doesn’t have to do with arm strength," Blake said. "It has to do with trajectory, because the deep ball is not a hard throw. It’s a finesse throw."

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/11/9123697/cj-exclusive-interview-with-former-bengals-qb-jeff-blake
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote