Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams
Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski 16m16 minutes ago

Former #Bills & #Buccaneers WR Mike Williams (6-2, 212) will visit & workout for the #Bengals on Tues. Williams, 28, last played in 2014.

This is interesting. Was a pretty good player in Tampa. Got traded to Buffalo and some issues with management and coaches. Got suspended for three games then got cut. Still relatively young and could have something in him.

[Image: ad67658.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He has the tools to be an amazing WR. He just needs to get his head pointed in the right direction.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Ugh. No head cases please...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski 16m16 minutes ago

Former #Bills & #Buccaneers WR Mike Williams (6-2, 212) will visit & workout for the #Bengals on Tues. Williams, 28, last played in 2014.

This is interesting. Was a pretty good player in Tampa. Got traded to Buffalo and some issues with management and coaches. Got suspended for three games then got cut. Still relatively young and could have something in him.

this locker room with green and dalton he could thrive. if hes willing to put his head down and grind
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this locker room with green and dalton he could thrive.  if hes willing to put his head down and grind

He visited the Patriots last week. I think this could be a good reclamation project. Zero risk, and could provide insurance if we don't get two WRs in draft we are comfortable with, or if Wright doesn't recover from his injury.
Reply/Quote
Them bringing in receivers makes it less and less likely that we're going to draft a receiver early.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:30 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Them bringing in receivers makes it less and less likely that we're going to draft a receiver early.

If they think Doctson, Coleman, Treadwell is the best rated player at 24 then they will do it. I hope Sterling Shepard is there in the 2nd. I think they are worried there could be a run on WR's in the 1st which would put them in a position to reach which is bad.
Reply/Quote
He's worth kicking the tires on. Nothing to lose!
I believe that they have Thomas and Sheppard targeted in the second. Last I read Thomas was their #1 rated WR.
Reply/Quote
Let's not get excited about a player that has been out of the league for 2 years now folks. Pull it together. I know we're desperate but still....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:30 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Them bringing in receivers makes it less and less likely that we're going to draft a receiver early.

just covering their butts incase who they want is not there. they dont like to enter the draft with glaring holes. cause if a team knows who your after you might get jumped (traded ahead of)
Reply/Quote
Ehhh.. 29-year-old who didn't play last year and has only played 15 games in the last three years overall. Not really excited about that at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh.. 29-year-old who didn't play last year and has only played 15 games in the last three years overall. Not really excited about that at all.

only thing to be excited about is his potential he had some good years in tampa. went to a mess in buffalo.

If signed it will be a min deal where if he doesnt make the final cuts the bengals lose maybe 20-50k like a few of the other deals we have done so far this offseason
Reply/Quote
So has he been on the shelf for health reasons or attitude?

Seemed like he got injured, traded, injured, suspended?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh.. 29-year-old who didn't play last year and has only played 15 games in the last three years overall. Not really excited about that at all.

There is potential there. He has shown he can do it in the league. He wasn't out of football because he couldn't play he was out of football because he was an asshole. I don't think anyone thinks he is coming in to be the #2, but is he better than Brandon Tate? I would say he has a shot to be the #4 or #5 WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:52 PM)Benton Wrote: So has he been on the shelf for health reasons or attitude?

suspended 3 games last year i think and then either cut of was never on a team maybe due to the suspension.

Quote:Williams was released by the Bills late in the 2014 season and didn’t see any action last year, although he did serve a three-game suspension stemming from off-field issues during his time with Tampa. Williams had eight catches for 142 yards and a touchdown in nine games with Buffalo before being released.

Williams is far removed from a promising start to his career that saw him catch 193 passes in his first three seasons with the Bucs. The Bengals depth chart at receiver would likely afford him an opportunity to earn a roster spot if he signs, but it’s hard to gauge how good a chance he’d have after a year away from the game
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:52 PM)Benton Wrote: So has he been on the shelf for health reasons or attitude?

There was rumors the  Bucs placing him on IR was more abut attitude than injury.  He got traded to the Bills then wanted out. They wouldn't negotiate with terrorists so they IR'd him for a calf strain then waived him. Then he got hit with a suspension for a previous infraction while still in Tampa. The guy can be a 500-700 yard per year WR. I'd take that as a #4 or #5 WR.
Reply/Quote

A guy who didn't even play last year is not gonna change their draft plans
Reply/Quote
If he can return to even a fraction of this, it might be worth it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvP1IMJL04
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski 16m16 minutes ago

He had problems during college at Syracuse.  It's a pattern that keeps repeating.
Reply/Quote

I don't know how many times they have to say it.  They draft the BPA and don't rely on rookies.  If a good rookie WR is there in the first they will take him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote