A.J. Green
29.70%
30 29.70%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best WR in Bengals History
Chad Johnson in my opinion. I remember in AJ Green's rookie year thinking to myself that he was going to be one of the best WR of all time. And I guess really, he is. But I truly expected more from him. I realize looking back that in his rookie season, he wasn't double covered nearly as much and he was able to do some truly majestic things. Dude's got the moves and speed, but I'm not sure why the ball doesn't end up in his hands more than it does. Not sure if it's him not getting open, or just not getting open before Dalton decides to dump to another receiver, avoiding the sack.

All in all, I just saw more overall awesome plays from Chad Johnson. He wanted to be a HOF'er and played like one until Ocho Cinco took over his brain. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right now, it's Chad, but in time, I think it will be AJ Green.

The first response is the right one.  CJ may have annoyed us at times but he helped bring them out of the dark ages and holds so many team records. 
Reply/Quote
Trivia question.

The Bengal with the 9th highest single season receiving yardage (1273) is not on this list despite the fact that his yards per catch that season (24.0) is the third highest in NFL history for any player with over 1200 yards.

Can you name him?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trivia question.

The Bengal with the 9th highest single season receiving yardage (1273) is not on this list despite the fact that his yards per catch that season (24.0) is the third highest in NFL history for any player with over 1200 yards.

Can you name him?

Gotta be downtown Brown, he had a Willie Gault like season I'm thinking
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 05:33 PM)phil413 Wrote: Gotta be downtown Brown, he had a Willie Gault like season I'm thinking

'88 Super Bowl year.  One of the best seasons by any WR ever.  It was his only season with over 1000 yards
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '88 Super Bowl year.  One of the best seasons by any WR ever.  It was his only season with over 1000 yards

Tim McGee? I seem to remember him having 1 great season, a bunch of "ok" seasons, then he went to the Skins, then back with the Bengals for a brief stint.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tim McGee? I seem to remember him having 1 great season, a bunch of "ok" seasons, then he went to the Skins, then back with the Bengals for a brief stint.

Eddie Brown.

Phil was correct.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Eddie Brown.

Phil was correct.

For some reason I missed Phil's answer.

I just looked it up and I was close. McGee had 1211 yards in 1989 and it was his only 1000 yard season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For some reason I missed Phil's answer.

I just looked it up and I was close. McGee had 1211 yards in 1989 and it was his only 1000 yard season.

Wow, wouldn't have thought that.  You guys make me want to bust out the Tecmo Super Bowl now.  Tim also had one of the coolest Bengal Starting Lineup figures where he was gathering a catch on one knee, fit him well.  If they get to the big game this year they gotta fly some of those guys in to be there. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:48 PM)phil413 Wrote: Wow, wouldn't have thought that.  You guys make me want to bust out the Tecmo Super Bowl now.  Tim also had one of the coolest Bengal Starting Lineup figures where he was gathering a catch on one knee, fit him well.  If they get to the big game this year they gotta fly some of those guys in to be there. 

Love me some Tecmo Super Bowl. Fulcher was a beast in that game. I actually have a copy with the 2015 rosters for my Nintendo.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right now, it's Chad, but in time, I think it will be AJ Green.

I agree with this.
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson

he was the face of our franchise for a while
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote