[*]Orange Cap: Half and Half
[*]Magenta Cap: Whipping Cream
[*]

What about it?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 08:37 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: [*]

What about it?
[*]

Just posting in case anyone wanted to know... 
Reply/Quote
Guess I never paid attention, but I usually get 1% or skim, so I'm not purchasing all the colors. Is this some sort of dairy industry standard, because I've seen dark blue caps before on the 2%.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[*]Those might be at your local shop but hardly universal colors.
Reply/Quote
It can vary, according to this I found:

Whole Milk - Red Labels
  • Whole milk labels are universally red, making them stand out from the reduced-fat and skim milks. Whole milk contains 8 grams of fat per cup, which equates to about 3.5 percent milk fat.

Reduced Fat Milk - Blue, Yellow, Green Labels
  • Reduced-fat milk label colors vary by dairy manufacturer, with either a blue, yellow or green label. For example, Kemp's and Dairy Maid dairies both use yellow for their 2% milk, while Clover Organics and Borden use blue. A general guideline is blue or yellow for 2%, and green for 1% milk.

Skim Milk - Purple Labels
  • Like whole milk, skim milk uses one color to distinguish it from the other types of milk. Most dairies use purple for skim milk labels. Unlike reduced-fat milk, skim milk is fat-free.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8476921_colors-milk-labels-mean.html
Reply/Quote
[*] I will just read the label instead of trying to memorize that
Reply/Quote
Someone has too much time on their hands.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:24 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Someone has too much time on their hands.

I say not enough time. He never did get around to telling us the cap color for breast milk. And isn't that the one you were all scanning that list looking for?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 09:22 AM)xxlt Wrote: I say not enough time. He never did get around to telling us the cap color for breast milk. And isn't that the one you were all scanning that list looking for?

LMAO
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The color of the twist ties on loaves of bread will tell you what day they were delivered to the store.
Reply/Quote
[*] Rainbow cap: Harvey
Reply/Quote
We buy our milk at Safeway and their brand uses white caps for all varieties of milk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=JN.MYSRoqRUuSqusvoad%2bvLfg&pid=15.1&P=0]

Blue cap and tastes awful heated with both Nesquik or Hersey's syrup. 

Not too good in milkshakes. 

Makes nice chocolatey bowel movement though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The color of the twist ties on loaves of bread will tell you what day they were delivered to the store.

...and always reach for the hardest to get loaves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The color of the twist ties on loaves of bread will tell you what day they were delivered to the store.

I did not know that...   and is this the real fredtoast?  

Color Bread Ties!
http://consumerist.com/2011/02/28/color-coded-plastic-ties-tell-you-day-your-bread-was-baked/
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:48 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I did not know that...    and is this the real fredtoast?  

Color Bread Ties!
http://consumerist.com/2011/02/28/color-coded-plastic-ties-tell-you-day-your-bread-was-baked/

It is true. Most stores have bread delivered 5 days a week. Each color represents what day it was delivered.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We buy our milk at Safeway and their brand uses white caps for all varieties of milk.

That's how they get ya.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 07:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's how they get ya.

Damn gubmint.  I'll be wearing my tin foil hat next time I shop there.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What is everyone's favorite cereal? Honey bunches of oats here.
Reply/Quote