Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikey needs to pay people off and fire them
Over the years, we have seen Mikey have issues with letting favorites go and having dead money. If he feels bad about letting them go, pay them for all their "great" service. The staff doesn't get paid that much so why can't the man just pay them "retirement" money to just go away? Even if it's illegal, I'd rather have a new staff with less picks than Marvin and his staff. Send Alexander home with a big check and keep them away from our linemen.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:16 PM)phil413 Wrote: Over the years, we have seen Mikey have issues with letting favorites go and having dead money.  If he feels bad about letting them go, pay them for all their "great" service.  The staff doesn't get paid that much so why can't the man just pay them "retirement" money to just go away?  Even if it's illegal, I'd rather have a new staff with less picks than Marvin and his staff.  Send Alexander home with a big check and keep them away from our linemen.

just so you noticed. paul alexander has been our oline coach since bill clinton was in office. just so you know brother.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:18 PM)WildCat Wrote: just so you noticed. paul alexander has been our oline coach since bill clinton was in office. just so you know brother.

Oh I've been thru it all, but the "enough is enough" feeling has hit that of a Lifetime movie.  
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.M5136ccebf6589a66de028311f0a60...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.M015ee8e46bdb1f3cd7ededc016564...=204&h=154][Image: th?id=OIP.Md862d03b9cfb8b5542c852e2c7385...=329&h=179]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:18 PM)WildCat Wrote: just so you noticed. paul alexander has been our oline coach since bill clinton was in office. just so you know brother.

Actually he has been the offensive line coach since 1992 when George Bush 41 was still in office!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

The same GM is running this team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years...
Reply/Quote
A lifetime around football and he is so clueless. Lets hope the apple falls far from the tree because his daughter will be running the show soon if not already.
Reply/Quote
Severance packages? How about a kick to the crotch and a high-volume, "Never let me see you in this stadium again!" instead?

Seriously, though, Mike Brown wants a Lombardi Trophy badly and Cris Collinsworth will back me up on this. Mike genuinely wants a winner in Cincinnati but he simply has no idea how to go about making that happen. He's hyper smart -- Harvard Law -- but that doesn't translate into football acumen like his father had.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Severance packages?  How about a kick to the crotch and a high-volume, "Never let me see you in this stadium again!" instead?

Seriously, though, Mike Brown wants a Lombardi Trophy badly and Cris Collinsworth will back me up on this.  Mike genuinely wants a winner in Cincinnati but he simply has no idea how to go about making that happen.  He's hyper smart -- Harvard Law -- but that doesn't translate into football acumen like his  father had.

He is extremely smart, and a very good businessman.  I've always believed that he wants to win, but more important is to do it his way.  I am to young to remember Paul Brown, but from what I've read I think he actually gets this trait from his dad.  Who lets Bill Walsh leave so that Tiger Johnson can lead the team?  And then tries to blackball him because he had the balls to want something better...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:53 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: A lifetime around football and he is so clueless. Lets hope the apple falls far from the tree because his daughter will be running the show soon if not already.

He's grown up in the sport and seen a formula for a winning franchise..... a formula that worked 30 years ago. Maybe that formula doesn't translate so well in todays game, but you cant tell him that because he's so ingrained in his methods. From the surface Mike looks completely out of touch with the game.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's grown up in the sport and seen a formula for a winning franchise..... a formula that worked 30 years ago. Maybe that formula doesn't translate so well in todays game, but you cant tell him that because he's so ingrained in his methods. From the surface Mike looks completely out of touch with the game.

Ground hog day. Mike Brown will never learn . Marvin won't be fired. If we get a new head coach he will not be allowed to bring in his own staff.

This team is seriously messed up right now and we are looking at another cycle of being in the bottom tier of NFL.

Way too many problems with O and D line for this to be fixed any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's grown up in the sport and seen a formula for a winning franchise..... a formula that worked 30 years ago. Maybe that formula doesn't translate so well in todays game, but you cant tell him that because he's so ingrained in his methods. From the surface Mike looks completely out of touch with the game.

I really wonder about Katie and when the team is fully handed over to her.  After all, she learned the business from her father...
Reply/Quote

Modern free agency in the NFL began in 1992. The Bengals have won exactly ZERO playoff games since then.

You may be on to something.
Reply/Quote