Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams PFF Breakdown
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-prospect-matchups-how-clemson-wr-mike-williams-fared-against-top-db-prospects/

The above link shows how Mike Williams fared against PFF's top ranked CB prospects in 2016. The Bengals may certainly look to draft WR at 9, and right now it's a toss up in terms of who would be there and worthy of the ninth pick (should they go that route) between Williams, Davis and Ross. While there are certainly other variables at play, it was interesting to see that Williams didn;t catch a single touchdown against top ranked corners and safeties.

All of this could mean nothing, but I thought it was at least interesting. I'll update when they release similar analysis on the other top WR prospects.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:30 AM)NKYRob Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-prospect-matchups-how-clemson-wr-mike-williams-fared-against-top-db-prospects/

The above link shows how Mike Williams fared against PFF's top ranked CB prospects in 2016.  The Bengals may certainly look to draft WR at 9, and right now it's a toss up in terms of who would be there and worthy of the ninth pick (should they go that route) between Williams, Davis and Ross.  While there are certainly other variables at play, it was interesting to see that Williams didn;t catch a single touchdown against top ranked corners and safeties.

All of this could mean nothing, but I thought it was at least interesting.  I'll update when they release similar analysis on the other top WR prospects.

Not sure what it means, but always interesting to look at. I'll comment based on my notes from tape.

VS OSU
The one INT was a horrible throw by Watson on an out route that I actually reference when I talk about his bad decision making. Around 4 minutes left in the first quarter Williams absolutely dusts Conley on a go route and Watson over throws him in the end zone, he easily had two steps on him. Mid 2nd he gets behind Lattimore and Watson under throws him rather than putting it in front of Williams (looked like Watson though he was going to stop).

Vs Bama
He had a big 30 yard reception against Humphrey on the game winning drive where he went up and snatched it out of the air. The TD Humphrey and Averett were both covering a stack formation and they got tangled up, I am guessing they are assigning that to Averett but I'd argue they didn't switch correctly and that was Humphrey's guy.

I'll be curious to see the other WR's, I am guessing Davis doesn't have any tape against the top guys and Ross's will be against Humphrey
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:30 AM)NKYRob Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-prospect-matchups-how-clemson-wr-mike-williams-fared-against-top-db-prospects/

The above link shows how Mike Williams fared against PFF's top ranked CB prospects in 2016.  The Bengals may certainly look to draft WR at 9, and right now it's a toss up in terms of who would be there and worthy of the ninth pick (should they go that route) between Williams, Davis and Ross.  While there are certainly other variables at play, it was interesting to see that Williams didn;t catch a single touchdown against top ranked corners and safeties.

All of this could mean nothing, but I thought it was at least interesting.  I'll update when they release similar analysis on the other top WR prospects.
I just can't get excited about the guy at all.  Maybe it's the name.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 08:48 AM)McC Wrote: I just can't get excited about the guy at all.  Maybe it's the name.

I'm the same. He's just not explosive. He's just a big receiving threat. If I wanted a big receiving threat that runs in the 4.5's to 4.6, I'd rather go OJ Howard because of the injury history to Eifert. Plus, Howard runs faster than Williams, is over 30 lbs heavier, and is a better blocker (which this team will need given the likely porous OL).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm the same. He's just not explosive. He's just a big receiving threat. If I wanted a big receiving threat that runs in the 4.5's to 4.6, I'd rather go OJ Howard because of the injury history to Eifert. Plus, Howard runs faster than Williams, is over 30 lbs heavier, and is a better blocker (which this team will need given the likely porous OL).

Yep.  For all these reasons, I'm thinking if he's there, he's ours.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think other than Thomas, and the other top prospects expected to go before us that OJ is the safest pick. Curious what we do if Hooker or Adams is there.

My only concern is do we run enough 2 TE sets? Is he going to be on the field enough to justify the 9th pick. I know Eifert is a FA next year and is injury prone but when healthy there is no doubt he is the starter. So would the pick be best used on a every down player maybe even regardless of position. Would it be best used in a RB? And bump Hill down a spot on the roster. Or if Hooker is there do we take him and bump Williams down.
Reply/Quote
If were talking te at 9, i want no part of it. And it seems like a lot of conversation about oj howard is he can be a good blocker. If were taking a blocking te, just take jake butt in 3.Hes infinitely better that howard at blocking and no way were running 2 te sets where both go out for passes.
Reply/Quote