Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Not Us?
Why not us? Special note Fredtoast the culture reference dedicated to you lol.
https://youtu.be/6ijyvDwz1CA
Reply/Quote
Todey is the beginning of the new Bengals era.

It's going to be a great dey to Who-Dey !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We got this!!!

READY FOR A NEW DAY!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Why not us? Special note Fredtoast the culture reference dedicated to you lol.

I am the one who has been saying we have to win now.  Just like CJ.

Have no idea what you mean by "cultural reference".
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Why not us? Special note Fredtoast the culture reference dedicated to you lol.

I love the "Why not us?" vibe the majority of members on this board have been posting about this past week. It's awesome people recognize the moment is now and appreciate Burrow could take us on a Super Bowl run.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am the one who has been saying we have to win now.  Just like CJ.

Have no idea what you mean by "cultural reference".

I mentioned how important the culture change mostly engineered by Taylor has been the most one of the most important elements ( along with Burrow) in this turnaround. You’ve diminished it. As far as to win now that’s a given but scaring the players into thinking it’s now or never is foolish.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:49 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I mentioned how important the culture change mostly engineered by Taylor has been the most one of the most important elements ( along with Burrow)  in this turnaround. You’ve diminished it. As far as to win now that’s a given but scaring the players into thinking it’s now or never is foolish.

Yep, you tell them that and they start believing it, they will be playing so tight they'll make mistakes trying not to make mistakes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:49 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: As far as to win now that’s a given but scaring the players into thinking it’s now or never is foolish.

(01-15-2022, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, you tell them that and they start believing it, they will be playing so tight they'll make mistakes trying not to make mistakes. 

Yeah, I am sure the respond better to coddling half-truths about how it is assured they will be back next year.  They are only poor little NFL players.  No way they could perform with any pressure on them.

Hopefully the Bengals have them in a "safe space" so none of them will her anything about how it is important to take advantage of this opportunity because they may never have it again.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I am sure the respond better to coddling half-truths about how it is assured they will be back next year.  They are only poor little NFL players.  No way they could perform with any pressure on them.

Coddling half truths? That’s a stretch. Your disconnect with so many of us on this subject is centered around the mantra of scaring them and shaking their confidence. Preaching urgency and the great opportunity is perfectly fine. Preaching its now or never not so much.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Coddling half truths? That’s a stretch. Your disconnect with so many of us on this subject is centered around the mantra of scaring them and shaking their confidence. Preaching urgency and the great opportunity is perfectly fine. Preaching its now or never not so much.

Oh no, not their fragile confidence!!

Saying that a lot of things can happen between now and next year should have ZERO effect on their confidence to win Sunday.  Funny how you want to brag on the "culture" Zac has built but at the same time claim their confidence is so fragile that it could be hurt by the truth.

There was a discussion in the other thread about leadership techniques and "stressing the opportunity".  Being honest makes the opportunity more rare and valuable.  "Stressing the opportunity" is an accepted effective leadership tool.  It provides more drive by increasing the motivation to succeed.  It reduces the chances of complacency. 

It just makes sense to me to make sure this team understands how common it has been in NFL history for hot young teams/player to never win a championship.  The media is giving a lot of play to how young so many of our top players are.  I hope they don't take their future success for granted. 
Reply/Quote
I'm with Fred on this.. Words are just words and should scare nobody. If you fail it's because you failed, end of story. It has nothing to do with whatever I might have ever said, done or thought. If you succeed same thing. These guys are all grown men. Time to treat them as such. All the Bengals past failures were organizational failures from Mike Brown on down to HC's, position coaches, players, assistants and to some degree on dirty referees and dirty opponents, but the bottom line is they're still grown men completely responsible for their own fortunes good or bad..  They're certainly paid well enough to win..It also bears reminding you all that both teams pay their players to do exactly the same thing...win games.. Every NFL team has a whole lot of millionaires playing for them. They all get paid just the same.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice humble ring to it, doesn't it?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I love the "Why not us?" vibe the majority of members on this board have been posting about this past week. It's awesome people recognize the moment is now and appreciate Burrow could take us on a Super Bowl run.

Definitely. We can't say it yet as they haven't done it, but I definitely believe far more in this team than any Bengals team in my lifetime. Burrow has largely turned up in huge games in his career, and the guy's mentality is what makes him such a good pick imo. Yeah he's a great QB who can make any throw, but he also seems to thrive in these games. The Bengals will always be the Bungles until they aren't, but Joe Burrow makes me believe we are moving beyond that. I think if we can get over the big game stigma and just win a playoff game, the sky can be the limit for these guys. Not just this season, but the next few too.
Reply/Quote